It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goddess Kali in Empire State Building, There is no evil illumanati conspiracy !!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks
a reply to: maddy21

I didn't support anyone or any view. I pointed out that it will mean different things to different people. Again you show a complete lack of comprehension skills and have no clue what a term like bigot means. Try going back and read what I posted. Youre barking up the wrong tree . It's amusing

And i am pointing out a flaw in your argument which you are not willing to accept. This is about deliberate misrepresentation or sheer ignorance and the damage that can do if such conspiracies are spread. Islam means different to different people because some of these people have decided to divert from the original intended message. The consequences of such freedom of thought is obvious in this world.
edit on 11-8-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

So basically if groups of people don't accept your interpretation of what it means they are wrong, and whatever label you want to give to them??? And you are better than the people you are railing against how? Quite the self inflated ego. Lol
edit on 11-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

So basically if groups of people don't accept your interpretation of what it means they are wrong, and whatever label you want to give to them??? And you are better than the people you are railing against how? Quite the self inflated ego. Lol

If you are going to concoct your own interpretations of these and use those interpretation to hate on the said deity then that person definitely needs mental help. Its their right to do it, am just pointing out at the sheer stupidity of imagining and manufacturing hate against other religious beliefs.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

If you are going to concoct your own interpretations of these and use those interpretation to hate on the said deity then that person definitely needs mental help. Its their right to do it, am just pointing out at the sheer stupidity of imagining and manufacturing hate against other religious beliefs.

You know you guys are bickering about interpretation of a stupid mask from ancient times, right? Just so you are aware

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

You know you guys are bickering about interpretation of a stupid mask from ancient times, right? Just so you are aware

Welcome to my side of a religion debate.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......I love you Krazy!! SciencevsGod round 9 million coming up next on your local dial!

link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Am simply against using the "said interpretation" to spread hate and contempt...

Apparently this thread seems to have ruffled a lot of feathers...

link   

Didn't offer any interpretation . All I did was point out that it will mean different things to different people and that's fine. Again reading comprehension would help you

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

On the contrary i am an atheist.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'm so glad that you have pointed out (and accurately I might add) the misperceptions about Kali. Yes she has a fearsome appearance and because of this is often times mistaken for evil. In reality she represents time,change or end of time yet is often mistaken for being representative of of death and destruction. Some people just want to be scared of their own shadow if it looks creepy enough. In fact the direct translation of her name means "She, who is Beyond Time" if I am not mistaken. This mantra related to Kali is said to transform the devotee into pure consciousness "Om Kring Kalikaye Namah"

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

It doesn't work that way , especially in this particular case...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

That's cool, but that still doesn't mean that interpretations of religion aren't a personal thing and can vary significantly from person to person; nor does it make YOUR chosen interpretation the ultimate correct one. Even if it may be the most traditional or widely believed one.

I mean, I've already said my piece. I think the whole display is widely hypocritical. Though now I think you are foolish for not realizing that in a majority Christian nation, that the Christians would interpret Hindu imagery through a Christian lens. Seriously Kali should just join the club. Ask Baphomet, Baal, or any other plethora of other pagan gods that have been appropriated by Christians into "demons".
edit on 11-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Says who? You? Put a Muslim. Christian, and Jew in a room. Ask them what Jesus is and represents. Three different answers. Who is right? Says who. Sorry no matter what you say and think you are not an authority on this nor is anyone who would interpret differently. Who is right? No one, everyone. Take your pick.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Says who? You? Put a Muslim. Christian, and Jew in a room. Ask them what Jesus is and represents. Three different answers. Who is right? Says who. Sorry no matter what you say and think you are not an authority on this nor is anyone who would interpret differently. Who is right? No one, everyone. Take your pick.

DO you not understand what i am saying ? If i am deliberately misinterpreting Jesus so that i can convert you into Islam than it is wrong and i am unnecessarily creating social tensions. No matter what your personal freedoms. Religion is like a dick, its not proper to flaunt it around in front of everyone.. IF one has personal opinions on gods, keep it to themselves...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Muslims don't need to misrepresent Jesus. Jesus exists in the Muslim religion. His name is called Isa.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

That's cool, but that still doesn't mean that interpretations of religion aren't a personal thing and can vary significantly from person to person; nor does it make YOUR chosen interpretation the ultimate correct one. Even if it may be the most traditional or wildly believed one.

I mean, I've already said my piece. I think the whole display is widely hypocritical. Though now I think you are foolish for not realizing that in a majority Christian nation, that the Christians would interpret Hindu imagery through a Christian lens. Seriously Kali should just join the club. Ask Baphomet, Baal, or any other plethora of other pagan gods that have been appropriated by Christians into "demons".

Personal interpretation is fine as long as you keep it personal. But when you try to propagate it to everyone else especially in a negative sense you are bound to create a social tension or social divisiveness. I am someone who has gone to a Mosque prayed there, gone to a Church, sang songs on Jesus in a convent school and gone to temples. I kind of understand more than most people the consequences of publically exporting your version of a religion.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Muslims don't need to misrepresent Jesus. Jesus exists in the Muslim religion. His name is called Isa.

I am giving an example..

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

publically exporting your version of a religion.

Wait....Didn't you just do that?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Well what are you going to do? It's what the religious do. They interpret everything through their own religious lens and then all fall over themselves to let you know about it. Is it annoying? Yes, but it's really not a behavior that can be corrected.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Oh Krazy...Names....Bla bla bla......You won't even accept that Jesus was real and there were thousands of people that attested to his life on Earth....

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join