It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Protesters Interrupt Martin O'Malley/Bernie Sanders at Netroots Nation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The sentence after that is the only reply I have to give.

It's not because all lives don't matter, that's not what black lives matter means... the statement calls to the front that institutionally black lives don't matter so the statement that all lives matter can't be true until black lives matter.

t's not because all lives don't matter, that's not what black lives matter means... the statement calls to the front that institutionally black lives don't matter so the statement that all lives matter can't be true until black lives matter.

which is a bunch of BS word jumble gynamstics used to try and validate a blatantly racist movement........no seriously read that sentence again and see if that isnt a ridiculous statement

"racism is horrible, I have an idea lets start a movement that BLACK LIVES matter, and people arent allowed to say ALL LIVES matter , or they dont understand! Yeah promoting racism will fix racism!"

edit on 7/19/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I can dig that, as long as we aknowledge that all sides have some work to do in their own backyards. This isn't strictly a white people problem that only white people can fix. If being confrontational and disruptive is a viable tactic then you won't mind if some other races adopt a similar approach.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You didn't mention the factors of, how likely one over the other is going to be armed, how likely one over the other is going to be non-compliant, how likely one over the other is going to fit the profile the police are looking for in relation to recently committed crimes. There's too many individual factors in specific incidents to say with any certainty that the exact same scenario could ever occur where you could contrast the outcomes between one demographic and another. Allowing for the scenario you described to happen exactly as you described it, I would agree that disparate treatment among races is wrong and unjust, and should be addressed sooner rather than later.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well, you're entitled to your opinion but that is the truth, the glaring truth, that I see and regardless of whether people like it or not, think I'm/accuse me of being a race traitor or a race baiter... I will keep speaking it.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gigatronix

Nope it's not only a white problem but it seems to me black people are already doing the work.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Only a white problem huh?

Glad you made that clear before I wasted anymore time responding.

Good day.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What is most telling to me about the protests, aimed at Sanders and OMalley at Netroots, is irony that NO candidate, at this point can do anything but offer platitudes and hashtags.

Those that CAN do "something" right here and now, were brought into power TWICE (with the stunning unity of 96% of Black voters support). Obama and his Administration are apparently Teflon as no failure, omission, or blatant hypocrisy "sticks" to them.

The pretzel logic that #BlackLivesMatter* (*but NOT when Black on Black crime; and not in strictly "gun controlled Democratic urban areas;" and only when the C-in-C needs a news story diversion-> look over here "if I had a son, he'd look like...") is remarkable in its playing (again!) on those who FELL for "Hope and Change."

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Not surprised to see the BLM movement pressuring democrats too. In republican elected cities like Ferguson and N. Charleston, and dem elected cities like Baltimore and New York, policing for profit, targeted enforcement, disproportionate sentences, police militarization and brutality, stop and frisk.. Etc are serious problems.

Since I support their cause, I wish there was a different "slogan" because a certain part of our population get so inflamed over race issues. I created a thread on the issue if you care to dig it up.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gigatronix

I clearly said it nope, it's NOT only a white problem.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

I'll try to find it later, I shouldn't even be on here... I have a lot to do today (too many 5 minute ATS breaks). One thing I will say is that I like the slogan, I think it is the truth. How can all lives matter if black lives too frequently don't? Truth doesn't need to cater to those that are uncomfortable in it's presence.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Don't these old stuffy whiteys know that ONLY "black lives matter".

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

Perhaps the protestors don't see the problem they're bringing attention to as a "Democrat vs. Republican" one, as so many try to make it into.

Perhaps the Obama Adminstration with anything it tries to do regarding race relations is uniformly damned by the right-wing media as stirring "racial division"?

Perhaps many don't see the "failures, omissions and blatant hypocrisy" with the Administration that you do? (I know, it's stunning to face that people have different perceptions than you do, but we all have to do it. I myself am very clear on President Obama's failures as well as his successes.)

Perhaps you are over generalizing what you imagine the "Black Lives Matter" folks believe? Perhaps you are unaware of what this group of people believes or what actions they are taking to deal with Black on Black violence?

Perhaps you are more than a bit blinded by your own partisanship, even as you are damning others for the same thing?

/shrug Perhaps....

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There's never been any doubt in our culture that "white lives matter" not to put too fine an edge on it.

Watch the response of law enforcement virtually anywhere in the country for clear evidence of that fact.

Now, back to race-baiting and thinly-veiled racism!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
There's never been any doubt in our culture that "white lives matter" not to put too fine an edge on it.

Watch the response of law enforcement virtually anywhere in the country for clear evidence of that fact.

Guess that's why they had to apologize for saying white lives matter to the rude, loud, obnoxious, racist interrupter.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Guess that's why they had to apologize for saying white lives matter to the rude, loud, obnoxious, racist interrupter.

One on one personal interaction ... yeah, that proves that what you claimed is universally true!

You're an advocate for White people ... why do you have such a problem with those of other races advocating for their community?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Personally I think people should be advocating for the collective benefit of society as a whole, not just for a sliver of it. Do certain segments need more attention? Sure. But to correctly and thoroughly address these grievances, all people need to work together to make it fair for all people. Doing it for "my people" or " your people" or "those people" is not the way forward. .

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

O'Malley apologizes for saying 'all lives matter' at liberal conference

the hot seat

One would think you would be overjoyed that Democrats are not being politically correct.

Mr. O'Malley apologized because he realized that his comment, while generally accepted as true, in that context was taken as merely a witty rejoinder further devaluing the circumstances that lead to the Black Lives Matter movement, in the first place.

I'm sure that you see simple politeness as a character flaw, though.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I stand corrected, the wording was a little tricky to my sleep deprived brain.

I think white people are doing a fair share of work on the matter as well.

Clearly everyone could be doing more.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gigatronix
a reply to: Gryphon66

Personally I think people should be advocating for the collective benefit of society as a whole, not just for a sliver of it. Do certain segments need more attention? Sure. But to correctly and thoroughly address these grievances, all people need to work together to make it fair for all people. Doing it for "my people" or " your people" or "those people" is not the way forward. .

Sure, I believe in the great Family of Humankind as well. However, whether it's 13.2% of the population, or 3% or 0.005%, all Americans deserve the chance to speak up for their beliefs.

I fundamentally disagree with your proposition that somehow, someway, society would just spontaneously redress all wrongs because it's the right thing to do. History plainly teaches if it were not for minority groups working for the equality and equity for "their sex" or "their race" or "their orientation" many Americans would still be second-class citizens.

Sometimes, to do what's right, noise has to be made.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join