It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geologist: ''Jesus was married with a child and tomb found''

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
There have been various claims like these made before and ATS has many threads about such things. This is reported in MSM today so figured ATS might like to know about it.

Geologist claims Jesus was married... and had a SON: Expert says he has proof son of God was buried in 'family tomb' along with wife Mary and his brother

Geologist ran 150 chemical tests on ossuaries and 'Jesus Family tomb'
Claims chemical signature proves James Ossuary was at Jerusalem site
Chalk box bears inscription ‘James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus’
Find suggests Jesus fathered a child and was married

An Israeli geologist claims he has ‘confirmed’ the existence and authenticity of a tomb belonging to Jesus and his son in Jerusalem.
After extensive chemical tests, Dr Arye Shimron says he has linked the James Ossuary – a 1st-century chalk box that some believe hold the bones of Jesus' brother – to the long disputed ‘Jesus Family tomb’ in the city’s East Talpiot neighbourhood.
The research could have enormous ramifications as it suggests that Jesus was married, fathered a child and that a physical resurrection did not take place.

According to the discovery by geoarcheologist Dr Shimron, the 'son of God' was buried with nine other people, including ‘Judah, son of Jesus’ and his wife, named Mary.
Dr Shimron’s work has renewed controversy over the Talpiot tomb, which was discovered in 1980 and dates back to the Second Temple period and the time of Jesus,The Jerusalem Post reported.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... aims.html#ixzz3WcrqlpQC

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth
We know even from the New Testament that names like James, John, and Mary were common in that era.
If the name Jesus (in its contemporary spelling, of course) was just as common, then the discovery would not prove very much.
It would be like discovering the tomb of a "John Smith" in the western world.

+30 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

We don't have proof that Jesus existed, but somehow we can prove that he had children and was married. How does that work?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
Even if the names were common to the era, What are the odds to have such a combination of those names in that sequence?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It doesn't IMO.

I have written about the creation of the Jesus story a lot on ATS. My theory is that according to ancient artwork, there was a Mithraism scholar that stood out, his name wasn't Jesus but was translated as such. He was popular and seeing as the Roman Empire needed to garner and solidify popular opinion, they opted for a mish mash of the trending religions of the day (most stemming from more ancient cult practices) including making their main hero 'Jesus the Nazarene', which was distorted and manipulated over time, deliberately and in translation into the story we know today.

I just posted the article due to my interest in history, religion etc. It is interesting to see how things appear in MSM possibly pertaining to an agenda.
edit on 7-4-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Some more information from the article.

Probing this connection, Dr Shimron and documentary maker Simcha Jacobovici looked closer at the ossuaries, including the James Ossuary, which is held by a private owner and bears the inscription, ‘James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus’.
WHAT IS THE JAMES OSSUARY?
The James Ossuary is a first century chalk example of a box that was used to hold the bones of the dead.
But it stands out because it bears the inscription 'James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus' on one side.
The inscription is considered significant because it may provide archaeological evidence of Jesus,
The existence of the ossuary was announced in 2002, but its authenticity was immediately challenged.
The box's owner was charged with forging part of the inscription and while he was found innocent seven years later, the judge said the acquittal 'does not mean that the inscription on the ossuary is authentic or that it was written 2,000 years ago'.
Now, Dr Shimron claims the chemical signature on the ‘crust’ of the box matches that of a tomb in Jerusalem known as the ‘Jesus Family tomb’ where other ossuaries were found bearing the names of Jesus and Mary as well as ‘Judah, son of Jesus’.
The owner of the ossuary, Oded Golan, was accused of forging the inscription shortly after its discovery by an academic from the Sorbonne in Paris, but he was later found innocent.
Other experts and archaeologists have rejected the claim that the Jerusalem tomb is connected with Jesus at all.
Recently, Dr Shimron gained access to the James Ossuary and scraped beneath the patina of the box.
He ran around 150 tests on the chemistry of the samples from 25 different ossuaries – 15 of which were from unrelated tombs – and found that traces of magnesium, iron and silicon from the James Ossuary matched the chemical signature of Talpiot tomb.
The Talpiot ossuaries were covered in a thick layer of ‘Rendzina’ soil, which is characteristic of the hills of East Jerusalem when they were found and has a unique chemistry.
Dr Shimron worked from the assumption that an earthquake of 363AD flooded the tomb with soil and mud to cover the ossuaries, effectively forming a vacuum and freezing them in time.
Soil that seeped into the box matched that found in the Talpiot ossuaries, indicating that it had lain for years alongside others in the ‘holy’ location.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... aims.html#ixzz3WcxuRe1O

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Fair enough. Carry on.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
According the law, If a man die and had no children, the brother in law is supposed to take care of the widow and give her children to keep the dead guy's inheritance. Something like that.
I'll give you the reference as soon as possible.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
We know even from the New Testament that names like James, John, and Mary were common in that era.
If the name Jesus (in its contemporary spelling, of course) was just as common, then the discovery would not prove very much.
It would be like discovering the tomb of a "John Smith" in the western world.

If the James ossuary is proven to be connected to the Talpiot tomb, then it would be quite an interesting discovery, despite the fact that the names were common in the time period. The ossuaries in the tomb show a relationship which is not entirely dissimilar to those shared between Jesus and others as recorded in the New Testament.

While the names may have been common, it would be pretty uncanny to find that there is a tomb which belonged to people who had the same names, and shared many of the same familial relationships as characters in the Bible.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

I'm not following this. I can see how it would explain the kids issue, but if we can't prove Jesus existed, how can you determine he was married?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I have written about the creation of the Jesus story a lot on ATS. My theory is that according to ancient artwork, there was a Mithraism scholar that stood out, his name wasn't Jesus but was translated as such.

Could you share a link to that thread please? I'd be interested in reading.
what you said ties in with a theory I posted about sun gods/kings being produced through rebirth/regeneration ritual...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

It doesn't IMO.

I have written about the creation of the Jesus story a lot on ATS. My theory is that according to ancient artwork, there was a Mithraism scholar that stood out, his name wasn't Jesus but was translated as such. He was popular and seeing as the Roman Empire needed to garner and solidify popular opinion, they opted for a mish mash of the trending religions of the day (most stemming from more ancient cult practices) including making their main hero 'Jesus the Nazarene', which was distorted and manipulated over time, deliberately and in translation into the story we know today.

I just posted the article due to my interest in history, religion etc. It is interesting to see how things appear in MSM possibly pertaining to an agenda.

I don't know about an 'MSM agenda', but it seems more fitting that it was Easter and the story is one that attempts to both confirm the existence of Jesus (the one in the New Testament) but also to imply the whole point of Easter is invalid. So............... not sure what point the agenda - if there is one - is trying to prove.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There was a trial based on the claim by the Israeli Antiquities Authority that the Ossuary was a forgery by Oded Golan and James Deutsch. They were cleared of criminal charges, but I find the whole thing is tainted with suspicion now.

ETA: Forgery Trial

Is this a private owner wishing to monetize the Ossuary? Could the IAA be worried about keeping up the long standing biblical theories and stories? Who knows.
edit on 7-4-2015 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
" if ANY INFORMATION ABOUT jESUS WAS TRUE, WE WOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT " bILL oREILLY HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

If Jesus never existed, what impact would that have on Christianity?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Simcha Jacobovici that's all you need to know about this a story.
he's the greer of the pseudoarchaeology, but he calls it investigative archaeology.

if you ever watched any of his show's on the highly reputable "History Channel" you know what i mean.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

If Jesus never existed, what impact would that have on Christianity?

Somehow I feel it would have zero impact. They'd just deny whatever evidence proved Jesus didn't exist and go on believing.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
And next comes "proof" that Humpty Dumpty was pushed...And that Mother Goose was a prostitute...explains all them kids. Proving fairy tales are real, oh my.
edit on 7-4-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

I have written about it in a few threads. Here are some I could find:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=theabsolutetruth

The 'posts in thread' URL won't link, if you click on person icon on avatar it shows 'posts in thread', easier than searching all the thread.

edit on 7-4-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Jesus was the Obi One Kenobi of his time. Congratulations of your life devotion and worship of a sci-fi fantasy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join