It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VICE - "Killing Cancer"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

absolute cure

How #ing ironic. There will be no absolute cure anytime soon. Since cancer is misunderstood, its unlikely they will ever find how to get rid of it permanently. Diet, life style and one's state of mind lead to cancer, even if you get rid of all cancerous cells, if you dont fix at least two of the 3 above, it will come back. It is a mind disease related to heavy continuous stress induced by human society. Only a revolution in medicine field would lead to a proper cure.

But hey one needs "hope" from time to time. Even if it is vain.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: chr0naut

So, it looks like the Americans discover what the Russians have been using for years 'Phage Therapy'.

Nothing new here, move along...

Not that I care where the technology comes from, but according to your source article, phage therapy is primarily used to combat bacterial infections. Especially those that are resistant to antibiotics.

I saw no mention of phage therapy being used to fight cancer.

Phage therapy as an effective treatment for cancer was first demonstrated in Russia in the 1940's.

ecoliwiki.net...

Thanks for the additional information on Phage treatments but I have to say that it still doesn't seem to be the same as what the documentary is portraying.

In this new treatment, the virus is programmed to infect the cancerous cells/tumors and once inside, the virus starts replicating itself until the cancerous cells get overwhelmed and explode.

Furthermore, it would appear that this treatment even has the potential to eliminate all traces of the cancer from the body, which I saw no evidence of in the Phage Treatment material you provided.

While I'll admit that the treatments may be vaguely related, I still think this new approach is different and it shows great promise.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: _damon

absolute cure

How #ing ironic. There will be no absolute cure anytime soon. Since cancer is misunderstood, its unlikely they will ever find how to get rid of it permanently. Diet, life style and one's state of mind lead to cancer, even if you get rid of all cancerous cells, if you dont fix at least two of the 3 above, it will come back. It is a mind disease related to heavy continuous stress induced by human society. Only a revolution in medicine field would lead to a proper cure.

But hey one needs "hope" from time to time. Even if it is vain.

You have a lot to learn about cancer. There are numerous causes ranging from overexposure to sunlight to ingestion and/or exposure to carcinogenic chemicals or elements.

While I will agree the stress definitely plays a role in all illness and recovery, I disagree with your assertion that cancer is a "mind disease."

Try telling all those mesothelioma patients that their cancer was caused by their state of mind and not by their exposure to asbestos.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: _damon

The HIV-leukemia treatment is showing great promise as both a pediatric and adult cure, with a 90% remission rate in just a week or so. One child has been in remission past two years now. While I understand your statements about diet and lifestyle, in many cases, particularly in children, are not factors. And the children almost to a one of them are amazing in the way they face it mentally.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I could definitely be wrong, but I don't think that these bacterial infection treatments of old are the same. Another poster also mentioned something from way back called "Phage Therapy," but it too was for bacterial infections, not cancer.

It seems you didn't read any of the information I posted. The treatment involves injecting bacteria into the tumour, it has nothing to do with treating bacterial infections. The only difference here is that Coley used bacteria instead of viruses to stimulate the bodies immune system.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

I could definitely be wrong, but I don't think that these bacterial infection treatments of old are the same. Another poster also mentioned something from way back called "Phage Therapy," but it too was for bacterial infections, not cancer.

It seems you didn't read any of the information I posted. The treatment involves injecting bacteria into the tumour, it has nothing to do with treating bacterial infections. The only difference here is that Coley used bacteria instead of viruses to stimulate the bodies immune system.

Actually, I did read the material you provided but I still don't think two therapies are the same thing.

While one of the patients in the documentary did indeed get injections directly into his tumor, most were given intravenous injections of the modified virus that would seek out and destroy the cancerous cells/tumors all on their own.

Not to mention that one of the most promising viral agents being used to combat leukemia in the documentary is the HIV virus which didn't even exist at the time.

Other than the fact that both treatments are utilizing our immune system to combat the disease, the way that these viruses are programmed to seek out & destroy specific cancer cells seems to be different and much more promising.

Maybe you should watch the documentary?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Actually, I did read the material you provided but I still don't think two therapies are the same thing.

While one of the patients in the documentary did indeed get injections directly into his tumor, most were given intravenous injections of the modified virus that would seek out and destroy the cancerous cells/tumors all on their own.

I didn't say they were the exact same thing, just the same concept. Obviously we have more advanced methods these days but the basic idea here is the same. You inject the patient with some sort of bacteria of virus which stimulates the immune system, they go through a period of extreme fevers, during which the tumour shrinks, and then the patient recovers.

Maybe you should watch the documentary?

I watched it several hours ago.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

No offense, but what's you point here exactly?

Even in the documentary they mentioned where the ideas came from and some of the history, through them losing funding when the market crashed in 2008-2009.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I was just pointing out the origins of this treatment and just how old it actually is. It's interesting to see one of the oldest approaches to curing cancer is now one of the most promising. Seems to me that these ideas have been suppressed for a long time and are just now being rediscovered.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

They actually said that they started going down the viral path when they noticed that a rabies vaccine administered by accident caused cervical tumors to shrink. i think that was circa 1900 or so...can't remember.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So they are having a Vice touting some new technique that does the same thing as Marijuana Oil, Liposomal Vitamin C, and several other alternative cancer treatments.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I just watched this last night and it was very promising. The "T-Cell" treatment and the "messed" treatment seemed to have the most success. The t-cell treatment had a 90% cure rate as of the show airing.

I'll sum it up if anyone missed it. Pretty much they are engineering viruses to specifically attack and kill cancer cells while ignoring healthy cells. They take out all the bad stuff about the virus like self replicating when not in a cancer cell or attacking healthy cells and pretty much just leave the attacking mechanism in place. So you can't actually get the measles or hiv from the treatment.

Seemed very promising. You can watch this on several streaming sites. A simple good search should do the trick

Any other questions for those who haven't watched or maybe have watched and have a few questions I'll be glad to answer them if I can

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: D_Mason

So they are having a Vice touting some new technique that does the same thing as Marijuana Oil, Liposomal Vitamin C, and several other alternative cancer treatments.

While I'll agree that there are other alternative cancer treatments that show promise with certain kinds of cancer, this is a little different.

These viruses have been genetically modified to attack cancer cells while leaving good cells alone and they are modifying these viruses in different ways to attack different cancers.

While the idea may be old, advancements in medical research & technology are now enabling us to take the next step and it appears to be a "Giant" one at that.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It's been on Grey's Anantomy where they sued the HIV virus to cure some disease, i love that show, i always think they're making stuff up and then i read about it on here.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Thank you so much for posting this...I actually fast forwarded past the ads on HBO as I rarely watch...if only this had been known 10 years ago, I would still have my dear sister with me...

Cancer not only kills the victim, but the spirits of those left behind.

Bravo - S&F!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
My father was diagnosed colon cancer a a month ago. Doctors say that he has 7-9 months left to live. It"s probably too late for my father, but i surely hope this piece of news is legit,so that future generations dont have to die of this horrible ilness. Star and flag, im sobbing like a MF...sorry for bad spelling

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackNWhite
My father was diagnosed colon cancer a a month ago. Doctors say that he has 7-9 months left to live. It"s probably too late for my father, but i surely hope this piece of news is legit,so that future generations dont have to die of this horrible ilness. Star and flag, im sobbing like a MF...sorry for bad spelling

My heart is breaking for you as well. I lost my father two yrs. ago to cancer and I'm not through crying yet. Not sure I'll ever be. I know what you're going through.

On a brighter side, I have to say (like the girl in the video) don' give up and never quit fighting.

My father lived for over 6 yrs. in his fight with cancer and even though he had a different kind of cancer, his original prognosis was about the same as your father's.

It could be, I hope, that you just need to buy a little time.

I would hope, that with colon cancer being one of the big killers in the cancer realm, that it's high on the list for this new viral treatment technology. Ask his doctors to inquire about it, they may not even be aware of these new treatments.

Anyway, just know that it ain't over till it's over and never give up the fight.

In the meantime, spend as much time with him as you can, settle/"forgive" any unresolved disputes and make sure he knows how much you love him.

Now I'm crying like a MF too.

Sending all my best energy your way.

Flatfish.
edit on 2-3-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

At first I thought the topic was going to be about the Movie VICE with Bruce Willis which I happened to watch last night, LOL, Decent movie by the way , it could have been a lot better but it had a good premise.

Anyhow looks interesting and I will have to check it out.

edit on 10331America/ChicagoMon, 02 Mar 2015 11:10:09 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

At first I thought the topic was going to be about the Movie VICE with Bruce Willis which I happened to watch last night, LOL, Decent movie by the way , it could have been a lot better but it had a good premise.

Anyhow looks interesting and I will have to check it out.

Thanks for posting that. It gave me a giggle and I needed something to cheer me up after my last post.

I'm sure you'll be thrilled with VICE, the documentary. I was.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Dear OP
(I am interested in how people argue etc.)

Does this mean if I advocate measles as a cancer cure that I am squarely in the middle of anti-vac land?
For example let's assume vaccines block people from getting measles. They produce anti bodies
and this makes it difficult for people to be treated with measles for cancer because the fever would not take.
This stance would make me anti vaccine in that respect however one of the anti vac arguments used
is that the vaccine doesn't work...

Where does it leave me? For me getting measles vs cancer would be an acceptable trade off.
Could this apply for other microbes also?
Complicated dilemma.....

I've also read on the internet that we get cancer all through our lives and our body deals with it.
Cancer generally takes a long time before it manifests and the likely hood is that during that
time we have stumbled across some kind of microbe generating a fever
Are we too clean in that respect?
Limbo

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join