It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution is a farce: Evidence

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

Being open-minded is about the willingness to consider new ideas. That doesn't mean the willingness to accept any old idea without supporting evidence (or even outright refute by the evidence we do have). The word for that is "credulous". In fact, it would be incredibly closed-minded to entertain and/or accept refuted ideas (like the ones you propose) simply because they are emotionally or philosophically comforting instead of accepting the evidence as we know it.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
I've been debunked? I won't look into the other side?

Dude. I was fully on board with you guys but a mere 3 years ago. Don't be so ignorant to think I haven't ever looked into the theory of evolution. I don't agree with your theory, get over it.

If this were true for valid reasons, you'd acknowledge all the logical fallacies that you argue under. The only way I see this statement as true is if you believed it blindly without researching it like you do Creationism. It's easy to change your mind if you aren't intellectually invested in the topic.

It's a theory.

SEE! This is what I'm talking about. You say the "it's a theory" statement like because evolution hasn't been definitively proven that somehow invalidates all of it, not to mention you've misused the definition of theory again. That is supremely disingenuous. I guess gravity isn't real either. After all, it's only a theory too.

Don't expect me to try and combat your faulty science when the tools used to back it up are often fraudulent or simply not science. You guys gobble it all up because it's all based on a false premise you hold dear. Whatever you hear that backs it up you'll love it, whatever you hear that proves it wrong you'll bitterly fight against it using your false tools to try and win your battle of who is right.

This shows a gross misunderstanding of science. Again.

Really you are battling with yourselves, because deep down you know evolution theory FAR from answers the mysteries surrounding the origin of our species. Giants exsisted whether you believe it or not. Don't be so naive.

Of course evolution is far from answering the mysteries surrounding the origin of our species. Evolution doesn't speak to the creation of life only how life changes over time. Again, this is why I don't believe you ever really understood evolution even when you did believe it as real. I can see why, by not fully understanding it, you can put it on the same level as religion (no evidence) and make it look like there is a belief structure setup around it.

The funny thing is, if I am right, you guys would indeed be clueless. I'm sure at least a few of you will realise one day. I hope so at least

The funny thing is that you are wrong and you were apparently right beforehand (though obviously for the wrong reason).

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: zandra
Let’s be open minded and accept for a while some of the ideas from so called pseudo scientists like Erich von Däniken and his followers, but also from Sitchin and so on: There once was a civilization on earth that knew already everything about the things that our geniuses are inventing at this very moment.
Nanotechnology, genetic engineering, and all other technologies we probably will hear about soon. Also about paranormal contacts between humans, reading of mind frequencies etc.

Why should we be open minded towards them? Sure they present some interesting hypotheses, but the way they do it is all wrong. They present a conclusion then look for evidence to support their theories. That isn't science. It is religion disguised as science. As for your comment about a previous civilization, where is the evidence? Where did this civilization exist and why can we not find any evidence of it?

Let’s accept there once was a civilization on earth that is completely perished but that left us some knowledge only a few people know about. Of course that few people are highly gifted and know very well how to use the hidden knowledge. They give some geniuses some pieces of that knowledge and let them do their thing. (The story would be too long to continue on this issue.)

Let's accept this? Why? Because you said so? Sorry that isn't good enough. Show me the evidence of this previous civilization with all this knowledge.

If you want to know what I believe read www.evawaseerst.be... (the red dots are in English). And especially read the chapter about human engineering in ancient times.

And this is why no one will take you serious. Your "evidence" is an opinion blog (and not even a really good one) that doesn't source its material and just makes grandiose claims without backing it up. That isn't being open minded. That is being gullible.

But to go further and don’t forget to be open minded (if you’re not, please give it a try only for a while): don’t you think that Jurassic park really could have existed? Steven Spielberg maybe also is one of the geniuses that got a little knowledge from our real rulers. With a film you can reach the great mass. And once we will have to know the truth. So maybe it’s better to do it with a great film.

Are you saying that Jurassic Park is real? Now you are going off the deep end. There is a difference between being open minded and believing in lunacy. Also, many people who discount pseudo-theories don't do it because they aren't open minded. They do it because there is no evidence. Open minded people consider all possibilities then follow the evidence to the likely conclusion without letting any of the possibilities sway their mind. THAT is how you are open minded.

To make a long story short (you can always read the site above): Genetic engineering existed long ago. Making dinosaurs could not have been a great problem for our creators. Yes creators, because we are created. Creationism is the only explanation for a living creature like the human being.

So where did the creators come from? How did they get into the universe?
edit on 22-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
The internet is a free country dude. People can keep posting in this thread as long as they like about whatever they like. Whether they agree or reach a conclusion or not. That's the whole point of this site?

If it has gone on this long then there is still obviously something to talk about. Maybe you guys will realise how wrong you are one day and you can look through this thread to address your past ignorance and arrogance.

Just a thought.

there is nothing to talk about. at this point it is merely a contest to see who can get the last word. everything that can be said without getting banned has been said ten times already, and well on its way to twenty.

we cannot make you believe or accept or acknowledge anything regardless of how true it is and you are capitalizing on that fact. there are some people here who are having difficulty accepting that and moving on. so here i am informing all of the participants that you fully intend to perpetuate this stalemate until the sun dies or you do.

from this point onward, it becomes painfully obvious that anyone who continues to participate is either supremely bored or desperately procrastinating. because neither side of the fence is going to back down a single millimeter.

with that, i am now sincerely and truly washing my hands of this thread and shall commence deleting its existence from my memory banks. i strongly advise that anyone who is not permanently confined to a wheelchair and/or devoid of capacity for a social life do the same. toodles!
edit on 22-12-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: zandra

Believing in something outlandish that has not been substantiated by anything resembling science is not the same as keeping an open mind. What it is, is being gullible. Your closing sentence, that "Creationism is the only explanation for a living creature like the human being." Not only is this statement straight up wrong, it also demonstrates that you do not keep an open mind. Very hypocritical.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The most common "dinosaur" we find in our time is the crocodile, which was around since the time of the dinosaurs.

Evolution is a scientific principle. It seems that you can't tell the difference between science and religion.

Belief that the Earth was created in six days 6,000 years ago is even more ludicrous than most beliefs. There is a ton of archaeological evidence to prove that mankind built cities and other impressive monuments way before that time. The literal translation of The Bible is down to ONE person figuring out how long all the "begats" took in Chronicles, based on a regular life span.

However, as we know from other passages in The Bible, regular life spans apparently weren't what they are now, if we take The Bible literally. Abraham apparently lived to 175, Noah apparently lived to 950.

Taking one regular generation as each of the "begats" seems to be massively flawed idea, given the teachings in the rest of The Bible.

Using the idea that The Earth is only 6,000 years old as a basis for your knowledge is ridiculous.

Yes, there have been human footprints found in the same sediment as dinosaurs, and there have also been tools found in rock strata dating back billions of years.

It just points to a massive coverup in the archaeological record of a civilization in the distant past, or possibly time travellers, but don't disprove evolution, and certainly doesn't prove the "God built the Earth in six days" theory.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So I will just try to bring everyone up to speed as to what is really going on here. And BTW, it looks like Iteroanzo was correct, the times line of one of the visions is not matching up with the removal of our ability. This can only mean a few different things. Perhaps we have the sections dated wrong in the bible, or perhaps not all people got the punishment, or perhaps other people were brought to Earth after the punishment. If the ladder included any females, it knocks the whole understanding as to why our Eve MRCA is still showing as the one we are inbred from.

Anyhow. So even if Itereo was right about all 118 of them, which I know hes not cause I know I looked at some of them. There are still only hundreds of points to explain as only being a coincidence.

The reason why I know Itereo is wrong, and that I'm understanding the punishment correctly is because the mere definition actually includes it within it.

Full Definition of PERCEIVE
transitive verb
a : to attain awareness or understanding of
b : to regard as being such
: to become aware of through the senses; especially : see, observe
— per·ceiv·able adjective
— per·ceiv·ably adverb
— per·ceiv·er noun

So I was dead on. God actually included the comparison of keep seeing but not perceive because he wanted it to be clear we would be losing our second ability to see.

To bring everyone up to speed, in terms of what I have been able to extrapolate, this is how things are....

There is an abundance of life in the cosmos. Sometimes those planets would include humanoid species. In a lot of ways these humanoids would be similar to us, but in some ways they would be different. For example, they would always fit the standard humanoid description of one head, two eyes, a mouth, a nose, two arms, and two legs. Keep in mind this is not a golden rule, just whats common. I can think of one species that doesn't have a mouth.

All humanoids come equipped with what we know to be Supernatural abilities. There are two sections for these.

The first is what you would consider to be "Primary Abilities." What this means, is there are basic abilities that are commonly shared amongst all humanoids. The only one I'm aware of at this time, is what we would refer to as "Telepathy." I'm not sure if Telepathy is Simplex, Duplex, or multiplex, or even if it's private between two in a crowd. I also don't know the typical range, as these abilities are wireless of course and do have a limitation of range as extrapolated in the bible.

The next section you would call "Secondary Abilities." These powers are Proprietary per species. If one species for example has the ability to set a humanoid on fire with an ability, they would be the only species with that ability. It's unclear how many second abilities we get to have, but between humans and gray aliens which we know a lot about, I can safely say that we have at least three, possibly five secondary abilities.

As an example, humans prior to their removal of such, had Remote Viewing, but also the ability to send visions or images. Obviously a complementary set. We also had the ability to be privy to any Telepathic messages within a vision. So is this two or three?

We also had Telepathy prior to the tower of Babel. But remember that's a primary one.

Some humans have had a weak ability to move things with their mind. Psychokinesis. In the bible, Jesus was able to walk on water, and Moses was able to part the seas. These are good examples of them as well. It's highly suggestive we had levitation in one of our abilities. Unfortunately today, the only examples are included with anyone that is claimed to be possessed, but that doesn't mean it's still not possibly a disabled ability. There are reports of people floating while sleeping, and climbing up the sides of walls. One evangelist suggest that poltergeist activity is coming from the subject and not a ghost or spirit. It's like one of our disabled abilities is glitching. A program I watched about a psychic was not only able to reveal 5 dark spirits, clearly meaning trouble, but also revealed to the homeowner that she has a poltergeist, and that she may not know this, but those energies actually come from HER.

Gray aliens abilities...

Telepathy of course.
The ability to read minds (or in other words, hear your prayers,) just like God.
The ability to be invisible, just like God.
The ability to cause sleep paralysis just like God did to Adam in Genesis.
They also have the ability to control your emotions to the point that they can cause you extreme pain during an examination, and leave you feeling like it was all good and for a good cause, even though you got nothing out of it.

God was renamed "The holy ghost, and the holy spirit" after the tower of babel. He removed our ability to Transmit Telepathy, but we can still receive. He did this so he could still have communication with us to control us. This is also why you hear people that get abducted claiming the aliens were talking to them via Telepathy, it's because we have always had the ability, it's just that our Transmit is disabled. God knew this would work in his favor because he still had the ability to read minds or hear our prayers. Reading minds is INVASIVE, in comparison to Telepathy, as you don't have to give permission to send that information, God just plucks it from your brain. So we still had two way communication with these aliens. We still do to this day, and they know it.

From an estimated 3.7 million abductions in America ALONE, about half are claimed to be from gray aliens. Clearly they are using us for what ever they want, and they know we are defenseless.

I have been able to identify WHO placed Adam and Eve on this planet, I'm just unsure exactly as to why. Some reports I have read are claiming that Gray aliens have very sickly mtDNA and are using us for birthing stations. It is a common report, women getting impregnated by Gray aliens. If any of you recall the recent post about the three parent baby, there you go. Scientists are doing it for the exact same reason. On a rare occasion humans have sickly mtDNA which can cause horrible birth defects usually resulting in death.

edit on 22-12-2014 by josehelps because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: josehelps

Cool story, bro. Write a science fiction novel about it, write a screenplay, but don't discuss it here. It's off topic, it's incorrect, and nobody here cares anymore. You've had 5 years to come up with proof. You haven't done it. Like we've been saying, there's zero evidence for 1) god existing, 2) aliens existing, 3) the bible being true, and 4) supernatural powers existing. AKA your theory holds zero factual basis. Please move to a different forum, you're wasting your time here.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

This belongs in the Above Top Secret forum, not in a thread discussing evolution (especially since you didn't back up anything you said with evidence). None of it has any relevance on evolution.
edit on 22-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
a reply to: iterationzero
I was thinking the same. The ideas might not be exactly the same but the posting styles are very similar. It is an evolved "itsthetooth".

So, any response to my post?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Why yes indeed neighbor you have been totally debunked. There is no evidence you or your fellow deniers have posted to show evolution is a farce. Given you posted a dodgy as hell youtube video as your evidence, and it used Nessie as a main part of the evidence. I think we can call this Myth, debunked.

You are having a terrible time with posts of late too. I mean having a thread closed due to you being overly aggressive. You really need to learn logic, and critical thinking before engaging into these things.

So I'll ask for the umpteenth time: What evidence do you have for evolution being a farce. Not a youtube videa. Actual evidence that will pass the logic tests

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

So aside from talking down to anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion, and calling everybody wrong with zero evidence to support your viewpoint, do you have any counterpoints to offer or evidence to present?

Who cares if evolution answers the mysteries about the origin of the universe? Gravity doesn't answer that one either, but it's still a fact based on legitimate science. That doesn't make it wrong by a longshot.

Still using the old cliche "it's just a theory" proves you have never studied evolution at all. Gravity is just a theory as well but you don't see us all floating up into space. It's real, scientific theories cannot be based on false premises by definition.

I understand what you believe, but none it proves evolution wrong, even if giants were real. You are arguing against the wrong concept and relying on ignorance. You should be fighting abiogenesis or panspermia, not the theory of modern synthesis.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You spend an awful amount of time using dictionary definitions to try and prove something. Yet you never seem to quite get there. Indeed you seem to be stuck in the "high school" method for forming an argument as opposed to critical thinking, and logic. Indeed you have yet to coherently form an idea in this thread. It would be amusing if you were not so obviously oblivious to the fact.

You quote a lot of "numbs" too. Numbs are false metrics which can not be proven. "Estimated 3.7 million abuctions in America alone". Source please?

Next you vacillate back and forth with the "three parent baby" thing. First "I did not mention aliens" now .... you mention aliens.

Esentially, not only is this way off topic for the thread, its not particularly on topic for anything much in this part of ATS. Perhaps go start a thread in the Alien abduction bit?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Here I thought he mistakenly posted in the wrong forum when I was reading his gobbledygook but it seems I was wrong and somehow (I am not sure how) he thinks that post was pertinent to this thread.

I just have one word for that..... Cabbits.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yeah it really worries me that he appears to think that what he is posting, shows evolution is a farce (or makes any sort of sense). I mean I am actually open minded, I'm a Neopagan Druid, I believe in things that would be considered "not usual". But I don't try to shoe horn it into every thread on the site

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

In hopes that josehelps does not answer, because I lose IQ points every time he does, I'll answer your question for him regarding the 3.7 million americans being abducted..

In 1991, Hopkins, Jacobs and sociologist Dr. Ron Westrum commissioned a Roper Poll in order to determine how many Americans might have experienced the abduction phenomenon. Of nearly 6,000 Americans, 119 answered in a way that Hopkins et al. interpreted as supporting their ET interpretation of the abduction phenomenon. Based on this figure, Hopkins estimated that nearly four million Americans might have been abducted by extraterrestrials. The poll results are available at this external link: Abduction by Aliens or Sleep Paralysis

It goes without saying that there are numerous issues with this..

However, critics have argued that there were significant problems with the poll's methodology which should invalidate the results. Writing in Skeptical Inquirer, psychologist Susan Blackmore notes that based on her analysis, "I conclude that the claim of the Roper Poll, that 3.7 million Americans have probably been abducted, is false."[12]

The four million is extrapolated from the fact that two per cent of the respondents reported certain experiences. Yet they did not report abductions; they simply answered "yes" to a number of questions about sleep paralysis, sensations of flying or leaving the body, seeing unusual lights and finding puzzling scars on their body. This does not add up to having been abducted.

Comedically ironic is that most of the people josehelps uses to back-up his claims actually completely contradict them, to which he is painfully unaware. An example is Dr. Persinger, who he keeps referencing in regards to his neuroscience studies. As it turns out, Dr. Persinger's research has led him to argue that alien abduction experiences, religious experiences, and other types of mystical experience can all be induced in a laboratory by over-stimulating the medial temporal lobe, suggesting to him that a great deal of 'alien abductions' can be attributed to over-active neuronal firing, very similar to hallucinations that occur as a sequelae of seizures..
edit on 22-12-2014 by kayej1188 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yeah it really worries me that he appears to think that what he is posting, shows evolution is a farce (or makes any sort of sense). I mean I am actually open minded, I'm a Neopagan Druid, I believe in things that would be considered "not usual". But I don't try to shoe horn it into every thread on the site

No, but you shoehorn plenty of other stuff around the site.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

It would be great if the OP could make some counter points to evolution in his own words and not speak through dusty old YouTube videos. I know he believes he has but that is incorrect. Claiming science uses faulty tools is not a counter point unless he can show how and why they are faulty. The "it's a theory" "counterpoint" is ridiculous as well. There is no integrity or intellectual honesty from someone who does not engage in discussion about their claims. Nor someone who thinks the "other side" waves away his "evidence" out of their own ignorance and love of worldly things. He mistakenly believes that we don't care about the truth. He thinks that if there was some solid evidence proving evolution false we would all ignore it because evolution is our religion (wrong).

I pray the OP can come up with a new post, using his own words and research to back up some of the various claims he has made. I think a good place to start would be with why the tools science uses to study and support evolution are faulty. Maybe he can debunk a couple key points of evolution. And DISCUSS those points with people.

It would go a long way to show he actually understands the subject like he claims.
edit on 12-22-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

HR got back to me you have got that promotion
Watch out disinfo agents about lol.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kayej1188

Comedically ironic is that most of the people josehelps uses to back-up his claims actually completely contradict them, to which he is painfully unaware. An example is Dr. Persinger, who he keeps referencing in regards to his neuroscience studies. As it turns out, Dr. Persinger's research has led him to argue that alien abduction experiences, religious experiences, and other types of mystical experience can all be induced in a laboratory by over-stimulating the medial temporal lobe, suggesting to him that a great deal of 'alien abductions' can be attributed to over-active neuronal firing, very similar to hallucinations that occur as a sequelae of seizures..

Noticed this since I and some others pointed out several pages back that he totally own-goaled himself with one of his 'sources'.

No acknowledgement (and likely no comprehension) from him of course, he just keeps plowing on with the non-stop buffoonery. Wouldn't want to break his stride now, would he?

There is a certain purity to that kind of blind pig-ignorance you almost have to admire..

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join