It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Admits Its Gold Is Gone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Suggest you look into bilateral trade China provides Equipment to Russia and on return takes stocks or merchandice. It's a way to hide company debt and avoid state taxes. In other words easy for oligarchs to hide assets and debt from investors. Your really not proving your point at all. In fact quite the opsit and China is trying to reduce there bilateral trade part of the reason there backing out the deal with Russia saying now it was a loan.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: rickymouse

The gold went to the US...

Source

You know that was a rumor started by a Russian bloger and repeated on zero hedge. Shown to be false first at the time of the claim it was 1.8 billion in gold. cant load that onto one plane and would take months to arrange. Second gold doesnt move gold certificates do. Banks never ever transfer gold mostly because of the time and expense involved. And why bother when ukraine can issue gold certificates from the gold vaults. If they were going to transfer gold anywhere for use in the European market it would be Poland they could ship it by rail in one trip.

China do not buy gold certificate but ship it physically.
www.zerohedge.com...

South Africa can airlift gold from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), in New York.
qz.com...

The BRICS are up to something with gold and FED cannot send the German gold to Germany.

The whole it cannot be done argument is false. If it happened or not is another story. It do fit the pattern in other countries.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Im guessi g the gold is in the same places germany is.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

the moment that gold was shipped to US, i knew it was gone for good
edit on 18-11-2014 by WineWithIce5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

what makes you beleive that the USA has any gold reserves?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I think its clear where the gold went and it didn't went to Russia.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

So in your world the US spends 5 billion to take 1.8 billion in gold yeah that makes sense.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

So in your world the US spends 5 billion to take 1.8 billion in gold yeah that makes sense.

you actually believe those figures?

I suppose it wouldn't make sense to you then.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I would check Moscow. Chances are yanukovych took it when he plundered Ukraine's finances as a shill for Moscow.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

You are missing one important thing here. Gold has real value whereas dollars are just paper and may become worthless at any moment. I'd say 5B worth of paper for 2B worth of gold is a fair bargain, (assuming those numbers are accurate) especially if you suspect a huge devaluation of the dollar is coming in the future.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm thinking they were better off allied to Russia. Where did the gold go? I bet it didn't leave the country, some is probably in the personal pockets of the people running the new government. The rest is payment to some officials of other governments to help the new government seize control.

I guess I have been watching too much Hollywood. But I think the heads of government do too, that is probably where they get some of their ideas.
Remember the C-17's bringing supplies in? They were also loaded up before they left. Know we know what was on themThere goes the Gold!
edit on 20-11-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
So we can now wait for Ukraine its economy to collapse, and lets see if the West is going to come up with the money to pay for all of that. With the gold save in the United States the Ukrainian people are now at the mercy of the IMF and have been condemned to modern slavery.

And as some will claim, Ukraine is a sovereign country and its citizens were able to choose their own destiny of being raped by the West and left to rot for many years to come.

You really think the gold made it to the US?

Perhaps it did. After all, Germany wants their gold back, so we need to get it from somewhere, since we don't have it any more. I don't know where all of it went for sure, but I don't think any of the major stockpiles of gold exist any more.

aHEMagain

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Hmmm. That plane was rolling very heavy on it's wheels.

aHEMagain

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: aHEMagain

We got it...

Gold Repatriation Stunner: Dutch Central Bank Secretly Withdrew 122 Tons Of Gold From The New York Fed

Source

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I would check Moscow. Chances are yanukovych took it when he plundered Ukraine's finances as a shill for Moscow.

He just carried a few tons on his back?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

He wasn't the only person to flee to Russia. Russia has been hoarding gold like mad lately. Its easy enough for Russia to take the gold while blaming the west.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

He wasn't the only person to flee to Russia. Russia has been hoarding gold like mad lately. Its easy enough for Russia to take the gold while blaming the west.

Except the OP has provided some evidence that it was the US that took it. I thought you were all about sources and facts? Do you have anything to back up your assertions?
edit on 21-11-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Except the OP has provided some evidence that it was the US that took it. I thought you were all about sources and facts? Do you have anything to back up your assertions?

I am...

Zerohedge is not a reliable source.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I am...

Zerohedge is not a reliable source.

No no no. I didn't say bash his source. No source that disagrees with you or the government you represent is reliable

I meant provide a source that shows that Putin took Ukraine's gold. You've screamed at people to use sources and facts not opinion so how about you take your own advice. It shouldn't be hard to find a source since literally 99% of western media supports your viewpoint since they are proud propagandists.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyBgood

Your missing one thing I can use paper to buy gold. Can't really take that out of the equations. Without currency gold is just a Shiney metal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join