It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper facing life in prison... because there's a gun on his album cover

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Sounds crazy right? Well, it's true.

Duncan faces 25-years-to-life on gang conspiracy charges

Prosecutors will reportedly look to prove that the album art "willfully promotes, furthers, or assists in any felonious criminal conduct

He has no criminal record. Nothing in his lyrics say 'go out and commit a crime.'... ...yet they are holding him liable for conspiracy

"We're not just talking about an album of anything, of love songs," Campagna reportedly told the judge in court. "There is a revolver with bullets" on the album cover

Duncan is currently in county jail in lieu of $1 million bail, with his trial reportedly set to begin December 4. If convicted, he faces 25-years-to-life in prison.

Source

From another source, here:

However, there's a little used law in California that allows for the prosecution of gang members who benefit from crimes committed by fellow gang members. Prosecutors argue the rapper benefited from the shootings because his gang gained status, which gave him more street cred, which then allowed him to sell more records

Alright, so this guy is a gang member. Some of his fellow gang members committed a string of shootings. This guy however had no involvement; but because of the fact that he belongs to said gang, he is facing life in prison because the album of his cd has a picture of a gun on it.
Just... absolutely ridiculous. I like how the prosecutor had to accent the fact that not only was there a picture of a gun on his album, but there were bullets too. Oh gosh, the horror! This is what you get when your country turns into the out of control politically-correct prison capital of the world.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Also, who's idea was it to put the gun on the cover, probably not his, but whoever the producer is. He probably doesn't have much control over that kind of stuff. I don't know, maybe he is his own producer, I'm sorry I don't even know who he is, but I know how the music industry used to work.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
No criminal record? They have absolutely NO case. I guarantee it will be dismissed. Of all the real crimes they could be fighting and solving, yet they feel the need to waste taxpayers money on a dead end case like this...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This country of mine makes me sicker and sicker every day it seems.
What's next? The thought police? Careful what you think, they'll getcha!

What was that movie where they would arrest people for what they may do in the future given their thoughts? I think that's the gist of it. Was it Minority Report? I THINK (and don't quote me) that Tom Cruise was in it? I think?

Yeah, this country is just rolling downhill fast all in the names of control, rule, money and greed.

In before: if you don't like living here, move.

Believe me if I had the funds, I would. I'd so be outta here. Usa is just awful.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

"That gang" refers to the San Diego Lincoln Park gang, of which Duncan is a member, according to San Diego police. According to the Times, at least 15 Lincoln Park gang members have been charged in a recent string of shootings in the city.

Well, you don't become a member of a gang without participating. This sounds like it's about more than just the album cover.

The Lincoln Park gang are Bloods. If he really is a member he's likely committed plenty of felonies, perhaps even involvement in murders. I don't think anyone would be fooled into thinking you become a Blood without participating.

I suspect there is more to this that will come out in the trial.
edit on 11/22/2014 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Well thats absurd.

This is why the left is losing. Its just, absurd.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You could be right about that, I don't know much about it, but that makes sense.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The Mozambique flag has an AK47 on it . Many Bond films have guns on the promos . The list could go on . One would imagine if they are after this guy that real crime must be way down . Kind of comforting in a way , but kinda sorta very stupid .

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
No criminal record? They have absolutely NO case. I guarantee it will be dismissed. Of all the real crimes they could be fighting and solving, yet they feel the need to waste taxpayers money on a dead end case like this...

The fact that this would even be seen by a judge is pretty disturbing though.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

"That gang" refers to the San Diego Lincoln Park gang, of which Duncan is a member, according to San Diego police. According to the Times, at least 15 Lincoln Park gang members have been charged in a recent string of shootings in the city.

Well, you don't become a member of a gang without participating. This sounds like it's about more than just the album cover.

The Lincoln Park gang are Bloods. If he really is a member he's likely committed plenty of felonies, perhaps even involvement in murders. I don't think anyone would be fooled into thinking you become a Blood without participating.

I suspect there is more to this that will come out in the trial.

Yeah, thats the kind of thinking we DONT need in this country.

Guilty by association ? I dont think thats how it works, and I pray to god you dont work in the legal department.

People who dont know how gangs work shouldnt just speculate for the worse.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This goes way deeper then any of that. Watch the nat geo gangland about linkin park bloods... This guy did the same thing those rappers In Atlanta did. He got to big.. Gloated publicly.. And the prosecutor was forced to take him down over pride or pressure from someone or whatever.

In the Atlanta casethey got a billboard or something that was gloating a new cd that the prosecutor had to drive by everyday... Pissed him off good.. He took care of that. Same in this guys case he claims all kinds of nonsense if it's the guy I think it is.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Duncan faces 25-years-to-life on gang conspiracy charges

Prosecutors will reportedly look to prove that the album art "willfully promotes, furthers, or assists in any felonious criminal conduct

He has no criminal record. Nothing in his lyrics say 'go out and commit a crime.'... ...yet they are holding him liable for conspiracy

"We're not just talking about an album of anything, of love songs," Campagna reportedly told the judge in court. "There is a revolver with bullets" on the album cover

Duncan is currently in county jail in lieu of $1 million bail, with his trial reportedly set to begin December 4. If convicted, he faces 25-years-to-life in prison.

Source

From another source, here:

However, there's a little used law in California that allows for the prosecution of gang members who benefit from crimes committed by fellow gang members. Prosecutors argue the rapper benefited from the shootings because his gang gained status, which gave him more street cred, which then allowed him to sell more records

Alright, so this guy is a gang member. Some of his fellow gang members committed a string of shootings. This guy however had no involvement; but because of the fact that he belongs to said gang, he is facing life in prison because the album of his cd has a picture of a gun on it.
Just... absolutely ridiculous. I like how the prosecutor had to accent the fact that not only was there a picture of a gun on his album, but there were bullets too. Oh gosh, the horror! This is what you get when your country turns into the out of control politically-correct prison capital of the world.

What the hell? That is so horrible. Why must society be so PC? Its album art for god sakes. There are plenty of rock and metal bands that have guns on their label art. It just doesn't make sense as if you do this to one artist then you must do that for all artists.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Put this bloke away for this then you get obedience from the rest through fear. Do you see what they're doing?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I actually have no problem with this. He belongs to a gang, he runs with criminals, he does benefit. America has a gang problem, as far as I am concerned willfully joining a gang is enough. If you join a group that robs banks and you drive them around you are participating in those crimes. If you join a gang, that exists to conduct criminal activity, you are participating in those crimes.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd
What the hell? That is so horrible. Why must society be so PC? Its album art for god sakes. There are plenty of rock and metal bands that have guns on their label art. It just doesn't make sense as if you do this to one artist then you must do that for all artists.

OP mislead you. It's not about the album art. It's about the fact he is a gang member, and his gang is killing people, and the more they kill people the "harder" they are, and the more money he makes.

He is literally profiting on the death of innocents and he does it intentionally.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

No it isn't. But the album cover will, no doubt be attempted to be entered by the prosecution whether or not it is relevant. The case does not hinge on it. There is, I'm sure, more evidence than that.

Prosecutors are invoking a state law put in place by voters in 2000 that has not been used until now. It allows for the prosecution of gang members if they benefit from crimes committed by other gang members, the station reported.

www.washingtontimes.com...

It's a conspiracy (in the legal sense, not the ATS sense) rap.

edit on 11/23/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Have you looked at these communities recently?, the last thing they need is more street life glorifying-rap. I hope they prosecute him and all the others, for whatever they can. Yeah, he's a gang member and a rapper, but he's a gentle soul.

Your civil rights energy would be better expended elsewhere. The sooner we can rid the US of street thug culture, the better. Hell, we should have ridded ourselves of that culture through vigilantism a long time ago. Your bleeding heart is robbing your brain of oxygen and your open mind has allowed what remained of it to fall out.

Gang member rappers can all burn or rot, good riddance.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

It'd be ridiculous to convict someone on the basis of their lyrics and/or cover art. Guns can be legally owned so why shouldn't they feature on DVD, books or album covers? He raps about shifting coke and standard hood shenanigans that we've heard for years in rap.

The DA must have something up their sleeves to take such a drastic action. Otherwise it looks like they don't have the ability to acquire strong evidence and need to make stuff up to prove their conclusions.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Yeah, he's a gang member and a rapper, but he's a gentle soul.
Hear that one quite a bit. He's a good boy, but those ones he goes around with...

Still, the prosecutor will have to prove his case.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Agreed. Simply belonging to a gang should be a crime. They are criminal/terrorist groups.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join