It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes - ye be hypocrites

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Intolerance means not tolerating. That includes people's opinions and not tolerating those that don't like homosexuality or those that are homophobic.

You're right. I don't tolerate bigots well. Not racists, sexists, heterosexists... I also don't tolerate cheaters, liars, and thieves. I'm intolerant of ignorance and bullies. I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I like Morgan Freeman's idea:

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I agree that there is a "Gay Agenda". There is an organized effort for their equal/civil rights. They want to be considered equal in marriage, but that's not all! Those # also want protection from being fired for being gay, refused services because they're gay, refused housing because they're gay! Oh my! Where's my fainting couch?

At least that's how I perceive the Gay agenda. How do you perceive it?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I am so "down" with that message, that a hole has just appeared in the space time continuum.

Nice find Tenth!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I agree that there is a "Gay Agenda". There is an organized effort for their equal/civil rights. They want to be considered equal in marriage, but that's not all! Those # also want protection from being fired for being gay, refused services because they're gay, refused housing because they're gay! Oh my! Where's my fainting couch?

At least that's how I perceive the Gay agenda. How do you perceive it?

The same way, plus a whole lot more. You can add forced acceptance through indoctrination and shaming to that list as well. The very existence of words like "homophobic" and "heterosexist" are a direct testament to that fact.

Like it or not, there is something wrong with a person who is disgusted by the thought of using their sexual organs the way they were intended to propagate our species.

What is so bad about acknowledging that?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Like it or not, there is something wrong with a person who finds it impossible to look past sexuality when dealing with homosexuals.

Honestly... there are few things in the world that do the devils work more readily than a bigot. Keep that in mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Saying or implying that there is a "gay agenda" is pretty homophobic buddy.

Its not homophobic. Saying there is no gay agenda is delusional, especially coming from a gay rights activist.

It's the connotation on how it is used that makes it homophobic. When someone says, "gay agenda," what they are really saying is, "I believe that the gays want to come and destroy everything I hold sacred in life." This isn't true, and thus why that term is just an admission of homophobia.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Like it or not, there is something wrong with a person who is disgusted by the thought of using their sexual organs the way they were intended to propagate our species.

No there isn't.

Life intended that I drink milk. I don't' like milk.

There's nothing wrong with me.

My youngest like to use her toes to pick things up off the floor instead of her hands.

There's nothing wrong with her.

Pointing it out as if there was something wrong, is hoping there is something wrong based on nothing, but a personal need to be validated.

There are many people who find feet disgusting, hands, noses, arm pits ETC.

There's nothing 'wrong' with these people because they have a different preference then what you would like to call normal.

And people really need to stop using the whole 'propagate the species' argument. It's stupid, and it doesn't have anything to do with anything.

Gay people aren't magically incapable of having children. Nor do they have some aversion to having them, simply because they like the same sex.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

It's the connotation on how it is used that makes it homophobic. When someone says, "gay agenda," what they are really saying is, "I believe that the gays want to come and destroy everything I hold sacred in life." This isn't true

BS! It is true!

Just ask the bakers who have lost everything for refusing to make a freaking cake. Is their fear of homosexuals an irrational one?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Life intended that I drink milk. I don't' like milk.

Actually, what other species do you know of that, as adults, drink the milk intended for the infants of another species?

Drinking milk is WRONG! It's not normal and it's disgusting!

Just making a point...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Just ask the bakers who have lost everything for refusing to make a freaking cake.

You mean the bakers who have to follow the law, just like the rest of us do? Gay people didn't do that to them. Their bigotry did.

Is their fear of homosexuals an irrational one?

Absolutely!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

It's the connotation on how it is used that makes it homophobic. When someone says, "gay agenda," what they are really saying is, "I believe that the gays want to come and destroy everything I hold sacred in life." This isn't true

BS! It is true!

Just ask the bakers who have lost everything for refusing to make a freaking cake. Is their fear of homosexuals an irrational one?

Yes. It is. The whole reason they LOST everything is because they were homophobic bigots to BEGIN with, tried to put that homophobia into their business practices, got exposed publicly as such, and lost their business because people don't want to do business with homophobes. This is regular market forces at work here and you are instead blaming it on some "gay agenda". See, this is the homophobia talking. You can't recognize that the bakers are the victims of their own intolerance and blame the "gays" for the backlash from said intolerance. They made their bed, now they get to lie in it.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

So I don't have social anxiety disorder? I just don't like to talk to people. Nothing wrong with me. Good to know. I feel so much better and accepted now.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

And yet here we are in a thread titled "Homophobes - ye be hypocrites" which is designed to generalise and persecute anyone who doesn't agree with the gay agenda.

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Intolerance means not tolerating. That includes people's opinions and not tolerating those that don't like homosexuality or those that are homophobic.

Tolerance and equality means just that.

No amount of PC garbage justifies calling people names under the banner of ''equality'' and ''tolerance''.

Again- you completely missed the point. Which was not the term homophobe or name-calling or any other side-issue that has come up. I could just as well have used "This is a rant" as a thread title. What would you have hammered on then?

The point was the double standards being applied by those that love to point out why "homosexuality is bad". Which bizarrely is the only thing that has not been addressed or at least countered or "disproven".

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

So I don't have social anxiety disorder? I just don't like to talk to people. Nothing wrong with me. Good to know. I feel so much better and accepted now.

What?

I never stated that at all. SAD is an actual condition.

Homosexuality is not.

Why would you compare the two?

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I find it funny how folks in your camp hold the law in such high regard when discussing what you view as "discrimination", but when it comes to deporting illegal immigrants you're like... # the law.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf

The point was the double standards being applied by those that love to point out why "homosexuality is bad". Which bizarrely is the only thing that has not been addressed or at least countered or "disproven".

Oh, me, me ! I can answer that one.

Homosexuality is bad because

Insert what ever stupid, bloody answer floats your* boat. Nobody will ever be able to change your mind and you can go away and pat yourself on the back for being right.

*generic 'your'

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Oh! I SEE!

You are just UNIVERSALLY opposed to common respect amongst human beings, not just homosexuals, but everyone!

Forgive me, I thought something was horribly wrong there! *sarc*

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Oh! I SEE!

You are just UNIVERSALLY opposed to common respect amongst human beings, not just homosexuals, but everyone!

Forgive me, I thought something was horribly wrong there! *sarc*

There's that shame tactic again.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I find it funny how folks in your camp hold the law in such high regard when discussing what you view as "discrimination", but when it comes to deporting illegal immigrants you're like... # the law.

This is called a red herring fallacy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join