It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT! Recent Satellite Photos Needed of RAF Machrihanish / Scotland's AREA 51

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by alienwatcher

I was at Machrihanish in july 2004 with IV(AC) squadron on the Harrier GR7 deployment, and there is absolutely nothing going on in the place, the security there is just a couple of 'MOD Plod' civilian guards, and the entire place is deserted.
The Gaydon hanger is on the verge of being condemmed its in such a bad state, the

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to

[edit on 29-10-2008 by skeleton ops]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

During my time in the RAF on IV(AC) Squadron I was in Machrihanish in July 2004 with the Harrier GR7 Detachment, and most of these rumours about the place are simply just made up im sorry to say.

this is an interesting thread but I saw nothing sinister at all about the place, its just a relic of the cold war.

Firstly, security, there were only a couple of 'MOD Plod' civilian security guards on the main gate, unarmed and freindly so this talk about 'thousands of troops' is far of the mark!

The Gaydon hanger is in very bad shape and i doubt that id even keep my car inside let alone a £billion jet.

The tall brown building that a lot of people are talking about was used by the Navy SEALS to hang parachutes in, (similar to the towers at fire stations used for hanging hoses) and is empty and deserted. We were staying in tents pitched right next to it.

the 'tunnels' do exist, if you consider the fuel pipleline that links the underground fuel depot tanks to campletown harbour to be a tunnel anyway.

I cant comment for activity thats gone on there previously and afterwards, because iv no idea, and it wouldn't surprise me if secret things have gone on there during the cold war, but Britains area 51? No chance, sorry to piss on your bonfire!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

i've just used google maps to measure this runway, its 2037 meters longs which is 1.26 miles (1.26573 miles if you wanna be precise, lol)

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join