It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So which creation myth do you want taught in UK schools science classes?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ah I'm disappointed that some of the more rabid Christian member of ATS have not shared their thoughts here.
Perhaps it's just a timezone thing waiting for America to get online.

I want to learn why the Christian creation myth is anymore valid than the Sumerian or Greek version.
I shall just assume they are equally invalid and bull# until someone tells me different.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

It is not the validity of any of them which is the crucial issue here. Religion is religion. Science is science. Religion and science, both of which happen to be important to me, have little to nothing to do with one another, and one should not be taught in place of, nor influence the teaching of the other.

Science should not be taught as if it were religion, and religion should not be taught as part of a scientific education. They are separate things, and do not belong in the same class room.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I agree completely.
I only started the thread because (in the other thread) a load of Christians were making out their 'truth' was more 'true' than others regarding 'creation'.
I wanted to move away from the 'creation' versus 'science' debate and get closer to the 'creation story' versus the 'creation story' debate.

...I note the rabid ATS Christians have avoided this topic.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
No Christians from the US who wish to explain why your creation myth is anymore believable than the Sumerian, Norse or Hopi versions then???
I'm disappointed.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
What do you have against Polynesians?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Wahnui, the guardian of the yam.
How could I forget such an important part of world folklore?!
I hold all myths as equal in their inability to be proven in any way or form.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Where are the rabid US Christians?
I've stayed up late for you so I know you are awake, just maybe my thread does not excite you?
You are all quick to argue against science so why are y'all so seemingly reluctant to argue against creation myths of other religions?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think no explanation should be taught at all, at least until students are old enough to understand what a "theory" really means.

In the end nobody really knows much about how these talking apes came into being...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Where are the rabid US Christians?
I've stayed up late for you so I know you are awake, just maybe my thread does not excite you?
You are all quick to argue against science so why are y'all so seemingly reluctant to argue against creation myths of other religions?

Are you up watching the Canada vs England game? My eyes are giving up on me but I can't leave those ladies just yet!

The religious will turn up, I'm sure. I think they're pouring over their bibles writing down scriptures to quote...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Fer1527

True, but if you want to fill the gaps in knowledge the question remains, which creation myth do you choose, and why?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 321Go

Yeah, I've got it on in the background, and I'll admit I'm not watching it for their technical skills.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
...any rabid Christians wanna argue the various conflicting creation myths from around the world?
There are many.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of USA goalkeeper, Hope Solo!

I'm taking the game to the bedroom TV on mute. No computer up there so good luck on brining in those with faith.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Personally I support creation, due to personal experiences that have led me to doubt the established evolutionary theory. I choose not to believe any pre established religious explanations either, as I prefer to base myself on real knowledge, and the same experiences that have led me to doubt darwinistic views, have also led me away from traditional theological explanations.

I think both sides have valid points and a bit of truth to them, but neither are completely correct or false. With that said I think it may still be too soon to ask the question... let alone come up with answers.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
No one wants to argue because, when you boil it down, it is much more of a cultural issue then a truth issue.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Fer1527

So you have no more evidence to support your faith than those who believe in Wahnui, the guardian of the yam, or Hindu's who believe in hiranyagarbha the golden egg?
Do you realise how ridiculous that appears to those who have no faith?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Syyth007

Just a load of bull# then?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Yah, but which of the three makes the most sense nowadays?

Alien seeding/farming or whatever is no more or less provable than the Christian Genesis story.

Like Sherlock Holmes said, eliminate the improbable and what you're left with, no matter how improbable…

If theres billions of galaxies filled with billions of stars, then its improbable that "god" made us first, you think? So life already existed somewhere else before…

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

All of them are guesses with no evidence to support them..
What is your point?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I have no faith. Everything I believe in, if you may call it that, is based on things I have experienced and how I interpret those things. Faith implies a sort of blind belief in something you don't quite understand. Me if I don't understand something I try to understand it. So I do have more evidence, at least I base my beliefs off my own experience and not old mystical books.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join