It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontarians oppose the new graphic sex-ed program for schools

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: Annee

The point is, these are OUR kids, not yours, not the state's.

This area belongs to the parents, and no one else.
Period.

These children are the society of the next generation.

They don't need to be ignorant and have screwed up psychs because of being cloisterd by parents who fear natural feelings and attractions.

They actually don't belong to you --- as much as they belong to the world.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Telos
a reply to: Strawberry88

That's the elephant in the room that somehow is being ignored by some.

IMO - you are focusing on that and ignoring everything else.

No, you and your friends are focusing on homosexuality and have since the first page.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: Annee

The point is, these are OUR kids, not yours, not the state's.

This area belongs to the parents, and no one else.
Period.

These children are the society of the next generation.

They don't need to be ignorant and have screwed up psychs because of being cloisterd by parents who fear natural feelings and attractions.

They actually don't belong to you --- as much as they belong to the world.

Oh okay so every human born before this curriculum is put in place is screwed up

Utterly deluded, I'm sorry, the indoctrination is working splendidly, they're not even your kids anymore? Might as well give them up for adoption then so someone who actually cares about THEM and not what society tells you, can take care of them instead.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strawberry88

No, you and your friends are focusing on homosexuality and have since the first page.

The article is from a "Family Values" site which is Pro-Life, anti-abortion, and anti-gay marriage.

They make the focus. Not me.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I had sex education at school thank god, because my creationist single father never got around to talking about it at home. You would rather kids like me would be left in the dark, rather than encroach on what you see as your territory.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

If you are that paranoid about teachers then take your kids out of school, rather than suggest schools do not provide information about sex education.
Kids can't be protected from predators if they are ignorant of the dangers which is surely part if sex education.

Oh wow, great, for a minute I was scared you'd suggest the state take my kids away!

Thankfully I also get the choice of excluding them from society because the masses don't give a rats ass about their own anymore.

"A vocal minority" had me laughing though, that's a good thing? Yeah, the majority is too busy trying to become internet-famous to give a damn about how their children turn out

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If you dont like what schools teach or have any faith in the teachers than fine remove your kids, you can't ask that some children miss out on something.g so important because you don't want it for your kids.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I had sex education at school thank god, because my creationist single father never got around to talking about it at home. You would rather kids like me would be left in the dark, rather than encroach on what you see as your territory.

If only we could travel in time to a period where they had already invented a huge virtual encyclopedia

They should call it... the internet.

In all seriousness, "in the dark"?? Sucks for you, not going to tell you why I'm opposed to teachers being allowed to talk openly about sex with children, but I'm sure you can imagine something that would make me argue that there's no place for people without qualifications other than a teaching degree, to be talking about sex with children

Do you even know what the term grooming refers to in this instance??

Again, I'm sorry for you but your little anecdote far from weighs up to mine

Boo hoo you had to learn about sex from experience...

I was forced to learn, cry me a river buddy, I'll exchange my forced knowledge ANYDAY over your little perceived disadvantage

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If you dont like what schools teach or have any faith in the teachers than fine remove your kids, you can't ask that some children miss out on something.g so important because you don't want it for your kids.

HOW ARE THEY MISSING OUT ON ANYTHING FOR GODS SAKE

THEY'RE FIVE YEARS OLD

THEY HAVE THEIR LIVES AHEAD OF THEM

MY LIFE WAS #ED AT THAT AGE

STOP TELLING ME ITS CRUCIAL FOR YOUNG CHILDREN TO LEARN ABOUT SEX ASAP AS THERE IS NO AGE THATS TOO LATE, but I KNOW there's an age that's TOO SOON for someone WHOS NOT READY

I don't care about the caps anymore, # this I'm done arguing about how #ing pedophiles can be nice men who teach JUST AS WELL

But no this curriculum will have them fill out a test to determine if they're good guys when nobody else is watching

The trust some of our parents put in the hands of priests SURE TURNED OUT FINE DIDNT IT

I just hope you're all unaware and none of you is an actual scumbag rooting for # like this, BECAUSE THOSE PEOPLE EXIST, one of them even is involved for f* sake

there, triggered, I don't care, I've slapped people like you in real life so I could care less about some online shmuck's opinion of me
edit on 15-3-2015 by Strawberry88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Right! We're fortunate to be in countries that have mandatory education and free public schools.

There are also private schools with varying ideologies. Not being able to afford a private school of choice is not my problem. It's yours.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The tongue always touches the hurting tooth

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Right! We're fortunate to be in countries that have mandatory education and free public schools.

There are also private schools with varying ideologies. Not being able to afford a private school of choice is not my problem. It's yours.

Trollolololo

Teaching a child how to speak english or count to ten are basic necessities in life

Knowing how to sext, remembering to carry a condom at age 12, let alone talking about sex with old men at the age of 5, I would argue, are not needed skills to survive to the age of 14, at which all the BASICS you learned about sex ed, can be expanded to your PERSONAL needs

But nope, all 5 year olds are horny rabbits and need to know everything BEFORE they've even matured sexually. Experience is overrated amirite

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Having read the entire article, I can only assume one's dissatisfaction with the new curriculum must be that it doesn't follow the teaching of the Christian and particularly Catholic dogmas so greatly and blindly worshipped by older generations. It sounds like a practical and useful program to me. I don't think it'll undo civilization for a boy to know he has a penis, for example.

ETA the reason it isn't the best idea necessarily that the parent be the main avenue of education of whatever kind is that parents are often total idiots who have no idea what they're talking about. The same reason your mom isn't equipped to teach you calculus. It's simply beyond her capabilities.

edit on 15-3-2015 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Don't feel bad. My single parent mom was into metaphysics way back in the 50s.

She never talked to me about sex. Never asked me any questions. I guess she figured if I wanted to know something, I'd ask her.

Letting a kid raise themself can be almost as bad as too controlled.
edit on 15-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos
You might want to investigate what the term 'enthusiastic sexual response' actually means. It means that unconscious does not spell yes, that not fighting does not spell yes, that submission does not spell yes...it means that kids need to learn that consent has to be imparted in a totally non-ambiguous manner, that there is no mistake as to what is being agreed to, how far anyone is prepared to go, and when it becomes sex by pressure, force or intimidation.

Sound like pretty good lessons to be taught and damn well about time. And if you don't get that, you aren't listening to the right people in ramping up your outrage.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Trollolololo

But nope, all 5 year olds are horny rabbits and need to know everything BEFORE they've even matured sexually. Experience is overrated amirite

Your expression, not mine.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

She never talked to me about sex. Never asked me any questions. I guess she figured if I wanted to know something, I'd ask her.

Figures, another person filled with self-pitty over their PERCEIVED disadvantages.

Can I just ask you: Did you turn out ok in life though?

Or do you hold a grudge to this day because without sex ed, you just never became who you truly were destined to be?

Still, thanks for bringing up more anecdotal evidence though, because I was taught more than I wanted to know as a child, and I would love to switch places with the both of you

But I guess that's really hard to grasp for someone who has zero experience with what it's like to learn more than you've asked for, bawwww my mommy didn't tell me about sex.

If I were a sick person I would probably find great pleasure in imagining your own coming home one day to tell you about how Mr.Hendrix took things a bit far that day, luckily though, I KNOW that will # up a person for the rest of their lives

Unlike not learning about sex at the age of 6

And now I'm off to have a good weep, because I'm appaled at how many people ITT simply refuse to acknowledge the fact that we live in a sick society where most of the symptoms are still HIDDEN despite the fact that we all know FULL WELL from statistics that this happens EVERY DAMN DAY and you sickos are only making it easier for the abusers, all the while believing you're doing this "for our children"

It's not for them and you're bloody stupid if you think so. I've never met a sad kid who was sad because they didn't know something about sex

I've met f*cking plenty who are depressed heaps of messes because they knew too much

Good on you for being an agent of change, too bad the only result it'll have will be for, again, the sick sadists running this game.

I'm really done here, this place is as bad as facebook or youtube sometimes, should be ashamed really
edit on 15-3-2015 by Strawberry88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Figures, another person filled with self-pitty over their PERCEIVED disadvantages.

Can I just ask you: Did you turn out ok in life though?

Or do you hold a grudge to this day because without sex ed, you just never became who you truly were destined to be?

Still, thanks for bringing up more anecdotal evidence though, because I was taught more than I wanted to know as a child, and I would love to switch places with the both of you

But I guess that's really hard to grasp for someone who has zero experience with what it's like to learn more than you've asked for, bawwww my mommy didn't tell me about sex.

If I were a sick person I would probably find great pleasure in imagining your own coming home one day to tell you about how Mr.Hendrix took things a bit far that day, luckily though, I KNOW that will # up a person for the rest of their lives

Unlike not learning about sex at the age of 6

And now I'm off to have a good weep, because I'm appaled at how many people ITT simply refuse to acknowledge the fact that we live in a sick society where most of the symptoms are still HIDDEN despite the fact that we all know FULL WELL from statistics that this happens EVERY DAMN DAY and you sickos are only making it easier for the abusers, all the while believing you're doing this "for our children"

It's not for them and you're bloody stupid if you think so. I've never met a sad kid who was sad because they didn't know something about sex

I've met f*cking plenty who are depressed heaps of messes because they knew too much

Good on you for being an agent of change, too bad the only result it'll have will be for, again, the sick sadists running this game.

I'm really done here, this place is as bad as facebook or youtube sometimes, should be ashamed really

Interesting interpretation from YOUR mind.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
As Ontarian...

This is a new way to raise homogeneous gay population by 2020 in Canada. Ontario is just a pilot project. Newcomers are gullible and seek any opportunity to settle even at the cost sacrificing their own stand and white Canadian folks playing sophistication trend.

Evolution of human society, no less as per her own words.

DO
edit on 15-3-2015 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2015 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange
As Ontarian...

This is a new way to raise homogeneous gay population by 2020 in Canada. Ontario is just a pilot project. Evolution of human society, no less as per her own words.

DO

What does that even mean?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join