It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanishing houses and time slips

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Thanks karl 12, I missed this episode when it came out!

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hi there, just a quick one to say thanks for sharing your investigation PDF, I have read most of it and it was an enjoyable read! A very concise explanation with lots of interesting detail. It certainly got me thinking about "ghost" this and that's again (I like the Hope Valley ghost plane stories). Certainly would be interesting to try and see this vanishing house, so here's hoping that someone has that "4th level" of experience and 'enter' the boundaries if they see it again!

I also found it interesting that the energy line runs right through or near the Grove (at the very least, it's cool that it curves to pass through Rougham near this site). I'm near "Sinodun Castle", a crossing point of the lines and have "Grove" in my name so added intrigue and points for that
I wonder if those electricity pylons have any effect on drawing up the earth energies? And also why Kingshall road is named such, makes you wonder!

Anyway the document was interesting, it spurred me to watch some other videos about vanishing stuff, time slips and energy lines. The other reported phenomena is also interesting. I was thinking about any links it might have to anything round here, or personal experiences, it does remind me of a couple - without boring you with details I guess where I am (on the energy lines) there are certainly a few myths and UFO sightings round here, but nothing that feels directly connected or familiar to the Rougham mystery.

I don't tend to follow up when people claim cars disappear because there's fairly simple explanations for that, but a house is interesting. I wonder if some of the earliest witnesses of that Rougham mirage knew of earth energies (somewhere it's stated that our connection with them has dwindled over time, perhaps in 1912 they were more known about) and for that reason makes me wonder if Mrs Teacher and Student perhaps devised a myth knowing a bit about local energy line folklore. But I can't back that skepticism up

So this and the general time slip phenomena is certainly interesting! I don't think I've ever experienced that myself... Possibly a ghost plane but probably not - I was in the garden one starry night when a twin or quad prop plane (of old sound) could be heard approaching, I looked all around for it but couldn't see it, just stars, and it went directly over me and at a low altitude, much as planes had done around here back in the 90's when the local RAF base flew Queens Flight. But I saw nothing, no lights, no dark object blotting out stars as the sound went over. My immediate thought was, "this plane sounds old, how the heck are they flying/navigating with no lights?" - but there's probably a way for planes to do that, even old restored ones?? I think moreso that they should have had navigation/collision lights on especially if flying that low in pitch black (other than moon and stars) in the year 2004/5... At the very least, that experience has always kept me open to ghost planes and possible "time slip" incidents (but typically of the past encroaching on the present rather than the present encroaching on the past), but I guess which way round is irrelevant

No, this is not a thread about ghost planes
but after your document it certainly seems phenomena like that would be related to ghost/mirage houses. I can't just say it doesn't exist because I haven't experienced it, but nor can I say I'm totally convinced just because of a few wild stories here and there, which ultimately, have had many many years to stew and perhaps be embellished or revamped for whatever reason, skewing the truth somewhat. I thought what was written was well presented and clear, but there was one part where you seemed to take a fairly outlandish witness testimony (one of the other investigators "other phenomena in the area" stories) at face value, but that was one paragraph in the whole document, the rest seemed like legitimate investigation

In another thread elsewhere today, someone posted this video, and it made me wonder, if this "phenomena" could perhaps be related to the vortex's mentioned in your document, or the vortex experienced by those pilots who flew through a "time tunnel", or simply just some connection to the bending of time and space. But then again, it's probably just swamp gas in the video

Whilst I typically have no problem with the thought of time slips, I guess the inconsistencies in these encounters across the world does keep me puzzled. For example, the fact that some people can interact, others cannot - that some are interacted with and others ignored. When someone shines a torch in your face, you're always going to get a bright light in your face, it's not like on the second time they do it, it's on but nothing is happening to your face. In the same way I'd expect time slips to make their mind up, either they can be interacted with or they can't, not this "maybe you can, maybe you can't" vibe. You'd think 100+ years of various timeslip experiences would have a bit more....substance? Or just a better answer? Something like that...
Whilst there may be consistency in say one particular case (Rougham) there is just a bit of a lack of consistency when you look at the big picture, IMO. Unlike UFO sightings which, just about every other one can be related down to the finest detail to another (which IMO opinion helps to validate a suggested phenomena).

Blabbering on. I guess I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading, thanks for sharing, and I hope there are more sightings of this strange house in the future (or the past, as it may be). It's a mystery I'll be keeping an open ear on
S&F

edit on 17-5-2015 by markymint because: spelling

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Cool spooky thread and all, but weird stuff has been happening for a while the only thing its been doing for me personally is just giving me more headaches then usual, literally. But that vid of the cloud, that just reminded me of popcorn. S@F anyways.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlGrove

Thank you very much for this (so far) interesting and pleasant read. Have you thought of sending a copy to the Fortean Times? They probably would love to publish an excerpt or an article based on this.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Thanks for the very interesting post. I took the view that any of the stories I came across during this investigation, would be worth a mention, leaving it to the readers to make their own decisions about them. You raise a valuable point, that compared with UFOs, time slips are less consistent. Actually, I'm not so sure. UFOs themselves are quite a variable phenomenon -- compare different occupant cases, radar-visual sightings, alleged abductions, cloud cigars, antiphysical events etc. Time slips do seem to conform broadly to the 4 way classification system I adopted -- yes, there are exceptions and special cases, but on the whole there is a pattern. Why some cases don't develop into Type 4s seems often down to circumstance -- as in Rougham where nobody has yet dared go up and knock on the door, or in cases where the witness is too far away from the time slip area to do any interacting. Having now transcribed over 300 cases I am rarely surprised by what I come upon, which suggests that I have encountered every possible variant of the phenomenon and that no further categories are required.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

I have mentioned this research and left links on a few FT threads without much interest being generated.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Am I at liberty to send them a copy on your behalf?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
On page 30: " A You Tube video purporting to show the vanishing house is hopelessly unconvincing and barely deserves mention."

FYI, this is the video and indeed it is unconvincing. But to spare you a search, here goes nothing.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Of course. My aim was always a freely-available document that people can use as they wish, within the usual rules of fair usage.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yes, it is rather inept for many reasons, notably the fact that if you were filming your dog walking along (for whatever reason) and it froze suddenly because of a weird sound, you would inevitably overshoot him and pull the camera away. Also the house doesn't seem like either a Georgian style mansion or a country house. Also there is no garden or grounds, just a house superimposed unconvincingly on a field.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Here is my timeslip (I think) story which I recounted a few years ago on another thread about timeslips.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Indeed. But I wanted to include it here as you mention it in your report. Which, BTW, strongly reminds me of Colin Wilson's work, are you familiar with it?

Wilson also refers to dowsing. Much of what Wilson did and describes is based on earlier work of - as I recall - a mr Lethbridge. Said Lethbridge researched dowsing too and like you discovered the interference patterns you describe in your document. Wilson also worked with pendulums and (re?)discovered that the length of the wire on which the weight swings is corresponds to a material or event. So, say a pendulum of length of 2 feet is best suited to detect say lead (caution: not actual examples, only used to clarify my point).

This in turn connects us to the work of George De La Warr, who developed a diagnostic device, consisting of seemingly useless coils and magnets that could be rotated inside a box. The coils and magnets were physically connected to knobs, which allowed the operator to rotate the magnets and coils at will inside the box. A probe was connected to the box - just a piece of metal attached to a wire leading into the box. A sample of something belonging to a patient (even a photograph seemed to work) was put near the probe.

On top of the box a rubber membrane was to be found, attached by means of a screwed on copper frame. The operator would rub his finger(s) over the membrane and slowly turn the knobs with the coils/magnets attached - until the rubber suddenly felt 'sticky'. By reading the settings of the knob, a correlation with materials or an illness was found.

On a sidenote: I have been actively engaged with Steorn whom thought to have found a free source of energy - they failed miserably to prove it. However, a point of interest might be that they also employed rotating disks (in this case: with neodymium magnets place around their rims).

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlGrove I can only approximate. I could call my mother for more exact dates. The 2 disappeared places: Circa 1983, Albany Ca, behind the Student housing apartments which lie between San Pablo ave and the SF bay and near to UC Berkeley scientific labs in Albany on the north side,I believe. The timeslips: circa 1982 in Albany, Ca at Albany Middle school. Away from San Pablo ave towatd the hills or BART tracks.

I knew one was the future. I was suddenly in a house with a big bay window. The window looked out on the bay, so I believe that spot will one day be on the shore. A woman carried a plant, walked up some stairs near the window, in an extremely modern house.

The other, in El Cerrito, Ca, in the hills, again, near Bart tracks away from San Pablo Ave. I went to a private school there called Armstrong preparatory. It had once been the private home of a wealthy family, I did not know this at the time. I was in class and the entire room changed. I was in a private home, but with the same long corridors in this building. A baby was crying, several children were playing in the hallway.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Thanks for the link, I believe I have already located this post-- the "walking in mud" sensation has occurred in two other cases to my knowledge. It's in finding small details like this that I think we have the possibility of understanding what is going on. My working hypothesis is that Type 4 cases do indeed represent a form of time travel -- yours would be a Type 3, so you were on the verge of going the whole way.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Yes, I think most people with our sort of interests have been influenced by Wilson's work. Coincidentally, this morning it occurred to me that dowsing had played a pivotal role in my thinking about time slips, as it had for Wilson in his Mysteries book.
I have heard of De La Warr but didn't know any details of his device.

Rotating discs, with or without magnets, seem to play a part in many antigravity devices. As magnets also generate a torsion field, combining the two must have some special effect.
edit on 19-5-2015 by CarlGrove because: Typographic error.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thanks for the additional info -- yes, if your mother could come with more exact dates that would be great. It wouldn't tell us much about the phenomenon, but it makes the story sound more convincing if you can add details. Your future slip is more unusual in that people are rarely seen in such cases, and only in two such events that I've come across did some kind of interaction occur (and one of those strikes me as dubious).

It sounds as if you weren't too disturbed by your experiences. Have you had other unexplained things happen to you? It seems that a certain sensitivity may be required to be able to trigger a time slip.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Hi CarlGrove,

Thank-you so much for sharing your work! I've just started reading it now, but find it fascinating, very well written and organized!

Excellent job and if I knew how to give Kudos, I would give you 1000!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Glad to see this thread. Your e-book really deserves much more attention.

Yes, I think most people with our sort of interests have been influenced by Wilson's work.

Speaking of Wilson, his often-quoted "idol", Lethbridge, is well worth looking into too.
I've read some of his books; they should be required reading for anyone interested in these topics.

edit on 19-5-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Okay - Wow! That was amazing...Thank you for putting it here for us!

It's a very engaging read, and I loved that you used all the science info to underscore the possible 'mechanics' of certain phenomena.

I really think you ought to try and get that published, - although if you do, you might change the title to the one you used in naming this thread, because the report has so much more information than is suggested by the "Rougham" title..

I'm not any good at judging for length, especially as I was skimming thru, so perhaps it's not long enough to make a whole book?

Thank you again!

Oh - here's a type of 'slip' I don't think you mentioned, it happened to a very close friend of mine (honestly!)

She grew up in a very small town and still lives there. One night, quite late she was driving down the street that runs along one side of the cemetery - this is a main 'route' thru town, one she'd traveled countless times over the years...

...As she was pulling up to the stop sign at the cross street, the street sign caught her eye and much to her surprise, it read the name of a completely different road - one which runs on the furthest side of town from where she was...

She idled there for a bit, staring at the sign - which was scarcely more than 10 feet away (practically over head) trying to puzzle out what might have happened - whether someone had played a prank or something, but nothing about the street sign looked 'disturbed' in any way.

Finally, as it was late, she drove on her way...but within a couple of blocks, she felt so disturbed that she turned the car around and drove back to that corner - only to see that the street sign now bore the correct name.

--The interesting thing in this story being that since there was another road with the name she saw on the sign that night, and the one she was on had never been named anything else - whatever it was that she 'slipped' into, it wasn't the past...

...so, parallel universe maybe?

edit on 19-5-2015 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OwenandNoelle

Thanks very much for your kind comments. I spent a lot of my life writing reports on more conventional topics (psychology) so it was a real pleasure to get my teeth into a genuine mystery!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join