It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes - ye be hypocrites

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

Do not reply that tirade of abuse aimed at ''bible bashers'' at me.

You clearly know nothing of me and my opinions of Christianity or anything else.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

Do not reply that tirade of abuse aimed at ''bible bashers'' at me.

You clearly know nothing of me and my opinions of Christianity or anything else.

Please read back, I never aimed directly at you just a % of posters who dont understand the human condition. If people wish to believe in a god who allows man to judge fellow man then they obviously have no understanding of the true message.

The tagline to this site - DENY IGNORANCE - yet every day more and more ignorance is posted. People saying that "its not normal" then why has it been going on for thousands of years and also something that happens in nature itself is wrong?
edit on 3109America/Chicagokamb2015201502America/Chicago by thekaboose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Here is some hypocrisy:

Pointing out the recent flood of homosexual threads was tedious and nasty.

Then making another tedious nasty clickbait thread about homosexuals and calling those that don't agree to your opinion ''hypocrites''.

Enough already.

Opinion nazis should be banned, live and let live means also accepting that there are other opinions than yours. Get over it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It was a reply to me and my comment.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I also recognise that heterosexuality is the norm, that is a fact.

Heterosexuality is not normal, it’s just common.

I don't hate homosexual people though I have known of sufficient debauchery from it that is far beyond heterosexual open marriages, that doesn't make me ''homophobic''.

Nope but it does make you a Hetrosexist

Applying labels to people because they recognise certain practices are not the norm or a tirade of abuse towards those that think of it as something that requires psychological intervention or however they think of it is just as small minded and hypocritical as those that want everyone believing in their opinions and none others.

Again, makes you a Hetrosexist "It can include the presumption that everyone is heterosexual or that opposite-sex attractions and relationships are the only norm"

Try backing off and realising that your opinion isn't the only opinion and others are 100% entitled to their own opinions.

POT, KETTLE, BLACK!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Heterosexuality IS normal.

Heterosexist is a stupid term of opinion nazis that don't like other opinions than theirs.

You can keep your opinion, I couldn't care less for it, I just don't want to hear about it every 5 minutes nor it being shouted from the rooftops or shoved down throats.

Do not however try denying me of my opinions or those that are homophobic or just dislike homosexuality, it is their right to an opinion.

originally posted by: flammadraco

I also recognise that heterosexuality is the norm, that is a fact.

Heterosexuality is not normal, it’s just common.

I don't hate homosexual people though I have known of sufficient debauchery from it that is far beyond heterosexual open marriages, that doesn't make me ''homophobic''.

Nope but it does make you a Hetrosexist

Applying labels to people because they recognise certain practices are not the norm or a tirade of abuse towards those that think of it as something that requires psychological intervention or however they think of it is just as small minded and hypocritical as those that want everyone believing in their opinions and none others.

Again, makes you a Hetrosexist "It can include the presumption that everyone is heterosexual or that opposite-sex attractions and relationships are the only norm"

Try backing off and realising that your opinion isn't the only opinion and others are 100% entitled to their own opinions.

POT, KETTLE, BLACK!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Until last week, I thought Ashley Madison made cupcakes.

While privacy rights are paramount, I still find it amusing.

Just one question on your figures.

You compare US gay stats against Ashley Madisons membership, which is global.

It doesn't remove the stain of hypocricy, but it leaves your numbers in doubt.

As for the 38 million busted?

Ha-ha.

link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Here is some hypocrisy:

Pointing out the recent flood of homosexual threads was tedious and nasty.

Then making another tedious nasty clickbait thread about homosexuals and calling those that don't agree to your opinion ''hypocrites''.

Enough already.

Opinion nazis should be banned, live and let live means also accepting that there are other opinions than yours. Get over it.

Just because I reply to one of your threads like now, does not mean that everything I say is directed at you. But thank you for letting me live rent free in that part of your brain.

Opinion nazis: So none of your replies at all could ever be put into this category?

There will always been people with other opinions to me, thats life. The problem is that some peoples "opinions" are ... well.... not very nice. I mean look at the KKK. They have an opinion, its not right and should be crushed but its an opinion. Some atheists have the opinion that people who follow religion are stupid, thats not a right opinion. Some religious people think that gay people should be shunned and judged.... when some holy texts say that only their god can judge, its their opinion, a tad backward but hey... thats life!

Also, I take it that you didnt aim one of your posts at me? I mean Im not the OP on this thread. I just put in my opinion in reply to yours with an added bonus of what I think that 90% of PEOPLE would say. You yourself took it upon yourself to become offended by that which makes me believe you are one of these people.

+1 more 
link   

Heterosexuality IS normal.

As normal as Homosexuality

Heterosexist is a stupid term of opinion nazis that don't like other opinions than theirs.

You are the one than posted saying how silly the OP was for using the word "Homophobic", I've just given another word to be used that seems to have struck a cord with you.

You can keep your opinion, I couldn't care less for it, I just don't want to hear about it every 5 minutes nor it being shouted from the rooftops or shoved down throats.

Don't come into these threads then! then you wouldn't have much to complain about. In the same way I stay out of the bible bashing threads!!

Do not however try denying me of my opinions or those that are homophobic or just dislike homosexuality, it is their right to an opinion.

No one is denying you anything, you're entitled to your opinion and its my opinion that you are HETROSEXIST, and I don't care if you like the label or not!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

If I may, we also heard stuff like:

If we allow homosexuals to get married, where will it end? Next people will be wanting to marry children, or their dog or a goat etc...

Well, heterosexuals only have themselves / ourselves to blame. Back in the day when some misguided twit decided that marriage would be a good idea between a man and a woman did they not stop to think that one day a couple of blokes or two girls might want to get married too?

Lack of foresight, I call it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
a reply to: Gemwolf

If I may, we also heard stuff like:

If we allow homosexuals to get married, where will it end? Next people will be wanting to marry children, or their dog or a goat etc...

Well, heterosexuals only have themselves / ourselves to blame. Back in the day when some misguided twit decided that marriage would be a good idea between a man and a woman did they not stop to think that one day a couple of blokes or two girls might want to get married too?

Lack of foresight, I call it.

You forgot fridges! OH the madness

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You're right. Some other opinions are not very nice, but they don't have to be. It's a fact of life. Your opinions aren't very nice. Oh well, somehow, I get on with my life.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

If homosexuality were normal, the percentage of people who are homosexual would be closer to an even split with the percentage of people identifying as heterosexual. Instead, it's more like 5% in very generous estimates.

Strictly biologically speaking, heterosexuality is the norm for a very clear reason.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose

You forgot fridges! OH the madness

Is nothing to be sacred anymore?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If homosexuality were normal, the percentage of people who are homosexual would be closer to an even split with the percentage of people identifying as heterosexual. Instead, it's more like 5% in very generous estimates.

Strictly biologically speaking, heterosexuality is the norm for a very clear reason.

Look up same sex actions in nature. We must ask ourselves, how many people out there are sexually confused or hiding their true nature due to the damning opinions of their friends, family or environment (Look at Russia or any area controlled by ISIS for an extreme example)

originally posted by: ketsuko

You're right. Some other opinions are not very nice, but they don't have to be. It's a fact of life. Your opinions aren't very nice. Oh well, somehow, I get on with my life.

This is kind of what I am getting at, people shouldnt judge, they should just get on with their life. I would try explaining myself more but alas I would most likely get another insult thrown at me.

Life is hard, painful and short. We make happiness as we go, be it with a man or a woman. We do what comes natural to us which doesnt always fall in line with what society used to think of as "wrong" (but still there are few who think this way). Life will go on after you die, your opinions wiped clean from the slate of humanity and in years to come the thought of being homophobic or racist will be seen as petty, small minded and backward.

This is a time I would love to see but alas I doubt I would ever see such a time in my life. Petty squabbles of man get in the way of the truth and we as individuals perpetuate this every day, look at this argument over opinions, Im not proud of it and I support others thinking for themselves but if people believe that others cannot fight for people at this point in our history then they need a wake up call
edit on 3109America/Chicagokamb2015201532America/Chicago by thekaboose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose

Adultery, as I have heard Christians scream; is a sin. But there is very little backlash when someone commits this "sin"

You must have missed the whole Monika Lewinsky ordeal. We impeached a president over adultry for Christ's sake.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Nope. Adultery isn't a crime. Clinton was impeached for lying about it.

WASHINGTON (AllPolitics, December 19) -- A deeply divided House of Representatives impeached President Bill Clinton Saturday on charges of lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstructing justice in the Monica Lewinsky affair.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

There are plenty of things I could call you but I refrain due to civility and that I consider it not worth my effort.

However, don't bother calling me names just because you don't like that I have opinions that differ to yours.

I am not homophobic but if I wanted to be it would be my choice and none of yours or anyone else's business.

Heterosexist is a stupid word. People can have a moral preference if they choose, again it is none of yours or anyone else's business.

Are you calling all Jews and Muslims homophobes then? All Christians? All those that don't like homosexuality as it isn't the norm?

The hypocrisy is that attempts at forcing your opinion is an attempt at denying others theirs.

Christians have a right to an opinion whether you or anyone else hate it, it is called EQUALITY.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

When you click the ''reply'' button it is a REPLY to the person making the comment and I didn't write this thread either.

If you were making a general statement you should reply to the thread not to a member.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Homophobic people have the right to opinions.

Do you not comprehend the irony and hypocrisy of name calling people that are homophobic?

You either agree to equality or you don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join