It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Form 'Ring of Peace' to Protect Oslo Synagogue

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm always hoping to see light, and here we have a very gentle one, but nonetheless it's bright, and yet some only want to mock it and minimize it.

But I'm thinking the majority of good folks will take it and run with it!

Let the naysayers wallow in their negativity. It has no impact on this lovely event.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Mm, yes.. spontaneous acts of kindness in a sea of violence. No Hajrah Arshad this does not show that Islam is a religion of peace, if only it were that simple maybe Christians and Jews wouldn't be so persecuted in the Middle East. Single acts do not make a trend and even less do they define the character of a religion with over a billion adherents. Because believe it or not, beneath this unrelentless seemingly non stop campaign of peace, love, and merrymaking is the hard cold reality of violence and religious persecution that is and always has been endemic to Islam.

Wherever you find Islam you will always also find conflict with the surrounding world, whether that is in India, South East Asia, Africa or even in Europe there is always the same trend. Whenever the muslim population reaches a certain level you'll see hostilities increase in correlation with the growth of the population. Always the same trend of conflict, trace the history of Islam and you'll see.

It may be that John Wayne Gacy used to walk old ladies across the street, I would however hesitate to define his character by such acts.

Yes, the muslim community is made up of ordinary people and therefore the majority is peaceful ordinary people with families and friends, just like us. But what role does Islam play in shaping these people and would it be too unbelievable to suggest that this religion that embodies war and violence like no other would have both a long lasting cultural as well as immediate effect on all its adherents? Muslim lunatics for example would have an easy prepackaged set of beliefs that could easily rationalize, give justification for and even galvanize violence. Judge it by its fruits.

It is essentially inherently sinister in how it operates. Read "The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex" and tell me Islam is harmless. I dare you! It's almost like Islam was made to be the scourge of the Earth that is has been and continues to be.

"Islam has bloody borders"!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It would be unimaginable what our species could accomplish if we had peace and cooperated with one another.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I believe there is plenty of wisdom in what you say; I, myself, have been one of the most vociferous critics of ISIS atrocities and other acts of Muslim and Nazi extremism. STILL, we mustn't lose sight of the fact that whomever has the loudest voice DOESN'T necessarily have the best argument (we learn this in threads on ATS daily).

These hateful perversions of religions have gained so much power and authority over the course of human events in the world today, because they have essentially been aggressively marketed as 'successful' brands by their ideological innovators and sales force.

In pointing out this particular story, I am suggesting that given time, attention, passion and understanding, the points of view of those proclaiming the peaceful and tolerant aspects of their own understanding of their religions can come into a popular ascendancy as well.

I am not so naive as to believe that this will happen in our lifetimes, but there is a universal ebb and flow to all things...and one day, assuming we begin to start paying as much attention to the quiet positives, as we do the screamed negatives, opposition to insanity such as ISIS voices so loudly will be quelled.

For the first time in human human history, mankind has the tools to give those peaceful and positive whispers a voice which can be heard around the world.

edit on 22-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

edit on 22-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: correction

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: ketsuko

So you don't care which one moulds our planet in the future...
A future that looks very shaky indeed!

Just so you can have a dig at Obama?

Great. Good for you.

Its ATS
there will always be some American that shoe horns Obama into the discussion.

Sometime I think these people have some sort of obsessive infatuation with him

edit on 22-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah no doubt...

It's become apparent to me that no topic or thread is considered "off limits" for the Obama hatred.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I absolutely agree. I think you point at something very important, the fact that given time and effort Islam as a religion could change, very much like Christianity did.

Unfortunately unfair wars of aggression on the part of the Western military industrial complex have enflamed and embittered relations with the West. There seemed to have been a pretty strong secular trend going in a lot of muslim countries before the endless wars and all the regime changes more or less put an end to that.

Additionally the spread of Wahhabism has been a sinister development and I've even heard people claim that it is the product of covert operations by the usual suspects. Wouldn't exactly surprise me, that however doesn't change the fact that we are headed for a clash of civilisations of major proportions whether it is engineered or not. It's a sad state and at this rate I don't know if it's even avoidable.

Displays like these are positive and great, needed even, though I guess I'm too much of a cynic to really get to appreciate them.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Its ATS

there will always be some American that shoe horns Obama into the discussion.

Sometime I think these people have some sort of obsessive infatuation with him

Its called ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I think that religion did't follow evolution of societies and is becomming more and more toxic if its scriptures are taken litterally. Religious stuff should be in an adult section

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It didn't change that much: in many northen cities it simply vanish. The preach is so out of time that we're making condos out of churches.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I came late to the party it would seem, that doesn't mean I can't say what I feel though. What I feel is that THIS KIND OF ACTION IS WHAT MAKES ME BELIEVE THAT HUMANITY STILL HAS HOPE!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

Yeah, I live one of the most secular places in the world, that has not been lost on me. Though Christianity has still gone through great change. It haven't been a white and black issue either, it has often been a gradual change through a spectrum. The few Christians around me - and they're very few - often have incredibly vague beliefs, to them their religious beliefs is often a smörgåsbord where they pick and choose as they see fit. Then it gets even vaguer than that with the "I don't know about God but I believe in something bigger" position being quite common.

Also, these Christians if one can call them that will quickly quiver under the boot of political correctness because of (what at least amounts in practical terms to) state adoption of cultural Marxist ideology. American Christians have more sway that way, but they're also getting repeatedly pummeled in the public eye by the political(and ideological) left.

So yes, it's a more complex situation with numerous factors involved, we can't always touch on them all. Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I think it would be great if this peaceful and protective attitude will prevail. I like to see it spread and become a great force against violence and intolerance.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
We need more of this. Any Muslim who stands against the rise of violence and radicalism is our friend.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DMFL1133
It would be unimaginable what our species could accomplish if we had peace and cooperated with one another.

Keep dreaming.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah no doubt...

It's become apparent to me that no topic or thread is considered "off limits" for the Obama hatred.

Don't worry, there will be a new moron 'in charge' soon and all the hatred will turn to them. Meanwhile back at the batcave there will be arguments about Christians are worse than Muslims who aren't as bad as Jews but they are better than Catholics etc etc.

Thankfully there are a few rational thinkers amongst us.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Nice
...thx for posting......what i take from this is that the people of the earth do not all adhere to the media's bias and hate mongering....good to see

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

You're damn right about the 'smörgåsbord' (I admit I searched
. And what is also different is that the religion stuff got a lot more private. It's kinda taboo. It's like: 'I got one but I rather won't tell...'

Something that also did no good, IMHO, was the things the protestants removed and the catholics here kept in their faith. I really can't figure out how to tell my kid about drinking and eating christ without feeling weird

edit on 2015 2 23 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but if these Muzzies want to be heard, how about going, en masse, after all those muzzies beheading, burning, crucifying people??

Until they do, this is all BS and facetime.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join