It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and why it's wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Me thinks someone is trying to launch their Youtube career.

I get the same impression.

ATS seems to be becoming just another place people can post their Youtube videos to get hits to their site.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Then why the sudden pimping on especially inflammatory subjects?

I smell a poor attempt at a publicity stunt.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Considering the amount of humans already on this planet, and the fact we are pushing the animal world into extinction, is abortion such a bad idea? I mean, if someone doesn't want to have kids, then she should have one just because she got pregnant by accident?

Does everyone seriously think about the consequences of having a child? I see a lot of people getting stuck in their dreams and goals because they have kids... Well NO THANKS for me!

P.S childbirth is not a miracle. And if it is a miracle, then this miracle is spreading like wildfire!

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

A whim?

Must be nice to criticize something you never had to do. You don't know why these women do it, and to say it is just a whim says alot of the ignorance of the subject.

You may be at least partially right.

That doesn't change the fact that thousands of potential lives are snuffed out everyday.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t You are right. It is a difficult situation and if not just due to the contribution on the man's part, it is psychologically healthy for both to be involved.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Then why the sudden pimping on especially inflammatory subjects?

I smell a poor attempt at a publicity stunt.

Because I am a devout Christian who believes strongly in what I make videos about. Go figure.

link   

What's your solution? Making it illegal will only make abortion dangerous. Liberals and conservatives need to get on the same page with a solution but they butt heads over how to solve it.

- Both sides agree that abortion isn't a pleasant thing.
- Conservatives want it to be illegal.
- Liberals understand that making it illegal will only make abortion a dangerous procedure.
- Liberals say to support the mothers so they will be less likely to want an abortion.
- Conservatives don't like anything that has to do with "hand outs", even if it may prevent abortions.

It's a conundrum. I am confident that providing a safety net for pregnant women to allow them confidence in being able to provide for a child or even a way to fast-track an adoption and being compensated for it will save far more unborn infants than making abortion illegal.

Conservatives almost take a deadbeat dad role in saying you MUST have this baby and no, we aren't going to help you with it. You can't have it both ways.

link   

originally posted by: caladonea

What if a woman is raped by her own father and becomes pregnant as a result? Would do you think she should do?

I'm gonna troll here and say that YES, carry the baby to term bc that is the OPs christian way to things she "understands"

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: grimpachi

Me thinks someone is trying to launch their Youtube career.

I get the same impression.

ATS seems to be becoming just another place people can post their Youtube videos to get hits to their site.

As I said I get plenty of hits anyway?

Give it a rest. I'm contributing to the site. This site runs on user contributions.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

What if a woman is raped by her own father and becomes pregnant as a result? Would do you think she should do?

I'm gonna troll here and say that YES, carry the baby to term bc that is the OPs christian way to things she "understands"

I'm actually a male not a female..

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Can you address the other questions people have?

I'll re ask mine.

How do you feel about those that have been raped and when does life start in your mind?

I know right? its like she is picking and choosing.....YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!! YOU HAVE TO CARRY IT TO TERM!ANSWER EVERYONE!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: krosnos
I agree it is wrong but I will never attempt to dictate what another does with their own body.

They alone suffer the consequences for their actions.

This is where you are wrong. The baby has its own body, the baby also suffers the consequences of the mothers actions. (I use the term mother very loosely)
This would depend on your definition of baby, I would call that a zygote or a collection of cells.

You can use the term as loosely as you want, the statement still comes off as arrogant at the very least.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

What would you suggest to a woman who has an illness that means carrying a baby to full term could kill her? Or perhaps a woman who is sexually assaulted and consequently is pregnant?

My point is that in some cases a woman may feel she has no choice, with emphasis being added to the word choice.

Who are you to judge?

(post by SirKonstantin removed for a manners violation)

link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: TechUnique I appreciate that, but it is both unwelcome and unnecessary for you to worry about my soul.

I'm sorry for caring.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
I can respect your position and what you're trying to accomplish with this thread, but it is a pointless fight.

If my video serves the purpose of saving just one babies life then it is 1000000000x worth the half a day I spent making it.

If it doesn't then at least I tried.

If your goal is to save lives, then you would be better off to advocate for birth control or prevention, rather than anti-abortion. The abortion issue is too political and there is no real way to stop them from taking place.

link   

Scientists Speak before the Senate: Human Life Begins at Conception
Posted on September 10, 2012 by Tech
In 1981 (April 23-24) a Senate Judiciary Subcommittee held hearings on the very question before us here: When does human life begin? Appearing to speak on behalf of the scientific community was a group of internationally-known geneticists and biologists who had the same story to tell, namely, that human life begins at conception – and they told their story with a complete absence of opposing testimony. (Subcommittee on Separation of Powers to Senate Judiciary Committee S-158, Report, 97th Congress, 1st Session, 1981):

*** Dr. Micheline M. Mathews-Roth, Harvard medical School, gave confirming testimony, supported by references from over 20 embryology and other medical textbooks that human life began at conception.

“It is incorrect to say that biological data cannot be decisive…It is scientifically correct to say that an individual human life begins at conception.”

***”Father of Modern Genetics” Dr. Jerome Lejeune told the lawmakers:

“To accept the fact that after fertilization has taken place a new human has come into being is no longer a matter of taste or opinion…it is plain experimental evidence. Each individual has a very neat beginning, at conception.”

*** Dr. McCarthy de Mere, medical doctor and law professor, University of Tennessee, testified:

“The exact moment of the beginning of personhood and of the human body is at the moment of conception.”

*** Dr. Alfred Bongiovanni, Professor of Pediatrics and Obstetrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, concluded,

“I am no more prepared to say that these early stages represent an incomplete human being than I would be to say that the child prior to the dramatic effects of puberty … is not a human being….I have learned from my earliest medical education that human life begins at the time of conception.”

***Dr. Richard V. Jaynes:

“To say that the beginning of human life cannot be determined scientifically is utterly ridiculous.”

read more testimonials at

clinicquotes.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
Considering the amount of humans already on this planet, and the fact we are pushing the animal world into extinction, is abortion such a bad idea? I mean, if someone doesn't want to have kids, then she should have one just because she got pregnant by accident?

Does everyone seriously think about the consequences of having a child? I see a lot of people getting stuck in their dreams and goals because they have kids... Well NO THANKS for me!

P.S childbirth is not a miracle. And if it is a miracle, then this miracle is spreading like wildfire!

Could Not make a Statement any Better than this!!!! ( I tried...lol...just read my posts.lol)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

I'm actually a male not a female..

So...what is your answer to my questions? Please speak for yourself on what I have asked you...thanks.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I'm personally against abortion simply because the rights of the unborn child are being ignored or placed secondarily over the rights of the mother.

Basically, her rights to abort are infringing on the rights of the unborn child.

But that's just me.

I agree wholeheartedly. Thanks for contributing.

I applaud your courage of starting a thread like this here. Be ready to be assailed.

SnF and a healthy respect for your opinion.

Cheers

I'm ready

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join