It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and Responsibilties That Follow

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
How about the care of the people that are actually living and were not aborted? US veterans, street people, mentally ill, and the elderly with little money. Are these people cared for properly?

Caring for someone financially and time wise is a major undertaking and responsibility, and this is just one person. For at least 18 years, then college, unaborted children will need someone to support them. Is that someone you?

So if abortion is wrong are the people that strongly oppose it willing to give up 30 to 40% of their wages, and donated 20 hours a week to nurture, support, and care for children that are not aborted?

I'm sure the figures would be much higher, but that is a reasonable number.

Better yet to the strong advocates of abortion. Are you willing to take in perhaps 10 or 20 children that are not aborted? or give half or more of the money you make, and time to nurture these children?

People will stand moral high grounds until it comes down to finance and time, then they get all quiet and look the other way.

Personally I'm not saying abortion is right or wrong, but people that are against abortion what are you willing to give, or do to support your beliefs?

Peace out,

RT
edit on 8-7-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Great Point-of-View.

Do you have a link or information to the positive Scientific aspects??? (i.e.: stem-cell research?)
Like, i think we can make this positive too, "We" pay you for your baby(ies) for research?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

In my opinion, I think it's woman's reproductive health issue. Banning or making illegal abortions only drives it underground, where the black market is far more dangerous than legal practices following correct procedures.

If we look at Chile as example, if I'm not mistaken and I have the facts straight. Abortion is or at least was illegal in all forms. Some 10% of deaths relating to abortion revolved around black market drugs or unsafe conditions and back alley practices.

In my opinion, providing safety and a healthy environment for those who choose this route, is first their chose, and second a far better alternative to an illegal black market.

Making it illegal will not stop individuals from seeking an abortion. Providing a safe place and legal practice only makes sense.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Their rhetoric immediately falls silent once the issue of "what do we do with all these unwanted children" is brought up.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

In my opinion, I think it's woman's reproductive health issue. Banning or making illegal abortions only drives it underground, where the black market is far more dangerous than legal practices following correct procedures.

If we look at Chile as example, if I'm not mistaken and I have the facts straight. Abortion is or at least was illegal in all forms. Some 10% of deaths relating to abortion revolved around black market drugs or unsafe conditions and back alley practices.

In my opinion, providing safety and a healthy environment for those who choose this route, is first their chose, and second a far better alternative to an illegal black market.

Making it illegal will not stop individuals from seeking an abortion. Providing a safe place and legal practice only makes sense.

You'll get no argument from me on that form of logic.

People have the right to choose imo.

But those who are against abortion, are they willing to take an action step and take in children that are not aborted?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

What has always struck me odd, was that the same pro life people seem to like to cut welfare and food stamps, and other programs for the working poor with children, they also seem to be pro death penalty. Seems like an odd combo of beliefs.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I think most people who are against abortion are the same people ,who would get one secretly if they were raped or it was something they sincerely didnt want. Like every other female on this planet. They will never support their belief because it would be inconvenient for most.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Why do only those who are against abortion have to give? Why are you demanding that others pick up the slack for someone else's problem?

Why are you trying to justify murder?

This is the same thing as slavery, in my humble opinion.

You are condemning a human life to death based on another persons wishes. The unborn child has no rights. It's very life is at the whim of the mother.

Yet you demand that others take responsibility because she refuses to do so.

How is that fricking fair?

It places no responsibility on the actual person that should be responsible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dress it how ever youy like.

I consider it murder. State-sponsopred murder of an innocent life that has no rights.

Everyone here is always braying about the rights of gays, the rights of minorities, the rights of illegals.

But when it comes to an unborn child?

Kill it.

*bah*

Sometimes I'm truely sickened by the blatant disregard for human life.

And don't even try to equate war or the death penalty with the murder of innocent lives.

There is no comparison!

That's it.

Rant over.

Stay smug and safe behind your justifications for murder.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I would never abort a child that I had conceived, unless my life (and the child's) would be lost unless aborted. Then again, I'm not a complete retard and I practice safe sex.

That being said, I still support a woman's right to choose. And the OP does bring up a good point. What does a reasonable person do when a mother simply refuses to rear a child she was forced to bring to term? Sure, you can throw the woman in jail, you can fine her, you can drag her to court, you can do all sorts of things. But if someone doesn't want to raise a child, there is nothing you can do to FORCE that person to raise the child. What then happens to the child? Do they become just another ward of the state, destined to live a life of poverty with little prospects for the future?

The United States can't even properly take care of our homeless adults, much less raise and educated homeless and parentless children. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of children that need good homes right now that will likely never find one. Adoption rates are low, and on top of that, millions of kids spend their adolescence bouncing between foster homes. Foster homes that more often than not, care little for the children their raising and only care for the government cheese these young vagrants bring in by giving them a roof. Sure, there are good foster homes out there, but they're uncommon. Ask anyone who's gone through the Foster Home programs and 9 times out of 10 they'll give you some real horror stories.

So, what do we do with all these unwanted kids? It's fine to talk about how abortion is murder and we're all terrible murderers, but what concrete things can be done to help these children that you "save" by not aborting them?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I would never abort a child that I had conceived, unless my life (and the child's) would be lost unless aborted. Then again, I'm not a complete retard and I practice safe sex.

That being said, I still support a woman's right to choose.

So you'd never own a slave because you think slavery is wrong.

But you wouldn't stop another person from owning one because that is their right?

Justify murder all you want.

Personally? I'm getting ill just reading this nauseating tripe to justify murder.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I'm getting ill just reading this nauseating tripe to justify murder.

This is the culture of Death, and a great many are not only wrapped up in it, they support and celebrate it. I didn't want to participate in this thread, because of the disgust factor.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Slavery is deciding that another person is property.

Abortion is a woman choosing what she wants to do with her own damn body.

There's a HUGE difference there.

And to clarify, I disagree with late-term abortions.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Okay, yes. We understand. Abortion is murder, we're all heartless killers who deserve the death penalty.

Happy now?

Now answer the question of the OP instead of just proselytizing about how wrong it is.

What do you do with those unwanted children?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Slavery is deciding that another person is property.

Just like an unborn child.

Abortion is a woman choosing what she wants to do with her own damn body.

She is free to do whatever she wants to her own damned body. Just leave the other body alone!

There's a HUGE difference there.

Bullshirt.

And to clarify, I disagree with late-term abortions.

Here's a f###ing cookie.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The only people who advocate for abortion bans are the people who haven't considered the consequences of said bans. In fact that goes for anyone advocating a ban for anything. Bans are barbaric and old hat ways of enforcing compliance. In the 21st century we need to move onto more efficient means of getting people not to do things that society disapproves of. Making them WANT to comply versus forcing them is WORLDS more effective.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Talk all you want about how horrible a person I am. I don't care.

I just want you to answer the question the OP posed. What do we do with all these unwanted children?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

As you so elegantly put it...

This topic is vomitous.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I just want you to answer the question the OP posed. What do we do with all these unwanted children?

Why should it be my decision?

Just because someone doesn't want the responsibility, it automatically becomes MY RESPONSIBILITY?

Why not stop passing the damned buck and become responsible, endorse responsibility?

Is that too much to ask for?

I guess it is, becaause killing is so much easier.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Just because someone doesn't want the responsibility, it automatically becomes MY RESPONSIBILITY?

Why not stop passing the damned buck and become responsible, endorse responsibility?

Some people view abortion as the responsible thing to do considering their financial status and wellbeing. You decry people being irresponsible then advocate for taking their choices away.
edit on 8-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Some people view abortion as the responsible thing to do considering their financial status and wellbeing. You decry people being irresponsible then advocate for taking their choices away.

Justifying murder doesn't take away the fact that it's murder.

Paint a f###ing flower on it and call it art, it's still murder.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join