It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky ‘free range’ family loses custody of 10 kids over apparent ‘unschooling’

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Beautiful family, I send them only the best wishes for the best outcome.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

Beautiful family, I send them only the best wishes for the best outcome.

I think we all want the best outcome.

I'm not sure we all agree on what that is though.

While I'd like the family to stay together - - I'm not a supporter of irresponsible parenting.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I guess I come a different perspective, from an alternate reality, from a distant shore.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I guess I come a different perspective, from an alternate reality, from a distant shore.

I come from 3 generations of raising kids - - - who put her own kids in danger by stupidly falling for a man who sold drugs.

I'm now raising my 7 year old grandson - - without blinders - - incorporating everything I've learned in real life.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Nice. It feels good to be doing what raises your consciousness. That was my take on the blurb I read and pictures of this family. I get no negative, oppressed, uneducated or sinister vibe from the story other than the system and closed minded community that put this poor family in emotional harms way. I trust they will come through this as they seem to have a strong family foundation.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Nice. It feels good to be doing what raises your consciousness. That was my take on the blurb I read and pictures of this family. I get no negative, oppressed, uneducated or sinister vibe from the story other than the system and closed minded community that put this poor family in emotional harms way. I trust they will come through this as they seem to have a strong family foundation.

You didn't read the comments from people who actually know them and have worked with them?

It does not appear they are responsible people, let alone responsible parents.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Communities can be cruel to anything "different"

We will have to keep an eye on this as updates surface, once family services back out and I have a feeling they will eventually.

When food and water and utilities become the power mongers of our future, you will see many families suffer from it. It is not impossible to live off the grid w/ children. It is looked down upon, it is a frightening thought for those that live main stream because it is so different.

What would you do in an emp type take down of the grid? Would you be able to survive the first year? This family could.

I have always saved educational materials for such an event, outdated yes, but still the basics for anyone who may need them. I think that farmers have known the balance for generations, teaching hands on as well as basic educational structure.

Some of the wisest and wealthy people in America come from families who never saw more than a 3rd grade education. It can be done again. They did not have the big brother system in place back then granted, they did not have the eye of family services judging their every move. I am so happy that we have a system in place for abused children in America, that we are more aware of children in distress, and not every home schooled child is in a safe or thriving environment so the system is flawed, but people, bureaucracy are still on witch hunts for anything irregular in child rearing, that must be perfected and the choice for responsible parents of home schooled children given the respect they deserve. Many Christian families do not agree with the public school systems, I have to defend their right to make choices because of that family standard.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

What would you do in an emp type take down of the grid? Would you be able to survive the first year? This family could.

You seem to be hung up on the ideology of Off the Grid, ignoring the facts about this family.

BTW -- I own 2 acres. I keep a trailer on it filled with survival equipment. What about you?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Do you know how to hunt, process the meat, grow a garden, milk your own cows, churn butter, quilt, can food, dowse for water?

You have 2 acres and survival equipment. Good for you.

But I bet these kids can out survive you in any disaster situation.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Is that why the parents have to resort to stealing for food and water?

And the kids living in unhealthy conditions getting sick?

They will have to live long enough to actually get to the disaster situation to out survive anyone.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Hi antar!

Yes, please do stay tuned for more. The thread has pretty much all of the available information already. I hope you take the time to read through the whole thread and also check out ALL of the sources and sites that are relevant to the situation.

I started this thread with your same sentiment. But over the next several days, further investigation revealed that the family is, indeed, in need of supervision.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Do you know how to hunt, process the meat, grow a garden, milk your own cows, churn butter, quilt, can food, dowse for water?

You have 2 acres and survival equipment. Good for you.

But I bet these kids can out survive you in any disaster situation.

Actually, yes I do.

I was about 6 when I went on my first hunt. Spent a couple summers on a farm. Never was much good at milking though.

Waking up to a wild boar hanging from the ceiling in the living room with its throat slit bleeding into a pail --- is etched in my memory.

I have my doubts these kids are well educated in survival techniques. It seems more like they were just left on their own, without any real training.

BTW -- there is at least one HOW TO: SURVIVAL thread on ATS.

edit on 25-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Ok will do, just read the basics, have a strong opinion on the subject from experience over the years, so yes will read more and then repost, good!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
page 12 so far Looks like everyone with a complaint is following the exact same line of persecution. A damning protocol.

No vaccine
Child seen with injury to scalp
Child with Burn

While I agree with the photographic evidence so far against adequate shelter, especially in Kentucky during the 30 below snow covered winters, I have a feeling it is more a case of a go fund me type fraud that has back fired on the family.

None of them would be alive if they lived under tarps or the lean to shown on this thread.

What is a tragedy to me is that this hurts True to Heart Homestead families and responsible home schoolers.

Are these people being paid to demean the righteous and responsible with this media charade?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oh and the bloggers were following a script btw...

The one that ends with stating she was a homestead child was the most telling to me. She askew's her comments of her personal past to the present and this family. Not credible unless spin is what you are wanting.

All of the reports spoke of the same instances. Not enough evidence against them for indictment.

I truly think they were not living off grid other than to scam gofundme and anyone else who would buy their game.
edit on pm531pmMon, 25 May 2015 17:35:22 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Now thats a dont ask dont tell kind of situation Anne... Survival begins not on acreage but up in the noggin area, and the heart.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I don't mean once or twice, I mean as a regular way of life, survival. I am educated and was raised very much in the nature style home. You?

LOL on the "how to" threads.
edit on 1432594450Monday31Mon, 25 May 2015 17:54:10 -0500pmMonday5450531 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

I don't mean once or twice, I mean as a regular way of life, survival. I am educated and was raised very much in the nature style home. You?

LOL on the "how to" threads.

1st off I'm just shy of 70. Is this a contest?

I'm of a generation that was resourceful.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Child neglect charges ruled out for Maryland 'free-range' parents
www.cnn.com...#

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Child neglect charges ruled out for Maryland 'free-range' parents
www.cnn.com...#

You do know that is a different story, right?

They let their children walk a mile home from the park by themselves.

edit on 26-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join