It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hazmat team responds to Texas soldier, who fought ebola in Africa, found dead in yard

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is just now lighting up on Twitter, with early reports just coming in, and details available only from one source so far. A small neighborhood near Fort Hood is on lockdown after one of the soldiers deployed to fight ebola in Liberia was found dead in his yard.

CBS News source

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
This is just now lighting up on Twitter, with early reports just coming in, and details available only from one source so far. A small neighborhood near Fort Hood is on lockdown after one of the soldiers deployed to fight ebola in Liberia was found dead in his yard.

CBS News source

Dead in his yard? I wonder if he self-quarantined and panicked at the last minute, ran outside and died there. What an odd story.

I would think he would have called in symptoms or something to someone there....that or missed his duties at some point. Odd that someone would just die in their yard like that.

edit on 1/13/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

It should be noted that no diagnosis has been made yet as to what killed him. The solider could have died from malaria for all we know.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wonderful. I was reading one of the big news conglomerates today at work. I can't remember if it was FOX, MSN or CNN and I found an article about how an epidemiologist in Africa was aghast at the difficulty of control. They simply can't track the cases, you see. They can't track where the sick people were to try to find out where they had gone and with whom they might have come into contact.

It reminded of all the arguments in here over why it was so important for people who might have been exposed to simply stay home for 21 days. Then, you don't have the headache of tracking them should they actually get ill.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It should be noted that no diagnosis has been made yet as to what killed him. The solider could have died from malaria for all we know.

No, there is no way to tell, but at least the soldiers were put on mandatory quarantine. So if the worst is proven true, he should have simply been at his home.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm honestly surprised this has made the news, given the complete lockdown on reporting about Ebola since the Administration appointed an Ebola czar. I really hope the timing of his death is just a coincidence. My condolences to his family.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, I'm not worried about this escalating at all. Well escalating physically, no telling how the msm would escalate it.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It looks as though it broke on Twitter first, then the local news jumped on it -- probably hoping to get their small-town affiliate some national network air time. The only news source covering it is relying on a handful of pictures that came over Twitter.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

From the article:

According to a release from Fort Hood, the soldier recently returned on emergency leave and was under established guidelines to self-monitor himself twice-a-day and report his status to medical officials.

What was the emergency leave? Was he ill or was it something else?

Seems if he was ill, they would have placed him in the hospital.

Killeen Daily reporting same story.
link
edit on 13-1-2015 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

The worst nightmare would be if he had it super-virulent and it took him down that quickly. Then what if THAT spreads?

Pass me the tinfoil ...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
They obviously know something that they aren`t telling us,why else would they send a hazmat unit?

if you see someone lying in their yard you don`t automatically assume they are dead or that they died from something that requires hazmat. people would usually call an ambulance,even if the person died from Ebola the EMT`s won`t know that so they wouldn`t call hazmat.

edit on 13-1-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

They knew he'd been in an ebola hot zone and his apparent death was within the time of infection? Reason enough for caution. They may even have known he had contact with an infected individual.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I hate to say it but that crossed my mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Maybe he saw something over there he shouldn't have

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
Maybe he saw something over there he shouldn't have

Or he saw things in a plague zone that just broke him. Imagine what they might have seen. It wouldn't be like a war zone.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What's missing is info on the daily phone monitoring they *surely* must have been doing. If he felt worse and began to show symptoms, let's hope they were making arrangements to hospitalize him and found him outside when they came for him. Otherwise, we don't even want to go there, do we?

RIP to him and condolences to his family and friends.
edit on 13-1-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
His name is SPC. Ilesanmi. Just 24 years old.

Condolences to his family, friends & co-workers.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: kosmicjack

It looks as though it broke on Twitter first, then the local news jumped on it -- probably hoping to get their small-town affiliate some national network air time. The only news source covering it is relying on a handful of pictures that came over Twitter.

Relying on Twitter to do you reporting? THAT always goes over well...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

From the article:

According to a release from Fort Hood, the soldier recently returned on emergency leave and was under established guidelines to self-monitor himself twice-a-day and report his status to medical officials.

What was the emergency leave? Was he ill or was it something else?

Seems if he was ill, they would have placed him in the hospital.

Killeen Daily reporting same story.
link

Emergency leave usually is due to a personal problem, like death in the family or divorce or severe problems with the kids, etc. If there was a medical problem or psychiatric problem, he would have gone to the hospital, so you are correct.

I'd guess suicide due to some sort of personal problem at first glance.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

They sent a HAZMAT team as a precaution because the guy was supposed to be in 21 day self-quarantine. They are just following SOP's.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join