It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could God have created the universe in 6 days out of light?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
When you look at things like Quantum Realism which says the classical universe is virtual and it's the by product or output of information being processed on a quantum level.

It basically predicts if the universe is virtual then light should be able to create matter. There's an experiment that will be looking into this.

www.rawstory.com...

Imagine in the future if we could hook up a matter creator to a 3-D Printer, you could essential create a gold watch out of matter that didn't exist until you CREATED IT.

Now, let's look at the first verses from Genesis.

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

So it's easy to explain.

In the beginning, God Created the Heaven and Earth. (information)

These are the plans for the universe God's building. This would be similar to the information we would create to print a gold watch.

Once you have this information, then all you need is light.

So over 6 days the Heaven's and Earth that was created (information) then manifested from the light. So 6 days and billions of years is just relative to the observer. So God or the Elohim saw the universe (information) they created processed and brought forth from light in 6 days and the beings in this universe see this occurring over billions of years. Again, billions of years doesn't have any objective existence, it just the way we observers on earth keep track of events.

So in the future, we could hook up a light to matter converter to a 3 D printer, we could create a universe that fits into the palm of our hands.

The beings inside this universe would would see the universe as vast even infinite if thats the information we want to govern the universe we created.

This could actually point to reality being the output of non physical quantum processes computing vast amounts of information and if an advanced civilization could hijack or piggyback onto this computation there's no limit on how man "things" it could create because matter would be no more than pixels that illuminate the information that's being processed.
edit on 24-12-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The ''six days'' ''Elohim'' etc are all biblical constructs and therefore the constructs of man /human.

The machinations of the first physical atom /structure is as yet knowledge unreachable by man/human.

Only a small part of the 'story' is currently known by man/human so it is not a possibility for such comprehension.

The bible and other 'spiritual' attempts at explaining the nature of reality are man/human constructs/ interpretations and as such are corrupt. However the fact that most touch on there being an 'all powerful / unknowable' creator behind it is probably apt.

Stay tuned.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Could God have created the universe in 6 days out of light?

The Universe is infinitely big so has always been around.

If you want to know how long it takes to terraform an earth, I'd like to know that, too.
edit on 24-12-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
IMO, the digital reality is activated, the giant on button on the giant shared organic, plasmic, warm to touch, computer and holographic universe, quickly, and we call that explosion of electricity and light the big bang.

We're like simulations within simulations within simulations, holograms, within holograms, within holograms, as above so below. Higher Ups just pushed the on button to the virus vault training school computer. Its like honey I shrunk the kids, only a sliver of our consciousness and spirit is a ghost in the machine trying to match the mature Love and Goodness of without, to get out.
edit on 24-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I agree with you on the indifference of time through God's perspective, 6 days perceived by us humans could have been 1,000 years per God's day or 1,000,000 per God's day we don't know and can't until after this life that kind of perspective is above 3 dimension and even higher. Now on creation of matter from light I also concur, I believe this possible as well and probably way further along than we think in terms of DARPA advancements kept in mil sector. But yes small experiments will soon verify this on very small levels and it will be found frequency(sound(the word)) will be crucial in stabilizing the abnormal light honeycomb patterns needed to hold light into crystalline(which holds the information you talked about above ironically(heaven and earth))at this point the light now semi matter is now basically a program(semi-light crystalline) and a processing operation(the light energy itself with combined word(sound,frequency) runs its programmed course and becomes your desired programmed chosen matter type(enter _________ your thingy you want to create).

Awesome little mind twister thread here Op congrats and Merry Christmas to all and God bless everyone in Jesus name Amen.

edit on 24-12-2014 by BlessedLore because: Forgot a small part in the last sentence.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Father in Hebrew is Aleph Bet. What do letters of the Alephbet write with light? Word.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

Hidden in the Letters of Hebrew

Physics of Genesis

Quantum Current Flow

Many of my other threads outline this in more detail.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's actually really interesting to be able to demonstrate this theory through physical experiment.

Idk about God and 6 days. Don't expect real answers from the solid Christians, because if it sounds legit they'll say "See God said so" and if it doesn't sound legit they'll say "Well this is God we're talking about so you can't take it so literally!" If you're actually trying to find scientific explanations for some of the stories, I think you're headed in the right direction. Eventually you'll be able to drop the crutches altogether, perhaps. We're pulling for you

Maybe someday energy/matter conversion will be a real thing. Wouldn't that be something?
edit on 24-12-2014 by TheBlackTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Could He have created it in six days? I suppose yes, but He didnt. God created the universe in an instant....maybe out of light, I draw alot of elements from the Electric Universe theory.

In the begining, God created the heavens and the earth. Then the earth became desolate and void, and the heavens dark....just as it will be at the Second Advent. The desolation was probably caused by Satan's revolt. Then, God restored the heavens and earth in 6 days so that man could dwell on it. Its called the Genesis Gap theory.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

If you use the bible as your example, then you have to also remember this and apply the same logic...right?

2 Peter 3:8

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
KJV

Ok now fast forward to what I think , we can't create anything, supposedly the Universe was nothing, then from within the mind of the creator, the thought became word and action, then light from darkness.

Man in the material world can at best only be considered a transformer, transmuter or alchemist, he cannot create matter, therefore he will never be a true creator or god as one might think.

We live in 2 to 3rd reality, the material world, man is constantly fooling himself into thinking that he can create things, he cannot, the confines of material reality are the bounds of his workings and abilities, the creator is outside of those bounds, actually fully unbounded.

Now back to the original question of the OP's post, can light create matter, hmmm? if you would like to equate light to GOD maybe, but see, GOD created the light and we honestly have zero clue if this is the same light, that we as humans perceive or are aware of...think of this, we do not fully understand cosmic radiation, you have to think that the sum total of what is needed to actually create matter would be very harmful possibly impossible to harness, the other issue is if and I say if, man did create matter the fear that some might have is that it could cause some chain reaction if this particular matter was not fully compatible with the so called "big bang" or God created matter, antimatter if you will, this is something that we cannot know or really have an experiment, and again, my thoughts are that if man could create matter, it would possibly be his demise.

I think that we look to CERN and programs like that to help find answers, but CERN is also bounded by universal laws and the material world, planted here on planet earth, the question is can the created create, can the watch create a watchmaker ?
edit on 24-12-2014 by phinubian because: added more info

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
If so than god was a very twisted .. drunk game developer .. world needs a reset .. or further beta testing to get rid of the bugs ..

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
No because he created then later said let there be light.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
No,..............and I mean no............
That is all childrens stories to make you behave....

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What is the meaning in "a day of God"? Strictly symbolic or influenced by other cultures and/or older religions like Hinduism or pre-Vedic religions? We know that there were cultural exchange between Mesopotamia (Iraq today) and India at least about 2,000 BCE (1,400 years before the Bible was written), so perhaps they mean a day in the life of Brahma (God)? What does the hindu scriptures have to say about the length of a day in the life of Brahma:

A kalpa is a single daytime period in the life of Brahma, the creator god. Two kalpas are a day and a night of Brahma.
Each kalpa is composed of 1,000 maha yugas. A kalpa is thus equal to 4.32 billion human years.
Source

, so it is clear then that according to the hindu scriptures a day for Brahma (God) is 4.32 billion human years. Six days and nights of Brahma would then be 51.84 billion human years.

-MM

edit on 25-12-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

By definition, an omnipotent creator could do anything, including create something from nothing in no time at all. I mean, your light hypothesis is an interesting idea, but why would an omnipotent being require light to create something? And there's really no indication that he was using light as a raw material in the rest of Genesis. If anything, the implication seems to be that light (and therefore dark) were created to mark the passage of time, as in Genesis 1:3-5:

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

and again in Genesis 1:14

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.

edit on 25/12/2014 by iterationzero because: Edited for clarification.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Perhaps you should elaborate or explain, define what is the deep.... also the waters...(the 2 terms underlined above)

I think that the DEEP & WATERS are terms for the pre-Quanta (nothingness) which then become manifest as Quantum energies/particles/Quarks and such...which in turn propagate matter/atoms/elements that then make a physical, material universe which we can sense

so light is just a byproduct rather than a creation force to my thought process
edit on th31141953202125272014 by St Udio because: clean up post

You should be looking or seeking just what the DEEP & WATERS are.... those seem to be the creation forces
edit on th31141953214425292014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: iterationzero

The bible was written for primitive, simple minded people in a story telling manner. It's only hard to understand when modern people are trying to make it fit into their reality, they know it doesn't work so they have to dissemble and contrive a fit. Having to look further actually means giving a different meaning to the actual words. A believer could find 'god's message' in car repair manual.
Anyone who gains an understanding about the origin of the universe through their religion has done so through mere belief. They don't actually know regardless of the strength of their conviction.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I'll ask one question not as an answer to a question.
Does what we as humans see as impossible, ever
happen? There is only one answer to both questions.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: iterationzero

First off, your question about why would an Omnipotent Being need... makes no sense. I never understood these types of questions. Who are you to say how an Omnipotent Being can or cannot use these things He Created?

If you look at Genesis God Created 3 times. Verse 1, Verse 21 and verse 27.

The Hebrew term used is bara which means create or fashion.

We bara or create on a much smaller level. This is bringing into existence something new out of what has already been created.

So someone had to bara a car or bara a TV. So a TV set didn't exist before it was created but the materials existed and the human mind bara or created it. When a person starts a business they're bringing into existence something new and they use what has already been created to fashion their new idea. A storefront, HTML or Java to build a new website.

So again, it makes no sense to say what an Omnipotent Being can or cannot do.

Why did God have Jesus be born through a woman and go through pregnancy and childhood when he could have just poofed Jesus into existence because he's an Omnipotent Being?

Just because he's an Omnipotent Being doesn't mean he never acts within the laws he created.

In my personal view, we all share in the essence of the Creator. God experiences his creation through us.
edit on 25-12-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Hi,

It's an interesting viewpoint. I agree that numbers and figures are relative and depend greaty upon the observer's physical and mental limitations. Our perception therefore could never reach the singularity of the origin (I.E. infinity).

Let's assume our Universe started with a computer-generated system and was indeed created in 6 days...how would the transition from the "virtual world" into the "physical world" have occurred? From a quantum perspective that doesn't matter, but from the biological side it does.

Unless we all agree that we perceive reality being made of biological structure because of how our mind has been programmed. Even in this case it wouldn't matter, for the only way to look on the other side would be to "unplug" ourselves...which is what we call death.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

First off, your question about why would an Omnipotent Being need... makes no sense. I never understood these types of questions. Who are you to say how an Omnipotent Being can or cannot use these things He Created?

By definition, a being of unlimited power needs nothing. Can you explain how an omnipotent creator would still be omnipotent if he needed something? An omniscient creator may still need something to create with. But an omnipotent one? If you claim that he needs something to create with, he ceases to be omnipotent.

The Hebrew term used is bara which means create or fashion.

We bara or create on a much smaller level. This is bringing into existence something new out of what has already been created.

So someone had to bara a car or bara a TV. So a TV set didn't exist before it was created but the materials existed and the human mind bara or created it. When a person starts a business they're bringing into existence something new and they use what has already been created to fashion their new idea. A storefront, HTML or Java to build a new website.

No, the word bara is only applied to God and doesn't mean create in the context you're trying to us it. Near Eastern deities didn't create matter, they caused a specific probability to be reality by assigning a function to what was being named or created. So when God created "heaven and earth" (an idiomatic expression meaning "everything"), he is doing so via creations of roles e.g. when he creates man and woman, he is doing so by assigning those roles.

So again, it makes no sense to say what an Omnipotent Being can or cannot do.

Exactly. Any by suggesting that an omnipotent being requires something, that's precisely what you're doing -- putting limitations on that omnipotent being.

Why did God have Jesus be born through a woman and go through pregnancy and childhood when he could have just poofed Jesus into existence because he's an Omnipotent Being?

Just because he's an Omnipotent Being doesn't mean he never acts within the laws he created.

As opposed to obeying the laws he created in a fickle manner?

In my personal view, we all share in the essence of the Creator. God experiences his creation through us.

In my personal view, there's no evidence that there is a God, much less one that created everything we see around us and a set of natural laws that he may or may not choose to follow at any given moment.
edit on 25/12/2014 by iterationzero because: Screwed up some quote tags.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join