It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and why it's wrong

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

There's more thought in that single post of mine than you'll have in your whole life.

link   

originally posted by: Farlander
I believe abortion is wrong because it ends a human life before it starts.

If a sperm by itself or egg by itself is allowed to follow a natural progression on a timeline, nothing happens. The cell eventually dies.

If an egg fertilized by a sperm is allowed to follow a natural progression on a timeline, it becomes a person, full of hopes and dreams and abilities and aspirations, just like all of us.

Therefore, it is wrong to prevent this person from becoming a person before they are born for the same reason that it is wrong to prevent an infant from growing up into a full-fledged adult.

And if it is wrong to terminate ANY pregnancy, then it is wrong to terminate a pregnancy that has resulted from rape, since it is illogical to punish an unborn child for the sins of his/her father. Google "conceived in rape" for lists of outstanding humans who have contributed to society in countless ways, despite being the product of a man forcing himself on a woman.

But...all that being said, we cannot legislate the problem away.

If a woman is convinced that abortion is not wrong, then making it against the law will only force her to go underground and pursue illegitimate means of obtaining the abortion, thus increasing health risk to her.

So the problem, therefore, is NOT that it is LEGAL to have an abortion. The problem is that half of our society sees no problem with ending a human life before it starts.

And it's not as if pregnancy is some disease that just pops up out of nowhere suddenly and unexpectedly. The vast majority of abortions aren't pregnancies that have resulted from rape. They are the result of careless unprotected sex. If a woman does not want to get pregnant, she should not have sex, use multiple methods of birth control, or simply have the man ejaculate somewhere other than her vagina. It might sound like a joke, but hey...there are other holes on a woman that can't get pregnant.

'Pulling out' doesn't work. I am grateful for my daughter, but wasn't planning on a pregnancy at that time, I was using 3 types of birth control.
edit on 7-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The learned and the elite white people already know these truth.. Thats why they call deniers of truth useless eaters...
edit on 7-7-2015 by WatchingY0u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Can we close this Thread with your Posting please. Genius.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WatchingY0u

The learned and the elite white people already know these truth...

Well you obviously did not and my being an elite cracker was not the reason I knew that either.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Birth control began over 6000 years ago, that's how white people, yellow people and the lighter shade of brown peoples came into existence. The black man taught his doctors the method. He wanted to make a white person, so he went into the black man dna and found in the germ that it was two people a black and brown. So he seperated the two and made brown person. They killed the darker baby and saved the lighter baby for 600 years they repeated the method and made white people after 600. And he even past down wisdom to the white people on how to rule over the darker people. But that wisdom expired because We know now, a New World is emerging..

No one was 'going into' any DNA then. They weren't killing babies to 'make white people'. How do you have internet in your tree hut village in the amazon?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Farlander

OOOOOooooooo.lol

If that is all you can think up, then....whatever make you sleep at night Farlander.

Can't Kill what hasn't Been. (is that too deep for ya?)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Jeez geezer, way to go off topic on this one, these choices are moral decisions, you must live with your choices, but flags and abortion are totally different subjects, so not sure about the comparisons, my point with abortion is that we make it as safe as possible and we try not be too judgemental about those who have to make such a difficult moral choice.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Birth control began over 6000 years ago, that's how white people, yellow people and the lighter shade of brown peoples came into existence. The black man taught his doctors the method. He wanted to make a white person, so he went into the black man dna and found in the germ that it was two people a black and brown. So he seperated the two and made brown person. They killed the darker baby and saved the lighter baby for 600 years they repeated the method and made white people after 600. And he even past down wisdom to the white people on how to rule over the darker people. But that wisdom expired because We know now, a New World is emerging..

I'm not sure if this is racist or just insane. It may be both...

It's the story of Yakub, Nation of Islam creation myth for the white man.
en.wikipedia.org...

Yakub (sometimes spelled Yacub or Yakob) is, according to the Nation of Islam (NOI), a black scientist who lived "6,600 years ago" and was responsible for creating the white race to be a "race of devils". He is said to have done this through a form of selective breeding referred to as "grafting", while living on the island of Patmos.

The Nation of Islam theology claims that Yakub is the biblical Jacob. Mainstream Sunni and Shia Muslims do not have this belief, or anything similar to it. The story has caused disputes within the NOI during its history. Under its current leader Louis Farrakhan, the NOI continues to assert that the story of Yakub is true, stating that modern science is consistent with it.

Ok gotcha. Thanks for the information. So it IS a racist philosophy.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A baby is not a baby when first conceived. Also the woman would not be at fault either.

What about in terms of a mothers life being in danger? Should she lose her life for some cells that may or may not become a healthy baby.

You are not anti abortion my friend, you are anti-choice.

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TechUnique

Can you address the other questions people have?

I'll re ask mine.

How do you feel about those that have been raped and when does life start in your mind?

I think if a woman has been raped and becomes pregnant then that is not the babies fault. The baby/future person shouldn't die because of it in other words.

I think life starts as soon as the baby is conceived.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: beezzer
Jeez geezer, way to go off topic on this one, these choices are moral decisions, you must live with your choices, but flags and abortion are totally different subjects, so not sure about the comparisons, my point with abortion is that we make it as safe as possible and we try not be too judgemental about those who have to make such a difficult moral choice.

Murder should never be an easy choice to make.

And with that, I'll leave. Nothing is ever settled with these threads, I know from experience.

Just wanted to give the OP some support. At least to let him know that he's not alone with his stance.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The discussion of when a life becomes a person needs to happen.
Bacteria is life, but we have no problem destroying mass amounts of that daily..its encouraged.
of course killing a single living person is illegal.

This is relevant to the most important part of abortion discussions.
I dont see replicating mass as a person, not until there is actual thoughts. what seperates us from bacteria is thoughts and experiences.

So, potential for a person? sure..but in that aspect, every sperm is sacred as it has the potential to be, etc.

I dont believe therefore, using science as a guide, that early abortion is killing a person, it is simply stopping a process that could lead to a person if left unhindered.

Around the 3-5 month mark however, then a nervous system is created and brains start functioning, this is when you can flip the switch from replicating mass to a person indeed.

edit on 7-7-2015 by SaturnFX because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

With this statement I fully agree.
I once made some church people mad when they asked for my opinion on abortion.
I simply stated my personal disapproval of it; but as an American citizen I did not feel I have the right to deprive anyone else of the freedom to make their own personal decissions for themselves.
I have always believed that no one man is truely free until all men are free. This includes the freedom to make their own mistakes.
The pastor then felt it was time to change the subject.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: woodwardjnr

With this statement I fully agree.
I once made some church people mad when they asked for my opinion on abortion.
I simply stated my personal disapproval of it; but as an American citizen I did not feel I have the right to deprive anyone else of the freedom to make their own personal decissions for themselves.
I have always believed that no one man is truely free until all men are free. This includes the freedom to make their own mistakes.
The pastor then felt it was time to change the subject.

Now you sound like a real Christian...maybe TechUnique will catch on...
edit on th58Tue, 07 Jul 2015 14:58:34 -0500K201573431pm7 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Farlander

And it's not as if pregnancy is some disease that just pops up out of nowhere suddenly and unexpectedly. The vast majority of abortions aren't pregnancies that have resulted from rape. They are the result of careless unprotected sex. If a woman does not want to get pregnant, she should not have sex, use multiple methods of birth control, or simply have the man ejaculate somewhere other than her vagina. It might sound like a joke, but hey...there are other holes on a woman that can't get pregnant.

Ya, because it's always the woman's fault and the men don't have to take any responsibility....

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
a reply to: Klassified

Can we close this Thread with your Posting please. Genius.

Lol. Wish it were that easy. It just seems like it should be common sense.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Instead of discussing whether or not abortion is murder, how about discussing ways to actually REDUCE abortion rates? Making abortion illegal doesn't accomplish this, plus it punishes women's reproductive rights with an insensitive ruling. Women just get abortions anyways when it is illegal.

This whole debate is framed incorrectly because one side of the argument is also opposed to birth control (one of the best ways to reduce abortion rates). If we'd promote birth control and proper safe-sex education (instead of crappy and ineffective abstinence only education), I'd bet that people from both sides of the political aisles would be MUCH happier.
edit on 7-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

First off, abortions have existed throughout human history, clear back into ancient times.

Secondly, the abortion rate has been steadily declining for the last 30+ years.

Lastly, the largest group of women who have abortions are mothers. See this study. They found that 61% of women having abortions already had a child and 34% had two or more children.

edit on 2015-7-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I dont see replicating mass as a person, not until there is actual thoughts. what seperates us from bacteria is thoughts and experiences.

A dangerous definition, because it opens up other options;
"He/she is in a coma? Struck down with incurable Alzheimer's? Mentally handicapped?
They don't really think, so they don't count as persons. We can eliminate them".
I have always thought that this can be expected as the next stage.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I'm actually a male not a female..

All the more reason why you have no business editorializing on the subject of childbirth and/or its alternatives. But of course that's not really important to the viability of your youtube channel, is it? Nothing of worth to see here, folks.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join