It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photos Show Bush Administration Reaction to 9/11 Attacks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mike dangerously
Cheney's on the phone assuring King Faud that the Bin Ladin's are safe and sound on their private jet and apologizing profusely for any inconvenience.Cheney: Yes,Your Majesty we will deal with these outrageous rumors about your family buying off terrorists once and for all! We will tell the rabble that all of these groups come from Eurasia and Caucuses.King Faud: Good boy,you will find an extra donation in your off shore account.Let that moron hide in that bunker in Nebraska,trust me his father will call it brilliant and kiss my royal ass.

I believe that is what was going through his mind. How to protect and divert the attention from the Saudis. And he did.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I just got through a first pass studying them. A few seem a bit off to me...as in relaxed faces and smirks.

Although you see things that seem off...How do we know what the standard should be as this has never happened on US soil before.

Sometimes people will say something to help ease the tension in the room, because when you don't have a level head things go wrong and things get sent out wrong...but that is just my guess, hell I could totally be wrong on my observation and that wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Exactly. They could have heard the news that a loved one is safe, or the terror attacks appear to be over as the picture was taken. I'm sure calls were rolling in from other country leaders offering condolences and any support they could provide that might cause a smile or some relief. The administration is supposed to cry and look somber for 12 straight hours?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I dont think Cheney looks happy, no on the contrary he looks as if he like a few others including his wife knew about the project before it happened but may not have been privy to the actual moment it would. If they were as dumbfounded, shocked and PISSED as every other Red Blooded American, they could not have been sitting peacefully with legs crossed as they watched the planes continue to crash and the befumble of the AF not stopping it faster.

They would have been feet on the floor big eyed and eyes that showed strategic planning instead of regret, even sadness and reflection.

here's a great example of what you described,and couldn't agree more with your perspective

I would love to hear a body language expert's opinion on these photo's

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I believe that is what was going through his mind. How to protect and divert the attention from the Saudis. And he did.

Perhaps he is thinking that numerous warnings the United States received from countries around the world that Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda were ready to attack America with hijacked airliners, were right.

They Tried to Warn Us: Foreign Intelligence Warnings Before 9/11
First, General Warnings

# In late 2000, British investigators teamed up with their counterparts in the Cayman Islands and began a yearlong probe of three Afghan men who had entered the Cayman Islands illegally. [Miami Herald, 9/20/01, Los Angeles Times, 9/20/01] In June 2001, the Afghan men were overheard discussing hijacking attacks in New York City, and were promptly taken into custody. This information was forwarded to US intelligence [Fox News, 5/17/02]. In late August 2001, shortly before the attacks, an anonymous letter to a Cayman radio station alleged these same men were al-Qaeda agents “organizing a major terrorist act against the US via an airline or airlines.” [Miami Herald, 9/20/01, Los Angeles Times, 9/20/01, MSNBC, 9/23/01]

1. In late July 2001, Afghanistan’s Foreign Minister Wakil Ahmed Muttawakil learned that Osama bin Laden was planning a “huge attack” on targets inside America. The attack was imminent, and would kill thousands, he learned from the leader of the rebel Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, which was closely allied with al-Qaeda at the time. Muttawakil sent an emissary to pass this information on to the US Consul General, and another US official, “possibly from the intelligence services.” Sources confirmed that this message was received, but supposedly not taken very seriously, because of “warning fatigue” arising from too many terror warnings. [Independent, 9/7/02, Reuters, 9/7/02]
2. Also in late July 2001, the US was given a “concrete warning” from Argentina’s Jewish community. “An attack of major proportions” was planned against either the US, Argentina, or France. The information came from an unidentified intelligence agency. [Forward, 5/31/02]
3. An undercover agent from Morocco successfully penetrated al-Qaeda. He learned that bin Laden was “very disappointed” that the 1993 bombing had not toppled the World Trade Center, and was planning “large scale operations in New York in the summer or fall of 2001.” He provided this information to the US in August 2001. [Agence France Presse, 11/22/01, International Herald Tribune, 5/21/02, London Times, 6/12/02]
4. Hasni Mubarak, President of Egypt, maintains that in the beginning of September 2001 Egyptian intelligence warned American officials that al-Qaeda was in the advanced stages of executing a significant operation against an American target, probably within the US. [AP, 12/7/01, New York Times, 6/4/02] He learned this information from an agent working inside al-Qaeda. [ABC News, 6/4/02]

Warnings the Attack Will Come from the Air

Many warnings specifically mentioned a threat coming from the air.

1. In 1999, British intelligence gave a secret report to the US embassy. The report stated that al-Qaeda had plans to use “commercial aircraft” in “unconventional ways,”“possibly as flying bombs.” [Sunday Times, 6/9/02] On July 16, 2001, British intelligence passed a message to the US that al-Qaeda was in “the final stages” of preparing a terrorist attack in Western countries. [London Times, 6/14/02] In early August, the British gave another warning, telling the US to expect multiple airline hijackings from al-Qaeda. This warning was included in Bush’s briefing on August 6, 2001. [Sunday Herald, 5/19/02]

2. In June 2001, German intelligence warned the US, Britain, and Israel that Middle Eastern terrorists were planning to hijack commercial aircraft and use them as weapons to attack “American and Israeli symbols which stand out.” Within the American intelligence community, “the warnings were taken seriously and surveillance intensified” but “there was disagreement on how such terrorist attacks could be prevented.” This warning came from Echelon, a spy satellite network that is partly based in Germany. [Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, 9/11/01, Washington Post, 9/14/01]

3. In late July 2001, Egyptian intelligence received a report from an undercover agent in Afghanistan that “20 al-Qaeda members had slipped into the US and four of them had received flight training on Cessnas.” To the Egyptians, pilots of small planes didn’t sound terribly alarming, but they passed on the message to the CIA anyway, fully expecting Washington to request information. “The request never came.” [CBS, 10/9/02] Given that there were 19 hijackers and four pilots (who trained on Cessnas) in the 9/11 plot, one might think this would now be a big news item. But in fact, the information has only appeared as an aside in a CBS “60 Minutes” show about a different topic.

4. In late summer 2001, Jordan intelligence intercepted a message stating that a major attack was being planned inside the US and that aircraft would be used. The code name of the operation was Big Wedding, which did in fact turn out to be the codename of the 9/11 plot. The message was passed to US intelligence through several channels. [International Herald Tribune, 5/21/02, Christian Science Monitor, 5/23/02]

5. Russian President Vladimir Putin publicly stated that he ordered his intelligence agencies to alert the US in the summer of 2001 that suicide pilots were training for attacks on US targets. [Fox News, 5/17/02] The head of Russian intelligence also stated, “We had clearly warned them” on several occasions, but they “did not pay the necessary attention.” [Agence France-Presse, 9/16/01] The Russian newspaper Izvestia claimed that Russian intelligence agents knew the participants in the attacks, and: “More than that, Moscow warned Washington about preparation for these actions a couple of weeks before they happened.” [Izvestia, 9/12/02]

6. Five days before 9/11, the priest Jean-Marie Benjamin was told by a Muslim at an Italian wedding of a plot to attack the US and Britain using hijacked airplanes as weapons. He wasn’t told time or place specifics. He immediately passed what he knew on to a judge and several politicians in Italy. Presumably this Muslim confided in him because Benjamin has done considerable charity work in Muslim countries and is considered “one of the West’s most knowledgeable experts on the Muslim world.” [Zenit, 9/16/01] Benjamin has not revealed who told him this information, but it could have come from a member of the al-Qaeda cell in Milan, Italy. This cell supplied forged documents for other al-Qaeda operations, and wiretaps show members of the cell were aware of the 9/11 plot. [Los Angeles Times, 5/29/02, Guardian, 5/30/02, Boston Globe, 8/4/02]

s3.amazonaws.com...]
edit on 2-9-2015 by skyeagle409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Crap!
Like I was kicking back with my feet up too, as I watched the office fires that killed 3,000 people that morning.

Where's he hiding the popcorn?

That looks like a numbers-crunching mechanism behind his eyes, doesn't it?
edit on (9/2/1515 by loveguy because: in reference to cheney...referring not revering

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: skyeagle409

Interesting. Mmmm....Bin Laden was Saudi and so were the attackers.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Interesting. Mmmm....Bin Laden was Saudi and so were the attackers.

But, Osama bin Laden and Saudi Arabia were not exactly the best of friends. What countries were the other 9/11 hijackers from?

Osama bin Laden and Saudi Arabia

Bin Laden met with King Fahd, and Saudi Defense Minister Sultan, telling them not to depend on non-Muslim assistance from the United States and others, and offering to help defend Saudi Arabia with his Arab legion. Bin Laden's offer was rebuffed, and the Saudi monarchy invited the deployment of U.S. forces in Saudi territory.

Bin Laden publicly denounced Saudi dependence on the U.S. military, arguing the two holiest shrines of Islam, Mecca and Medina, the cities in which the Prophet Mohamed received and recited Allah's message, should only be defended by Muslims. Bin Laden's criticism of the Saudi monarchy led them to try to silence him.

Bin Laden continued to speak publicly against the Saudi government, for which the Saudis banished him. In 1992 he went to live in exile in Sudan, in a deal brokered by Ali Mohamedte]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Ah. After reading all that, I see Bin Laden did not trust the US military being in cahoots with the Saudi government. I can see why he was a threat to Cheney. Bin Laden also hated Saddam, ironic.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

h. After reading all that, I see Bin Laden did not trust the US military being in cahoots with the Saudi government. I can see why he was a threat to Cheney. Bin Laden also hated Saddam, ironic.

Osama bin Laden was upset at the Saudi government because they allowed the United States to base its troops in Saudi Arabia, but not many people are aware that Iraqi troops had invaded Saudi Arabia, but were driven out.

And, not many people are aware of the rest of the story, and that is, Osama bin Laden long ranged plans for the Middle East and Saddam had long ranged ambitions in the Persian Gulf. Saddam also had a plan to use his Iranian war debt owed to his Gulf neighbors as an excuse to bring up new conflicts in the Persian Gulf region.

The Gulf War, 1991

At the end of the Iran-Iraq War of 1980–1988, Iraq emerged with its state intact and a reinforced sense of national pride, but laden with massive debts. Iraq had largely financed the war effort through loans, and owed some $37 billion to Gulf creditors in 1990. Iraqi President Saddam Hussein called on the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait to cancel the Iraqi debt they held, arguing that the loans should be considered payments to Iraq for protecting the Arabian Peninsula from Iranian expansionism, but his appeals went unanswered. The Gulf states’ refusal to cancel Iraq’s war debts contributed to Saddam Hussein’s decision to make threats against Iraq’s rich, but militarily weak, neighbor Kuwait.

After Kuwait rejected Saddam’s debt-forgiveness demands, he threatened to reignite a conflict over the long-standing question of ownership of the Warbah and Bubiyan Islands, to which Iraq ascribed importance because of the secure access they afforded to its ports on the Khawr 'Abd Allah—the waterway to the Persian Gulf that remained the only viable alternative to the closed Shatt Al-'Arab, cluttered with debris from the Iran-Iraq War.

history.state.gov...

Some people seem to think that the 9/11 attack was an inside job to be used as an excuse to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, but the United States didn't invade Afghanistan when Osama bin Laden bombed our embassies in Kenya and Tanzania and the USS Cole in Yemen, and the United States didn't bomb Iraq in 1993 after one of the terrorist, who bombed WTC 1 in 1993, fled to Iraq before moving on to Pakistan.

edit on 3-9-2015 by skyeagle409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Thanks for all that info. But Bin Laden and Saddam are both dead. And we are still entrenched there with no way out because the ME will always be on fire. That is what most can't forgive the Cheney's and Bush's for doing to us. I believe war is necessary, but it has to end. It will never end in the ME because of tribalism and religion.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Yo're welcome!

I wish for the day when we can bring all of out troops home safely, but that is not in the cards in the foreseeable future.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I can tell you what was going thru each of their minds... Guilt. No picture required.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mrscary3721

I can tell you what was going thru each of their minds... Guilt. No picture required.

Perhaps, considering the number of warnings issued to the United States from around the world that Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda were in the process of carrying out their attack on America using hijacked airliners. After the 9/11 attack, they found that the warnings were legitimate after all.

One Philippine official was upset after the 9/11 attack because the Philippines issued warnings to the United States in 1995 that terrorist were planning to use hijacked airliners to kill thousands of people and one of those warnings was of an attack on CIA headquarters.

I might add that ignoring intelligence warnings is nothing new nor unique solely to the United States. After all, Hitler's blunders and his ignoring of warnings from his commanders had assisted the allies and help shorten the war in Europe.

Other than Bush and Rice, I also blame our intelligence agencies and even the FAA for dropping the ball.
edit on 6-9-2015 by skyeagle409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyeagle409
a reply to: Boone 870

For those who don't pay attention, that means no "stand-down order" from Cheney for flight 77 before it crashed into the Pentagon. He was still in his office as it approached.

My Wing Commander was also in the Pentagon when American 77 struck.
were you there too

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yo're welcome!

I wish for the day when we can bring all of out troops home safely, but that is not in the cards in the foreseeable future.
why not? still money to be made?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

h. After reading all that, I see Bin Laden did not trust the US military being in cahoots with the Saudi government. I can see why he was a threat to Cheney. Bin Laden also hated Saddam, ironic.

Osama bin Laden was upset at the Saudi government because they allowed the United States to base its troops in Saudi Arabia, but not many people are aware that Iraqi troops had invaded Saudi Arabia, but were driven out.

after 9/11, W ordered all troops out of Saudi Arabia. This was payback to the royal family who the bin laden family worked for.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boone 870
It's funny how everyone is so busy trying to read body language and whatnot, that they didn't pay attention to what was on Cheney's television.

One of the photos show President Bush speaking at Booker Elementary school, which started at 9:30.

Others on a different forum zoomed in on the TV screen and the CNN ticker shows times of 9:33 and 9:36 in some of the photos.

Why are these three times significant?

It completely destroys Norman Mineta's claim that he was in the PEOC at 9:20 with VP Cheney.

For those who don't pay attention, that means no "stand-down order" from Cheney for flight 77 before it crashed into the Pentagon. He was still in his office as it approached.

are you saying cheney was watching on tv Bush at the florida school? I don't see that pic in the link anywhere. But if Mineta lied, that is a major offense and was under oath right, should we look into that and why he lied?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HorusChrist

No, but he filled us in on the details of what happened. In addition, I have seen photos of the carnage inside and outside the Pentagon.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

why not? still money to be made?

Let's take a look.

Budget cuts to slash U.S. Army to smallest since before World War Two

The Pentagon said on Monday it would shrink the U.S. Army to pre-World War Two levels, eliminate the popular A-10 aircraft and reduce military benefits in order to meet 2015 spending caps, setting up an election-year fight with the Congress over national defense priorities.

www.reuters.com...

Could the following story be one of the reasons?

US Wars in Afghanistan, Iraq to Cost $6 trillion

The decade-long American wars in Afghanistan and Iraq would end up costing as much as $6 trillion, the equivalent of $75,000 for every American household, calculates the prestigious Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

fter 9/11, W ordered all troops out of Saudi Arabia. This was payback to the royal family who the bin laden family worked for.

I should add that the Saudi Government and even Osama bin Laden's own family have disowned him.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join