It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is magic?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I've looked online, I've read the wiki article...all I can find is a bunch of spells ( that I doubt work) and on wiki I found out about magic but not really what magic really is...is telepathy magic?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
I've looked online, I've read the wiki article...all I can find is a bunch of spells ( that I doubt work) and on wiki I found out about magic but not really what magic really is...is telepathy magic?

What is magic? Good question.

We see it in books & films and just go with it, not thinking what it really is. Basically it's saying some ancient spells and then stuff happens.
I think magic is something us humans forgot how to use many years ago. Taken from us somehow?

What it is I don't know. Telepathy is more like focus of the mind I think.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

I believe telepathy would be considered an ability, not so much magic, but it is indeed magical! If that makes sense! LOL!...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

I too believe we as a Species once had incredible powers of the senses and the world... Alas Long forgotten. By most that is!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

In the past, and today, a yearning for magical, magickal, or majical knowledge is usually preceded by an intense curiosity. There is much more information out there than a Wikipedia article; and let's face it, this is probably the worst source.

I suggest you find a community of magic practitioners in your area and learn from them. Then you can decide if magic is even something you believe in.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It all depends on your point of view. "Magic is just science we don't understand yet."Telepathy is an unexplained(as of yet) phenomena, but that doesn't mean there isn't an explanation for it, we just can't understand it yet. So yes, I'd say telepathy is "magic"

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Magick is the method in which a person creates a reality beyond the illusion.

Look into sacred geometry and mathematics, poems and meditation.

If your looking to create spells that work, there's a good start..oh and give yourself a few years to truly absorb the information before you take the task on, still interested ?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
No one can tell you what magic is, you have to see it for yourself.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Magic is the willing use of inferior spiritual sorcery of the fallen spirits and angels, specifically for "self-centered" purposes in place of the full power of the Holy Almighty God.

The use of power gained from the assistance or control of evil spirits especially for divining.

To summon by or as if by invocation or incantation.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

That is a very good question.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Right..because everyone who practices magick is self centred and only practices it for nefarious purposes..

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Right..because everyone who practices magick is self centred and only practices it for nefarious purposes..
]

Yes.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Does the answer start with "I want, I need, I desire".......?
edit on 18-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

No, simply trying to deny ignorance, as the motto states.

Aside from that, what would I want to accomplish ?

I'm not sure if you are asking why I want to perform magick ?
edit on 18-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

There was certainly a time when I used it for my own selfish desires, but I wasn't pushed there by practicing magick.

The reason I began practicing was to become something more, I wasn't satisfied with who I was and I was treated like s# for most of my life which lead to me seeking revenge.

That in turn lead me to some dark places however I was brought there by my own human weakness, magick is a tool no more, no less.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Basically, mind over matter.

If you don't mind, it won't matter.

But if you accept any explanation, then it no longer amounts to true "magic," and simply is what it is.

(Glad I could help on this troubling issue.)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'll tell you what magic is. Uric acid crystals that cause gout. They are magical because they are able to open a portal to the seventh level of hell. Then they drag a demon out, attach it to whatever joint in your body they feel like setting on fire that particular morning between 3-5 AM. That is magic. Black magic that is.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

]

Yes.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Does the answer start with "I want, I need, I desire".......?

And what is wrong with "I want, I need, I desire", as long as no one else is being harmed?
edit on 7/18/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I really like your statement, "if you don't mind, it won't matter"

That's sort of how I stopped being bothered by constant paranormal stuff, I had to put it in the back of my mind to be able to deal with this illusion we're living.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Magic is the willing use of inferior spiritual sorcery of the fallen spirits and angels, specifically for "self-centered" purposes in place of the full power of the Holy Almighty God.

The use of power gained from the assistance or control of evil spirits especially for divining.

To summon by or as if by invocation or incantation.

There is some basic truths but a skewed perspective here. I would reword it as:

"Magic is sometimes the willing use of spiritual sorcery of spirits and angels, specifically for growth purposes in place of the oppressive dogma of the current religious oligarchy.

The use of power gained from the assistance or control of spirits especially for divining.

To summon by or as if by invocation or incantation."

So... we aren't that far from each other's understanding. The difference is that I feel it is you who follows the dark path.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Cuervo because: Formatting...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Magic (not the trickery you see on stage)
is the manipulation of nature/natural forces, these forces usually being of an occult/esoteric nature.

Black magic is the use for selfish or otherwise negative intent

White magic is the use for un-selfish or positive intent

There is no white and black magic as such, the user is the deciding factor as to polarity of the force used.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join