It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Targeted in ‘Shutdown’ Campaign

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yawn... Here we are, again, on a conspiracy website, arguing over the virtues of left vs right leaning propaganda. It only goes to show how many people, both left and right leaning, think the conspiracy only exists in their opponents views. Propaganda has done a masterful job of dividing people in the US, as well as other countries, into overlooking the things that should make us unite and fight together to abolish.
The lack of objectivity and over abundance of bias is what makes true journalism the dead dinosaur that it is, especially regarding television news and most radio news. We've witnessed the bastardization of politics, foreign policy, finance, journalism, economics, the constitution, law, and yes, civil liberties and still we point fingers at each other as though only the person or people being pointed at have any culpability, as opposed to uniting and bring the ruling class to its self serving knees.
Personally I think anyone watching any MSM without contempt is missing the bigger picture. Fox entertainment news gets what it deserves for pedaling bigotry guised as American excetionalism and even more hilarious as fair and balanced news.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: xuenchen
The target is the New York Post and possibly FoxNews, but not limited to those.

Unless they were to protest evenly ... FOX and MSNBC and NY POST and NY TIMES ... it's meaningless. If they just go after the right, then they are nothing more than hypocritical left wing mercenaries and worthy of derision.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 12/27/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yeah there is bias and scripts on both sides of the media...msnbc is shameless left wing and all of that.

But... Fox news just takes it to a whole other level of stupid. Hannity? LOL Coulter? and then you tie in talk radio with Prager and Savage and Limbaugh and it's almost criminal....Horrible.

Fox news and talk radio are for stupid people. It's that simple.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So these misguided young people and foolish adults feel stopping free press is the answer.........Take a good hard look and ask yourself if this is the right way to fix things.

Maybe the message they are putting forward is so weak they have to stop any other message.......Are the leaders not seeing this is the message they will put forward. Progressives always go after the messenger and not the message itself. Because in reality the message the progressives are putting forward is a recipe for failure of the epic kind.

What do the leaders of occupy really want........Communism......Fascism........Anarchy.......What. If it is any of the ones I listed history has already shown it will fail. If they really wanted change for the better they would be demanding we follow the constitution again. This is something that would cause real change for the better.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: amazing
But... Fox news just takes it to a whole other level of stupid. Hannity? LOL Coulter? and then you tie in talk radio with Prager and Savage and Limbaugh and it's almost criminal....Horrible.

And MSNBC doesn't? Al Sharpton. Rachel Maddow. Chris Matthews. Ed Schultz. Mika Brzezinski. Olbermann and Brashier .... A whole other level of stupid ... it's almost criminal .. horrible. Same/same.

Unless these protesters make an even handed run of it, they are just hypocrites.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Probably a publicity stunt by the NYPost and FoxNews, both taking advantage of recent events to drive readership/viewership even higher.

Internet "sources" are becoming a joke. Anyone can say they're anyone and get something viral in two seconds flat, blaming the "other side."

Internet self-directed pograms...hmm...when you can't buy that much publicity or gain that much sympathy any other way.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Could be an exercise in controlled opposition.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yep. Not like that's not happening more and more. Makes it kind of hard to believe or trust anything. And that in itself could become an even sadder state of affairs.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Probably a publicity stunt by the NYPost and FoxNews, both taking advantage of recent events to drive readership/viewership even higher.

Internet "sources" are becoming a joke. Anyone can say they're anyone and get something viral in two seconds flat, blaming the "other side."

Internet self-directed pograms...hmm...when you can't buy that much publicity or gain that much sympathy any other way.

You are good and yes you might be 100% correct. If they are doing crap like this they are playing dangerous games. If I was the patsy they are using I would set the record straight and fast.

Trouble is the patsy does not have a clear agenda and when this happens others will use you for everything you are worth. I also wanted to add......Bravo for looking at all the angles.
edit on 27-12-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Thanks and right. And the patsy doesn't often have access to the same media perpetrating the illusions. And anyone who tries to tell the truth gets shouted or shut down or made to look insane pretty quick too.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Thanks and right. And the patsy doesn't often have access to the same media perpetrating the illusions. And anyone who tries to tell the truth gets shouted or shut down or made to look insane pretty quick too.

You are correct again and I really do love the way you see things.....Really I do. It is hard to see what is behind the curtain and you just pulled it back a little I believe. Like I said before if you are right and I believe you just might be they are playing dangerous games.

Occupy leaders should set the record straight if this is true.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well there's a dilemma there too. Like Anonymous, Occupy doesn't really have leaders per se. That makes it even easier to pin the blame on them for just about anything and harder for them to organize a response. More curtains.

edit on 12/27/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Well there's a dilemma there too. Like Anonymous, Occupy doesn't really have leaders per se. That makes it even easier to pin the blame on them for just about anything and harder for them to organize a response. More curtains.

Yep without leadership and a clear message they are ripe for the picking. The other side has leaders and a very clear sustained message being transmitted 24/7/365.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
They are all controlled by the same puppet masters. Feigning outrage at one network over another is just what 'they' want.

Keep the worthless eaters busy with 'their' FAKE choices of left or right spin, and pointless arguments over which is worse, the # in my left hand or the # in my right.

Keep enjoying your illusion of choice.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Why not go further and go after all the alphabet MSM? After all going after only Fox, one of the only of "that side"-all the same these days anyway playing side, is going to make the other side look awfully suspicious causing more divide and conquer. Let the memes fly huh.
edit on 27-12-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Fox is probably just taking advantage of the recent viral outrage over the contract negotiations they're having with Dish (I think it was Dish). Just my take,

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Fox is probably just taking advantage of the recent viral outrage over the contract negotiations they're having with Dish (I think it was Dish). Just my take,

And what better way to boost ratings and gain support than an enemy you can point at and lay blame around. Sadly we will probably never know 100%....... but my gut tells me you are right.

I would not put it past them they employee men like Bill O'reilly. He is a liar and fraud of the highest order. The poor fools the eat his crap up will suffer from constipation of free thought.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Man, you are singing my song. Protesting Fox is just an attempt to impose some sort of totalitarian control of the media and yet, its a media no one trusts or even watches anymore. I used to watch Fox, (for the leg show) but as you note, lately it's just a parrot of the MSM party line. So...I don't watch any of the national news chains except CNBC. They are at least interesting. For wold news, I watch Aljazeera. But they've got major issues as well, although they do seem to try to air both sides of a problem...sometimes.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Good point, wouldn't put it past 'em as they would take vantage likely due loss in viewers and ratings/ needing that divide and conquer for attention(when most know they are much of the same anyway).

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
I bought a SmartTV as our family Christmas gift. Out of the box it blocks Fox News, Ducky Dynasty, The Kardashians, and The Real Housewives.

What brand is that? I want one!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join