It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olivia Wilde Isn't Apologizing For That Photo Of Her Breastfeeding

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

As you have fixated on this member, I will respond to all of your posts in regards to wanting answers from them.

Yes, I support all members of any society to be as clothed or unclothed as they deem permissible.

Breastfeeding is a beautiful thing.
The human form is a beautiful thing.
Neither one is mutually exclusive, nor is either statement a sexual one.

Individuals who can not comprehend the difference between beauty and sexuality is the problem you seem to be attempting to place on men.

As an individual who deals with nudity due to their job (theater, photography, and the performing arts in general), I can tell you there is not the issues you site.

In regards to the hypothetical 13 year old you mention, It's really the child's parents who need to deem it appropriate or not if their daughter wants to be topless in public. That is not a call you or I can make as they are still under their parents purview, even if being a parent themselves.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Attention!!

Please discuss the topic....and not other members.

Community Announcement re: Decorum
You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'm pleased with the topless laws (or lack of them to be precise) where I am.
Does that mean I am a pervert, or exhibitionist?

The arguments back there about european conquests bringing rape upon native women of other lands who were less covered is only good as an example of how such taboos bring about extreme and negative consequences.

Whenever we have american friends and family over on vacation, going to the beach is a big hassle, because they overeact to the breasts everywhere. The men can't control their erections, the women get all morally offended.

In this subject, the strongest objectors are females who eventually come out with the explanation that they don't want men to become desensitized to the view of a breast in contexts other than sexual, out of fear that they will lose some of their power to manipulate men with it.

What really irritates me the most now is that there feels to be a deeper objection the vision of a woman breast feeding
which pertains to the symbology of it.

I found breast feeding an amazing experience, because I grew up surrounded by a culture in which women are considered valuable only for what they have on the exterior to offer - their looks, their body shape, their behavior as agreable and obedient to men. Suddenly, it was evident that what I am inside also has value! That what I have to offer others, which comes from my unseen depths has beneficial and nourishing qualities for others. Birth and breast feeding were my first experiences in becoming a "projector" and not just a "receiver".
This went deeper for me than just lactating; it got me really more assertive in life, and not only with my children. I began to consider that me feelings, my thoughts, my opinions matter, have value, and should be expressed outward.

The comment about Olivia just trying to attract a male with this picture shows that not enough women are expressing what they feel inside, because so many men are really ignorant about us.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I don't care I wish I was that baby! .

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
Cool, you appear much more reasonable and less man hating than some others lol

Oh, believe me, I LOVE men! All the quirks, the strengths men have that women don't, the ay men look, the whole package. I will joke from time to time, at some of the differences, but men and women are made to complement one another. I like doors held open for me, heavy things carried (even if I can handle them myself), various chores done, and so forth. Maybe a little old-fashioned, but I don't care!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Doesn’t she understand that the sexual aspect of this IS HER BREASTS?

the sexual aspect of it is in YOUR HEAD! and has nothing to do with anyone other than you.

edit on 21-4-2015 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join