It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Gun Shop Now “Muslim Free Zone"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

and could be discriminatory,

Correction. Would be.
As long as a customer fulfilled any legal requirements, denying service base on their religion alone would be discriminatory.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

There is zero interesting questions to be raised.

Publicity stunt plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I'm a blue-eyed natural blonde and don't have a huge beard. How would he know I'm Muslim? This idiot actually thinks all Muslims look the same.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I know the law is trying to force multi culture on everyone, but does that guy not have a point about using his personal discernment.

PCs fine if we all play by the same rules but that isn't happening and more atrocities are occurring in countries where prior to muslims arriving there were none whatsoever attributed to them. Its a situation where honesty needs to come before the sweetie tweetie PC argument gets emotionally dragged out. I do believe that thorough checks need to be carried out on anyone buying a gun or holding a lot of arms - but I don't believe the state or PC lobbyists has the right to interfere in this matter which is clearly happening at the moment.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

And yet for the SC shooting incident, the gun shop and gun purchase snafu went front and center in that case. Has anyone heard much about where the Tennessee shooter got his weapon? I mean did anyone make a fuss about it? Just asking.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Perhaps the veil you might be wearing and possible the whole bling face mask with the silvery dangly bits around the eyes that some muslim women sport, except in Saudi where the men in charge think this look is a bit too erotic.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
See what happens when you rely on the MSM for news and current events.......

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

From a legal standpoint he is completely in the wrong declaring his store a Muslim free zone. He makes this confusing as he back peddles and invites a Muslim man to his gun range.

I'm not sure how the gun laws are in Florida, if there's background checks and whatnot, but if a Muslim passes the background he can't be refused service because he is Muslim.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

I don't know what bothers me more.

The bigot that owns the gun store or the blowhard from the young turks.

I like the Young Turks as in what they stand for and for what they have achiecved...but yes, Cenk is very annoying

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This may become the first gun shop target for terrorists.

I wonder what his financiers and suppliers will think.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745

All religious folk are flaky and ignorant.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
what is there to say here.
You can't fix stupid.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Recipe for free publicity:

1) Have a business
2) Refuse service some group of people
3) Backpedal when the press catches wind, insist you're fair and that your policy was taken out of context.
4) Buy a rake, you gonna need it for all the sympathy dollars and extra business.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

A gun store owner can deny a sale if he "feels" the purchaser is acting mentally unstable or criminally.

As a Devil's Advocate, the only way the owner should know is if the buyer starts preaching their religion in the store. I'd deny the sale regardless of which religion if I thought they were a religious nut.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Greetings and Salutations- I travel by this store on My way to the dog park. No traffic was there at 08:53 hrs. and again at 09:47 hrs. The little note explaining the policy was "blowing in the wind"..

This is the article written by the local rag: www.chronicleonline.com...

In this article it relates that a self described Muslim will be taking the Concealed Weapons course in the near future. I've been in this store with a fellow retired LEO and He filled out the paperwork for the monthly drawing for a new 9mm. If You join their farcebook™ "Friends" You're eligible to win the FREE gun.

•Personal Note• That same "eerie feeling" that kept Me alive during My Police career was present when they asked Me to fill out the "paperwork". I told Him then that anything to farcebook™ is sent into a big seine and I felt more comfortable keeping My business "in house"... It should also be noted that another Citrus County business owner is doing 10 year Federal beef for guns running through His atv shop. The Gov't. took ALL this guys $$$ and holding and STILL sent Him up..

I'll report back when this store is CLOSED.

namaste

Edit: Hassan Shibley is the person from CAIR™ that will be taking the course..
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: added name.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

So by declaring his store a Muslim Free Zone you're suggesting he assumes all Muslims are either mentally unstable and or criminals?

Businesses have the right refuse services based on a case by case bases but they cannot discriminate against a group of people based on their religion. It's all very clear in OP.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Where are all the obligatory "it's his private business he can refuse service to anyone he wants" posts?

Oh, right. Religion.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
"No Shirt, No Shoes, No .40 cal"

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Questions:

What if a muslim bought a gun or 2 from his shop an did go and commit some terrorist act? Would he be responsible?

Would he feel responsible if any guy who bought a gun from his shop went out on a killing spree?

Is a gun shop owner responsible for selling guns to a would be terrorist or just some nut job?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Silly questions. No he wouldn't be responsible, unless the Muslim in question failed a background check but he sold them weapons anyway.

Would he feel responsible? Perhaps, but he can't control the actions of others. Do any other gun shop owners feel responsible when guns they sold murdered someone?

Again, no he's not responsible unless the would be terrorist failed a background check.

In his video he's clearly going to discrimate against a very large group of people and that is illegal.
edit on 22-7-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join