It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First school in nation to offer LGBT Studies Course --- why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
JAK

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

First school in nation to offer LGBT Studies Course --- why?

Have you tried contacting them yet and asking?
edit on 23/6/15 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

28%?

You know what? I said a few years back that there is something going into certain foods and drink to turn people 'gay'. After seeing these stats... I stick by that.

It's a shame whoever it is is doing this to youngsters too... they should be hung out to dry.

It's pretty disgusting actually that this even considered a school topic!

If you are 'gay'... you should get yourself seen by a Psychiatrist and see whether there is anything which can be done... But no, you say there is no 'mental health' issue?? yes there is.... so stop denying it and go get yourself checked out.

If 'exhibishionism' is a form of 'Mental Health' then so is 'gayism'... there's no doubt about it. If you think kissing and having sex with someone who is the same as you is 'Normal'.... then you do have a problem.

Good luck with this one buddy! I say this in all of these threads and just get bashed for my views....Nobody is born that way and the people who believe this are wrong....Things in life can sway someones decisions, their choices that lead up to the choice, but you don't come out gay...I will say IMO to make the mods happy....But that is me speaking truth.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Here's a crazy idea--how about getting back to teaching silly stuff like math in school?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Here's a crazy idea--how about getting back to teaching silly stuff like math in school?

Come on now....You know LBGT is more important than Math! Duh....

The history, terminology, advice....This can change your life, in more ways than one!

Why does it seem like we keep traveling down the road in a zig zag pattern as the human species?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm not scared of "people who are different than me". I'm scared of people who's hormones are being chemically manipulated, who's minds are being hijacked and coopted, and who's existence serves a very specific purpose for TPTB.

Is it really that difficult to see how these people are just pawns in a bigger game? As I said, they serve a specific purpose.

As society grows increasingly stratified in the top-down sense, we'll also see lateral stratification. That is, controlled dissonance among the lower 2/3s of society. Conflict and debate takes place within pre-planned axioms, and societal organization starts to make less and less logical sense and seems increasingly contrived/artificial.

We will start to see very neat catagorization among the various social groups- petty squabbling factions like LGBT, skinheads, conservatives, environmentalists etc. These groups are all pre-manufactured and subtly introduced through different media avenues. None of these is in any way "grassroots". Just like every time a divisive current event happens, most people's opinions and arguments are already pre-packaged. No one thinks for themselves. Opinions, social groupings, current events- all pre-packaged for our consumption.

Straight males are the most dangerous impediment to this system, because we are the most naturally rebellious, inquisitive, and mistrustful of power structures. Start pumping us full of estrogen and propaganda, and that goes away. That is what is happening right now.
edit on 23-6-2015 by Drest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: macenroe82
a reply to: wasaka

> What is the Q in LGBTQ ???

Queer... i think

Actually, I think it means "gender queer"
but knowing that does little to clear
up my confusion.

Who exactly is "gender queer" and why
does this distinction need to be made?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Evidently, it's not just in this country either.

Italian Families Protest Forced Cross-Dressing of Schoolchildren

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
28% of this school's children identify as LGBTQ. Wow! (And some people still think there is "nothing in the water"?)

But, then again, this IS San Francisco. But, do we really and truly need to offer a course of study for this?

This just sounds like more reason to divide us, make people feel different, or maybe there is a deeper reason. Your thoughts.

LGBT Studies Course At San Francisco High School May Be 1st In Nation

Why not? First, there are already LBGT courses at the college level. They are referred to at times as "Queer Studies."

There is nothing wrong with it, unless you of course believe that LGBT is wrong inherently.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well if it wasn't enough to piss people off that there is a course now....How about this from your link:

In the northern Italian city of Trieste, parents are in uproar over a taxpayer-funded elementary school program that includes dressing little boys as girls and girls as boys to overcome so-called “gender stereotypes.” Schools are calling the exercise “the game of respect,” which purportedly adopts many guidelines from the European standards on sex education, attributed to the World Health Organization.

WOW, I would be one pissed of MOFO if this happened in my children's school! Oh, I would be a mushroom cloud laying mother ucker mother ucker.....Everytime my kids have to wear clothes of the opposite sex, I'm superfly TNT, the guns of the navarone! (a little pulp fiction I just laid on ya there...Jewels)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: macenroe82
a reply to: ketsuko

Lol i was gonna say something pretty damn similar.
The college in my city loves to make up BS courses that have zero merit in a workforce.
Then these buffoons that get suckered into the course will moan about their student loan debt while working at a minimum wage job.
I blame the colleges first for even making those types of courses. Nothing but a money grab

The point of college is not purely economic and job-orientated. Going back to classical education it was also to teach philosophy, music, art, literature, critical thinking, etc..

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
"First school in nation to offer LGBT Studies Course --- why?"

To educate kids on the ignorance that the gay community had to put up with from their parents and grandparents? I mean it goes beyond watching Milk.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You mean like Brokeback mountain type stuff?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

To educate kids on the ignorance that the gay community had to put up with from their parents and grandparents? I mean it goes beyond watching Milk.

A whole course of study, uh? Ridiculous. A couple of days of that "discussion" in a health class would be way more than enough.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

If they did that ... people might learn sumthin'.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

You seem more interested in the sex act than in rights, persecution and the like. So...no.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

A whole course of study, uh? Ridiculous. A couple of days of that "discussion" in a health class would be way more than enough.

Or no talk....That's enough also...How it was when I went to school

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

You seem more interested in the sex act than in rights, persecution and the like. So...no.

I'm more into the not teaching kids it's okay type stuff....So yeah

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm not sending my kid there! They might turn out LGBT! *sarcarsm*

So what if they did? They're still a human being, my child and I would love them anyway.

Just because something isn't for you doesn't mean it isn't for someone else. No one has the moral authority to tell another person who they can love or be attracted to. No one.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Yes. People that would like to sweep these people and their rights away would like it to be done as quickly as possible, if not avoid it altogether. Equality but only if it's the equality that one prefers. That's not impressive.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yet you are okay with your child in a class talking about this type of stuff being okay? What if your child wasn't LBGT before going into this class, then when the class was over made up their mind? Nevermind, if you are answering this question honestly I don't need you to reply because I know the answer already....But my guess is you don't have children if you are okay with this type of class being offered in the first place.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join