It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VICE - "Killing Cancer"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Isnt this how the plot for i am legend starts????? Is this the start of the zombie apocalypse???a reply to: Flatfish

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lompyt
Isnt this how the plot for i am legend starts????? Is this the start of the zombie apocalypse???a reply to: Flatfish

I wouldn't know. Sorry, but despite the fact that my grandson loves them, I don't pay much attention to zombies.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lompyt

My God you're right! It's like they knew!

Aside from that, I do have HBO. I'll have to take a look when I get a chance. I don't usually watch documentaries (and I don't particularly like Bill Maher, but I'll put that bias aside) but this seems like a great episode to check out. Thanks for the recommendation.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
As far from God as I may still be, this seems an abomination.

The Bourne Legacy comes to mind.

I would put more faith in the Bob Beck protocols than these machinations of man.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish
a reply to: eisegesis

My wife told me it was a mistake to even mention Bill Maher just because of some people's dislike of him, which may cause them to ignore the documentary and miss out on the info and to some extent, I know she's right.

This isn't about Bill Maher and I don't agree with everything he says or does either.

On the other hand, he is the "Executive Producer" of VICE, I heard about this upcoming episode on his show and I'm not afraid to give him credit when credit is due.

This is 100% off topic.........But I must say it.......Bravo OP......Bravo. This post shows a ton of wisdom and truthfully you are right on the money.

It is not about the messenger it is the message that is important.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I hope this can provide us with a way to cure cancer, I really really do!

I am just very hesitant at applauding mutating viruses to inject into people. As a previous poster stated, this is where the zombie movies start. The changing nature of a virus is incredibly quick... I would hate to see us invent and then inject a home-grown super-virus into people who already have compromised immune functionality.

I worry further that someone will start developing viruses that attack specific cells we need to live and function. Imagine if there was a way to make a virus eat out cells of the brain that have to do with creativity or independent thought.

Are we standing at the edge of a slippery slope?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

So their will be no diet changes to stop cancers, you will be dependent on big Pharma, when you get it. Sounds like its just what they want control through medication. Don't forget your statins!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

So their will be no diet changes to stop cancers, you will be dependent on big Pharma, when you get it. Sounds like its just what they want control through medication. Don't forget your statins!

From the research I have read on Statins, you need to subsidize Q10 if you take it. It interferes with either the processes that form it or it causes it to break down faster. I can't remember which way it was, I only needed to know that our ubiquinone is needed. Now since it is not recognized as a needed drug by the FDA for this purpose, I don't think that the doctors can actually prescribe it. I may be wrong on that though. Statins are hard on the muscles of the body. Because of the actions of statins though, it is not clear if the Q10 supplementation will actually help, it might just break down too.
edit on 28-2-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

This entire episode is available on HBO's YouTube Channel for anyone who cares to watch it. ;-)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
"Statins are hard on the muscles of the body." The FDA has recommendations for moderate doses due to muscle toxicity. They love to peddle poisons.

The Bob Beck protocol on the other hand seems to use colloidal silver in conjunction with blood electrification with good results, whilst not being so harsh to the body.

www.cancertutor.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NoTruthIsFree

Just hold onto the plugwire on your lawn mower and pull the rope. That shock will kill a lot of microbes. The antique montgomery wards medical box has adjustable coils to shock the body, it can be used to kill off microbes and viruses also. They do not handle shock well. Mass dieoffs can cause problems though.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I haven't watched the full doco yet, but based on that trailer this treatment seems to be essentially the same as one of the oldest known cancer treatments on record. It was an injection treatment developed in the 1890's by a man named William Coley. It was called Mixed Bacterial Toxins or just Coley's toxins.

The records showed that after the wound became infected with a commonplace bacterium, Streptococcus pyogenes, the patient went through several bouts of fever. With each attack of fever the tumour shrank until eventually it disappeared entirely, leaving only a large scar under the left ear. Coley surmised that the infection had stimulated the German’s immune system– as evidenced by the repeated fevers– and that it was this immune response that had caused the eradication of the cancer.

The story so convinced Coley that he– perhaps cavalierly– contrived to contaminate his next ten suitable sarcoma cases with Streptococcus. His initial approach was to inject a solution of live bacteria deep into the tumour mass on a repeated basis over several months. The first patient to undergo this treatment was a bedridden man with inoperable sarcoma in the abdominal wall, bladder, and pelvis. Using this experimental method, the patient was cured spectacularly. He staged a full recovery, and survived another twenty-six years before dying from a heart attack.

After the fatalities with the ‘live’ version of his therapy, he developed an improved fluid containing killed bacteria of two different strains, Streptococcus pyogenes and Serratia marcescens. This was based on the idea that the dead bacteria would still have the immune-stimulating capability of their living brethren (in the form of purported ‘toxins’), but not share their inconvenient tendency to cause death. His invention became variously known as ‘Coley’s Toxins’, ‘Coley’s Vaccine’, ‘Mixed Bacterial Toxins’ or ‘Coley Fluid.’ The treatment was met with considerable success, with one study in 1999 suggesting that it was at least equally as effective in treating cancer as conventional modern therapies. With due care in dosing and management of the induced fever, it was also remarkably safe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/3/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLurker

Thanks, that makes things a lot easier for those without HBO.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaDeCo
I hope this can provide us with a way to cure cancer, I really really do!

I am just very hesitant at applauding mutating viruses to inject into people. As a previous poster stated, this is where the zombie movies start. The changing nature of a virus is incredibly quick... I would hate to see us invent and then inject a home-grown super-virus into people who already have compromised immune functionality.

Actually at this point in time, the only patients who are even eligible for this treatment are cancer patients who have been through years of chemo & radiation and are at the point where no known treatment is working. Their immune functionality has already been severely compromised.

I'm wondering if the initial side effects wouldn't be much less if this treatment were utilized as an initial treatment, when their immune system is still strong, as opposed to being used as a last resort effort for people already on their death bed.

originally posted by: KaDeCo
I worry further that someone will start developing viruses that attack specific cells we need to live and function. Imagine if there was a way to make a virus eat out cells of the brain that have to do with creativity or independent thought.

That's what we're doing now with chemo & radiation.

originally posted by: KaDeCo Are we standing at the edge of a slippery slope?

I hope we're standing at the precipice of a cure for cancer and I wouldn't let fear get in the way.

I doubt seriously that this treatment will be forced on anyone who doesn't want it.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLurker

This entire episode is available on HBO's YouTube Channel for anyone who cares to watch it. ;-)

Shame....it`s unavailable in the UK.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

IMO, preventing cancer and curing cancer are two different fields of research and this new treatment is specifically designed to help those who have already contracted the disease.

Furthermore, a person's diet is not the only contributing factor when it comes to cancer. Sometimes the cancer is caused by exposure to carcinogenic chemicals, heavy metals, etc..

The cancer that took my father was caused by exposure to heavy metals and I assure you, he didn't eat them. He breathed them in.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I could definitely be wrong, but I don't think that these bacterial infection treatments of old are the same. Another poster also mentioned something from way back called "Phage Therapy," but it too was for bacterial infections, not cancer.

Actually, I've never heard of cancer being referred to as "bacterial."

On the other hand and if I'm not mistaken, the documentary does mention that the first hints of successfully treating cancer with viruses came from way back when someone with cancerous tumors realized improvement and reduction in the size of their tumors after receiving a measles vaccination.

Anyway I'm not a doctor, nor am I into medical research, so my opinion on the origins of this treatment stand to be as flawed as anyone else's. I'm just glad this seems to be working.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Just watched it. They really may cure cancer. I have no words.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Just watched it. They really may cure cancer. I have no words.

Nor did I.

Like I said before, it blew me away and what really sent chills down my spine was the fact that this is happening here and now.

I'm hoping it won't take them long to fully understand how to tweek these viruses to combat the various different kinds of cancer and totally remove this disease from the human experience.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: chr0naut

So, it looks like the Americans discover what the Russians have been using for years 'Phage Therapy'.

Nothing new here, move along...

Not that I care where the technology comes from, but according to your source article, phage therapy is primarily used to combat bacterial infections. Especially those that are resistant to antibiotics.

I saw no mention of phage therapy being used to fight cancer.

Phage therapy as an effective treatment for cancer was first demonstrated in Russia in the 1940's.

ecoliwiki.net...

It causes an immune response that targets cells infected by the bacteriophage, namely the cancer into which it is injected directly. Cancer cells also seem to have less resistance to infection than noncancerous cells.

edit on 1/3/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join