It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Women Are Seen as Sex Objects More Today by Men.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Not all women...
But a large number do bring this on themselves.

When women are happy to be on Page 3 of The Sun with their Mammory glands hanging out in a pair of knickers...
When women are happy to make music videos where they dress in next to nothing while shaking their behind...

Well there's only one reason for that.
It's sexual.

Put some clothes on and read a book.
I'm sure even the women of ATS agree that there is only one reason why those types of women do what they do.

Maybe they're nymphos

I do not deal with any religious issues and always viewed the world around me as an agnostic so that makes things a bit clearer to me.

I believe that age plays a part in this for both men and women, how they view others who are proud of their appearance. I always remind myself that it is me who is changing, getting older etc. and to me once you hit you mid 30s it is time to reel it in and dress more.

I remember very clearly being in my early 20s and i dressed to get attention. Now?

The society you grow up in plays a part of it and i grew up in a very free society. One thing i always remember was a guy on a job telling me, i was very young then, many years ago and it stuck with me was "dont worry about what others do, worry about what YOU do". It is hard sometimes though as humans are very self centered and thinks it all revolves around them.

As far as the OP goes, i have not noticed much difference.
edit on 19-11-2014 by Harvin because: Spelling errors

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You don't know the first thing about me, so don't presume to. I don't f*** for looks, and frankly, your attitude is a huge turnoff. You think you're God's gift to something.
edit on 11/19/2014 by Spruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Ah I see you're saying ugly women only object to objectification because they can't use it to their advantage, but pretty women don't object because it's useful. I think that's a massive generalisation.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

Good for you. You're not a man then? Because men are visual sexual beings...
And when you are answering, no I enjoy the mind more than the body: How does it bother you then when women are showing their long legs? Since you're so different then all the other males....

@wilsonwilson: okay. sorry then. what's your opinion?
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Spruce

Good for you. You're not a man then? Because men are visual sexual beings...
And when you are answering, no I enjoy the mind more than the body: How does it bother you then when women are showing their long legs? Since you're so different then all the other males....

General statement unworthy of a response. Take more psychology.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The general idea is men can't think of women as people if they show too much flesh, and that this is somehow the woman's fault?
I think men in general are better than that these days.
I do think here in the UK though that things like the page 3 girl needs to go. It's ridiculous to have a pair of boobs out in a national newspaper.
edit on 19-11-2014 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
To be honest, and reading some of the other posts, i never made a deal about promiscuity as much different between a male and a female aside from the dangers involved with a female. My feeling is that being overly promiscuous is usually a mental disorder.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin
To be honest, and reading some of the other posts, i never made a deal about promiscuity as much different between a male and a female aside from the dangers involved with a female. My feeling is that being overly promiscuous is usually a mental disorder.

I view it more as a personality flaw.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Women are still sex objects. There are men that hide it and swear they don't see women like that (pitty those fools) those that don't try to hide it and play the field till they get too old for the game. Once you are married you are committed, as I am, but I never miss an opportunity to elbow my wife and point at an incredible rack. I'm a pervert but I'm cute so I get away with it and I don't hide what I think.

If people are honest with themselves and their spouses, relationships would be stronger and both sexes can be who they are without trying to hide it to appear civilized. I feel bad for women that as they get older their husbands start to stray because she is putting on weight and gravity is taking it's toll. It wouldn't be so hard on her if there was not that shock of betrayal that she is now abandoned while her husband is out with younger, thinner things. If he didn't spend their whole relationship lying to her about her being the one and only forever and for all time, she wouldn't have been so shocked and betrayed.

Am I rambling now?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Remember when Paris Hilton, ooops! wore no underpants, and got into a tall suv with paparazzi present? Then (accidentally) Lindsey Lohan did the same thing a few days later, and poor Britney Spears had the same mishap within the same few weeks? No nickers? Smiling at the cameras?

Then all these "wardrobe malfunctions" started happening?

Of course all the girls wanted the attention. They wanted what happened to happen. They are exhibitionists.

Any girl anywhere could do the same thing. We don't. 99% of women don't do that. (except for the non-celebrity exhibitionist.)

Oh, Early women stayed nearby the home-site, cave, or whatever, because she had too. There were babies to suckle, and little ones to look after. It was mandatory that she stay home, and run out for small "gathering" gigs, while the males would be gone for days at a time, hunting. Sometimes weeks.

The reason was not to "stay home and keep the male's cave clean". lol.

In today's society, the marriages are ones of equality. If not, it's because it's not wanted for some reason or other. They both work inside and outside the home. They both have equal say in the structure of the marriage.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

However if you want to be seen as more than sexual put some clothes on and do something intelligent.

Anyone can take their clothes off...
It's not a miraculous thing.

Well, I'd counter with what I do or do not wear and when is not for you to judge or even comment on and has no bearing on my intelligence anywhere but in your judgmental mind. Clearly even the thought of people with their clothes off does something to your intelligence. So whose issue is that really?

link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Spoken like a true adolescent.

link   

I just don't think what women believe about this issue is dictated by how they look themselves.

link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I disagree truth. I think we still need each other now,
more than ever. I know I certainly do need a woman.

We affirm that sexuality is God’s good gift to all persons. We call everyone to responsible stewardship of this sacred gift.

Source

edit on Rpm111914v33201400000019 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

(post by Peeple removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce

Spoken like a true adolescent.

Mid 30's. Been with my wife 12 years. Too real for you?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Still pondering.... I just am not sure that men see women as objects more today than in the past?

I mean, I started a thread about it once, but the male mind seems (to me) to objectify. Not only others, but himself.
The masculine view pulls towards objectivity- towards the external, appearences, the physical and material objects, what things (or people) are.

Women seem (again, to me) to be more pulled towards subjectivity, relativity, relationships and qualities of things (or people).... what people feel, think, or do, rather than *what* they are.

I'm not finding any real knowledge of a time when women were not objectified by men? There were times they were considered not much more than animals, or possessions.

I found, in the thread I started, that my point of view is rather unpopular among this crowd... I pretty much accept that men start out this way when they are looking at a woman. That seems normal. In engaging with her, in a relationship, he discovers there is more to her than that form he observed. No?

Women too, start out reading all kinds of qualities and psychology in guys, and as the relationship progresses, learns that whatever he is inside, it doesn't necessarily mean that is what will determine his actions and his way of relating.
She can guess that he has a high sensitivity, and need for affection, and vulnerability that is touching..... but if he protects that sensitivity by being in denial about his feelings, being arrogant to guard his vulnerability, and has learned that the only medium of affection possible is sex,
Then it doesn't matter. All that good stuff she saw in him at first is absolutely irrelevant, if it is not being expressed and lived by him. She learns to be more objective.

We start to learn this stuff from each other in adolescent relationships, and the growth continues (perhaps for life).
We help each other learn to appreciate and balance objectivity and subjectivity within ourselves (and all that other yin-yang stuff we each have to bring to the table...)

I guess I don't mind that men are....well, men. I think it is too bad if women do not see their role in relation to men as anything more than bait, in order to get ...... wait, what it is it, women go to men for now, according to this hypothesis?

Because they are still attracted to and getting involved, and getting married to men- so there must be something they need from them (even though protector, provider, procreation is no longer a necessity)?

link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
The general idea is men can't think of women as people if they show too much flesh, and that this is somehow the woman's fault?
I think men in general are better than that these days.
I do think here in the UK though that things like the page 3 girl needs to go. It's ridiculous to have a pair of boobs out in a national newspaper.

Unfortunately sex does sell things and MSM and corporations exploit these, as I call them genetic imprints to their benefit.

I my personal standpoint women who are intelligent, take care of themselves, and are confident are much more of a turn on for me than a women trying to sell sex appeal.

But will I look at a beautiful women if she is dressed up and walks by? Without a doubt

Do women typically look at a well dress man? I would wager the answer is the same

We all objectify the other sex, it how we judge each other, it's how we chose life partners and it's the way that nature taught us to pick for reproduction.

The words would be "Selective discrimination" base on physical characteristics for the survival and well being of the future off-spring.

Women want equality which is fine, but as per this thread, it does appear that women choose their partners just as men do.

So in essences would this not be women seeing men as sex objects?

link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Mid 30's. Been with my wife 12 years. Too real for you?

No, too juvenile.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Are you saying you and your wife have an open sexual relationship, or that when you are older you will. When you want to be with someone younger?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join