It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think ailens look like

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I believe that if in fact aliens do exist, that they exist in the form of pure energy, that is, they may not necessarily be tangible. This would allow them to travel interdimensionally. In order for them to comprehend the universe, they must be able to access an energy-based universal consciousness that we and all other life forms have experienced in varying degrees.

To further elaborate on the concept of universal consciousness, the subject of synchronicity, as introduced by the late Carl Jung, is one of the foremost examples that comes to mind that equates closely to universal consciousness.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JHAustin

Originally posted by Phimes
They rolled a huge flat black metallic ball at me and when the ball reached me....poof....no more memory of them.

Hello Phimes,

How can you describe them if you have no memory of them?

Not trying to flame you, I am just curious as to how you got your memory of them back.

Thank you
JHAustin

LOL...what I meant, and It didn't come out right was, when the ball reached me, I seemed to black out. The next thing I remember was looking at the ceiling and seeing strange things there.

Phimes

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Why are so many of you convinced that aliens have to look somewhat human?

If aliens do exist, they most likely will look absolutely nothing like us. If we do find another bipedal being with intelligence and sentience from another planet, then it would be an absolute miracle because I am almost 99.99999% sure that any alien species we come into contact with will look nothing like us.

My guess about what aliens will look like is that they will look like monsters to us. For all I know they could be nothing more than a blob of oranic material or they could be a jellyfish type creature or they could look like a coke can. No one has any idea what aliens really do look like and they probably look like nothing we have ever seen or imagined.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You're forgeting about what's called 'convergent evolution'... basically, two species can evolved into forms that resemble each other if they fill the same sort of niche in the same environment.

For instance, the shark and dolphin have very similar profiles, though they are only distantly related (the ancestors of the dolphin were originally four-legged land animals, even)... but because they are both aquatic hunters they've developed streamlined, torpedo like bodies. Though their appearances are similar, they have very different metabolisms.. and sensory/neurological systems. In the past, casual observors (sailors, beach goers, etc.) thought of dolphins AS sharks, the two look so similar...

So, it's not to hard to assume that the humanoid form wouldn't evolved all over again on another planet, if the same niche + environment existed there. And.. there's always the theory that you don't believe in (judging by the other post)... that aliens found prehistoric humans and tinkered with them until they were more like them in appearance.

And, as for what people think they look like... most people here are basing their opinions on what others have seen. Many people, over many decades, have seen humanoid aliens (either emerging from ships or during abductions).

Jim

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I reckon they'll look exactly like us.

I reckon they'll have the technology to be able to do that.

It would seem logical that they would want to avoid a harmful culture shock unless they are hostile.

[Edited on 27-6-2003 by Leveller]

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Poster posted in wrong thread.

[Edited on 27-6-2003 by cassini]

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Huh...

Oh, I think your post was supposed to go in the 'breastfeeding' thread... I thought you had a link to Zeta Reticulan playboy

As for my previous post, I reckon my english was bad because I was posting at work while trying to chase down a bird that was loose inside..

But, as for Leveller's comment about changing forms, there have been a few abduction/CE3 reports where people report that an alien changed from a 'grey' form to a 'nordic' one before their eyes.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Well they could look like us but they would have to have evolved in the EXACT same environment as the earth. The probability of that happening is about 0.

The more likely scenairo is that the intelligent beings will look like nothing we have ever seen before because I'm going to assume that their planet is probably going to be nothing like ours (atmosphere composition, pressure, gravity, etc.).

The problem is that you are looking at evolution from a human point of view and this is something that you absolutely cannot do because what happend here on earth applies ONLY to Earth and it does not apply anywhere else.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
As for the aliens seeding our planet, that's even more ridiculous than most religious claims. If someone suggested that to me in person I would call them a #ing dumbass to their face and then laugh at them.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Well you`d have to call quite alot of us dumbass then. I don`t see the problems with it myself, there may not be a great deal of evidence for it, yet in speculative theory it can make a lot of sense. I`m not advocating it outright but it makes more sense than you give it.

www.nexusmagazine.com...

www.nexusmagazine.com...

"If aliens do exist, they most likely will look absolutely nothing like us"

I have seen convincing articles recently suggesting that the bipedal form is the most likely we would come across. The chance is many will not look anything like us to the point where we may not recognize them as life forms at all, however, this is no reason to throw the bipedal form out the window.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The all seing eye
Say what u think aliens look like!
eg:
blue pink spots.
yellow big heads.

HAHAHAHA!!
LMAO

No seriously now, they could just be you and me. Think about it, we have a new species shows up out of the middle of no where, and is some how more advanced than the current intelligence that is coexisting.

Seem almost too simple though...

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, think about it another way.
Put yourself in the alien's shoes.

If you were the first Earth astronaut to meet another race (less developed than man) on their planet, how would you want to look like to them?

If you had the technology wouldn't you study them before contact? Find out the safest means of establishing contact?
Then when it came time to meet them wouldn't you do everything you could so as not to frighten them?

Frighten them and they could do harm to themselves or to you.

I believe that aliens could look nothing like us in reality. But to our eyes they will choose to look as close to man as they can.

We have already used that system in dealing with our own species. White men would dress in robes to alleviate the fears of their Arabic hosts. They try to fit in to appear less threatening.

It's what I would do.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well Im think the same as Advisor on this one: Aliens/Greys etc, look just like you and me, they could even be our "Doppelganger's"

abovetopsecret.com...

blackwidow

[Edited on 27-6-2003 by blackwidow666]

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
In reply to Vander,
Just as the shark and dolphin have evolved torpedo-like forms with flippers and fins in (basically) the same places along their bodies, Greys and humans may both have developed bipedalism, manual dexterity, and a host of other things because they evolved in similar environments. Now, greys and humans aren't exactly alike... and there's probably as much 'external' difference between us and them as between dolphins and sharks. So far as 'nordics' go, I agree with Leveller's idea. If these aliens appear 'human', in every way imaginable, they may very well be in disguise.

And, as for aliens having to look nothing like us, a belief in greys, nordics, or reptilians does not exclude the possibility that some 'blob' alien exists somewhere, out there... it just means that the aliens we've seen and identified so far are, mostly, of the types mentioned above. If you look through the UFO/CE3 accounts that have been compiled over the years, you will mostly see variations of the greys, but there have been other types mentioned. For instance, fishermen in Pascalouga (spelling?) Mississippi reported being abducted by tall aliens with claws and 'antennae' or tubes coming out of their heads.

Would you be happy if people saw aliens with tentacles? Wouldn't that, though, be in imitation of the Octopi? If you want something TOTALLY different from anything seen on earth, you'd have to insist that ONLY Earth has carbon-based lifeforms that live on oxygen.

And, as for 'seeding', I guess I'm a laughable dumbass. Still, I wonder, if, today, you were told by the government that aliens DID help us along during history/evolution, would you totally freak-out? If so, you're the reason why we haven't heard as much.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
I have dreams, memories, recollections that make no sense, that simply don't fit into anything I have 'consciously' experienced in my life. Places and beings that suggest not everything is seen or known...or remembered...in this world.
[Edited on 9-6-2003 by alien]

I know what you mean, but I never linked these memories/thoughts with an abduction before.....
I kind of think of them as seeing bit's of past lives or something like that, but I don't expect to find out for sure anytime soon.

It's obvious that if there are any aliens, there's more than one species, so logically aliens could look like anything. Hey, Aliens are probably far more advanced than us, they might have no use for a "look", just a.......i dunno, lets say spirit. I think a lot of ghost activity could be atrributed to aliens in that sense

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am relatively certain that the vast majority look like you or I and there is very little if any discernable difference. This is why they pass freely among us.

tut tut

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Well it veries
Big head compaird to body
gray skined
big black eyes
3.5-6 feet tall

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shiloh
Well it veries
Big head compaird to body
gray skined
big black eyes
3.5-6 feet tall

The only variation there is height. Do you think all aliens look like that, or just "greys"

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
shiloh should know.

S/he is a human/grey crossbreed. I'm doing the geneaological research on the grey side when I get my deposit.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
shiloh should know.

S/he is a human/grey crossbreed. I'm doing the geneaological research on the grey side when I get my deposit.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ohhhhhh yeah, the crossbreed.......well, I'll say no more...........

<< 1    3 >>

join