It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Form 'Ring of Peace' to Protect Oslo Synagogue

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I want to share this beautiful story, of how there's still a great deal of hope for the world...and for the people of ALL religions to see beyond their differences and stand up against evil.

I hope and pray that THIS type of story will continue, not only to occur, but will be reported more and more in press accounts around the world.

Please forgive me if I chose the wrong forum, but I felt that THIS article is also part of 'The War On Terrorism', in a very positive way.

More than 1,000 gathered to protect Jews after a series of anti-Semitic attacks in Europe

More than 1,000 people formed a "ring of peace" Saturday outside Oslo's main synagogue at the initiative of a group of young Muslims.
The event in the Norwegian capital follows a series of attacks against Jews in Europe, including the terror attacks in Paris in January and in neighboring Denmark last week.

One of the eight independent organizers of Saturday's event in Oslo, Hajrah Arshad said the gathering shows "that Islam is about love and unity."

"We want to demonstrate that Jews and Muslims do not hate each other," co-organizer Zeeshan Abdullah told the crowd, standing in a half-circle before the white synagogue. "We do not want individuals to define what Islam is for the rest of us."
"There are many more peace-mongers than warmongers," he added.

MORE:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Great story.
There is a similar one from Egypt a while back...
I'll find the picture and share it.

There is a few stories on Google of many similar protective stances by all the Faiths...
Not enough people/media outlets sharing it often enough.

S&F!
edit on 22-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Confrontational attitude unnecessary!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Whenever I see stories like this I think " Those people are way to smart and compassionate to be mixed up in all that religion."

Ever hear the saying "the exception that proves the rule" ?

The event in the Norwegian capital follows a series of attacks against Jews in Europe

edit on 22-2-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Imagine what the world could be, IF this was how ALL religions always interacted against hatred and evil.
A long ways off, I'm sure...but maybe someday.

For now, these examples are a good start...and, thank God, they are still being heard over the clamor of bloody extremism.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So happy to see this! This is what is meant by "be the change you want to see"; by setting a good example. I hope the rest of world will take note.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I have heard it and I personally don't think it relates to this sort of thing 100% of the time.

See all over the globe, there are many people of *insert faith* that feel a certain way about *insert faith* due to who their influence is, who their "teacher" is, who they grew up with from *insert faiths*, the experiences they've had with *insert faith*, the regional politics of the area they reside in, and-or the foreign policy of the nation they are indiginous to...

& on a whole cannot be put down to "it's because of *insert faith*"...

Respectfully speaking, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Oh now, according to our President, those are just "some folks" protecting the place of worship of some "other folks."

Let's be fair here.

Or maybe it's just a group of Norwegians ...
edit on 22-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The peacefulness of the religious (all religious people) should be shouted from the rooftops as much as possible to influence a change for the positive...

The hatred of the so-called-religious that the so-called-religious promote around the world should be ignored because it is a guaranteed Divide & Conquer tactic of reprobates...

Do you not agree there is a difference?

Which one do you want to shape the future of this planet?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I have a lot of respect for you, I even sometimes agree with you, you are a shining example of intelligent, thoughtful, modern Muslims. I would stand up and fight to protect you in any similar situation.

However I would prefer if there were no religions, then I wouldn't have to.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

...there's certainly nothing "random" about what "these folks" are doing for "those folks".
edit on 22-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Thanks Abe, I feel the same, whether we agree or not will never divide our humanity...

Just our opinions...

And we know what they say about opinions

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Why?

This is just "some folks" and a place of worship. And those were just "some folks" who were beheaded.

edit on 22-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

So you don't care which one moulds our planet in the future...
A future that looks very shaky indeed!

Just so you can have a dig at Obama?

Great. Good for you.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

See how quickly fear turns into hate.

Many of US are guilty of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT
That's beautiful thanks for sharing. There is still hope then? Maybe.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Definitely.

& that will either make us or break us...

I've been guilty of it in the past.

Did me no good.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
THIS line from the story stands out for me:

"We want to demonstrate that Jews and Muslims do not hate each other," co-organizer Zeeshan Abdullah told the crowd, standing in a half-circle before the white synagogue. "We do not want individuals to define what Islam is for the rest of us."

To me, the first quote is a cry for sanity...the second quote from Zeeshan Abdullah, when speaking of individuals, is speaking directly of extreme religious groups, as well as politicians, world press, and Nazi's.

We have all been sucked in to the narratives, in one way or another. THIS example may be one of many that is never heard over the 'wailing and gnashing of teeth' coming from the extremes.

Perhaps, this example( and others like them) are that "still, small, voice" we all need to pay more attention.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

a reply to: IAMTAT
That's beautiful thanks for sharing. There is still hope then? Maybe.

There is ALWAYS hope, Peeple.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is a world of duality folks…when are we going to realize that

Whenever you see evil very close to it is good

And whenever you see good close to it is evil

Whatever comes into this world will have its face of duality until whatever causes corruption and suffering is eliminated

Great thread and thoughts IAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 22-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My mothers husband's 17yr old nephew is here from Saudi Arabia, he is here for school. I met him last weekend and he is a nice kid. During our conversation he asked me if I go to church or knew anyone who attends catholic mass..he really wants to go and see/experience the different religeons..no preconceived notions he just want to take it all in. I thought it was kind of cool.
Great story OP.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join