It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plagiarism In The Bible

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The problem wasn't God so much as who God had chosen. That's why the Muslims, Mohammad, evented a fake religion and wrote himself up real good. This problem is about race and tribe.

Some of you folks in here trying to defend......forget it. These folks are sadists masquerading as truth seekers. You will be burnt at the stake! They are no better than catholic Spanish inquisitors. They are the only reason I consider that man may have indeed descended from apes.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I can't watch videos sorry.

a reply to: TKDRL

So then we are shifting the discussion to religious corruption (which really isn't that offtopic, since the topic is technically a form of religious corruption). Now the question becomes, why doesn't god protect his believers from corruption? Why does he allow the unfaithful and evil into positions of power in the religions that are supposed to worship him and lead the entire congregation or even the entire religion astray? Again this seems like a rather easy thing for god to accomplish. Not to mention it would go a long way to keeping his followers happy, while continually reaffirming his existence for the non-believers.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You know something Krazy.....you just owned the thing. You know that there are real deal christians. I am not going to make excuses for these fake fools anymore than you would and probably feel the same as you do about them. They are known as "weeds" the thorny sort and will be pulled up out of the ground at a certain time. Sometimes I think Gods meaning was to put them there to dissuade certain from the truth.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Same reason that there isn't one anti war protest going on in America today under Obama for doing the same thing that the country did under Bush.

Gitmo was the worst thing EVER under Bush. Now, under Obama, it's cool.

The bible isn't Obamacare, it doesn't force you to sign up. It only suggests

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Jenisiz

The only sources mentioned in the link from your op was this.

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors: Christianity Before Christ by Kersey Graves, and The Christ Conspiracy, and Suns of God: Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled by Acharya S.

I want citations from ancient documents and the estimated dates put forth by actual scholars. The books listed above amount to theosophical prapaganda.

I don't think ATS would even allow me to quote an entire book. For someone claiming to be in the know, you're most definitely not if I have to break open old books and retype word for word.

Word for Word snip - Zoroaster was born in 660 B.C. into the Persian Spitma family. His mother, Dughdova was a virgin who conceived after a "shaft of light" had visited her. It is also interesting to note that Zoroaster's paternal linage is traced to the Persian Adam, Gavomart, similar to Jesus' paternal lineage being traced to Adam by Luke - The Popular Encyclopedia of Apologetics

And to everyone asking for more proof...what more proof do you need other than the fact the Church is responsible for destroying thousands upon thousands of religious manuscripts in the Library of Alexandria? Most of which predated Christianity.
edit on 14-11-2014 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

go ahead and look them up. google is your servant. propaganda my rump.

The burden of proof falls upon the person making the claim. Quoting an article that is based on a few conspiracy theory books is hardly proof.

I can quote the bible for my points, and can even provide dates that the scholarly communty accepts.

Where in Buddhist literature does it say that he entered the temple at 12 years old? When was this literature written?

This should not be a monumental task. Either the evidence does not exist and the OP is beating around the bush, or the OP simply doesnt know what she's talking about and is relying on hearsay.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

He entered teachings up until 13. He was trained in a manner of different fields and was married at 16. Check out the sacred texts. And again, you continuously focus on only one of dozens of similar accounts. I can also show you quote after quote after quote of proof where items were modified.

Word for Word snip - Zoroaster was born in 660 B.C. into the Persian Spitma family. His mother, Dughdova was a virgin who conceived after a "shaft of light" had visited her. It is also interesting to note that Zoroaster's paternal linage is traced to the Persian Adam, Gavomart, similar to Jesus' paternal lineage being traced to Adam by Luke - The Popular Encyclopedia of Apologetics

Expand your mind, visit the library and approach the religious section without the hindrance of your false sense of truth.

Thou shalt not kill. Thou shat not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

Above sound familiar? I'm sure it does...and it's from the "Book of the Dead"...not Moses or the Bible.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well, Isaiah prophecied the vrgin birth of Jesus in the 700's BC. I wonder where the Zoroastrian's got their idea?

Im not asking for whole books, just a few verses every now and then would be nice.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Well I see it as no more fake than any other religion.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The actually Library of Alexandria was destroyed to cover up the fact that Christianity pulled it's sources from much much older texts and claimed it to be their own. Several scholars have stollen scripts to preserve the truth so several stories are scattered and broken up, but manuscripts can be located. 10 commandments were stolen for example from the book of the dead.

You find it interesting that Moses isn't mentioned once in Egyptian Hieroglyphs? There is ZERO mention of what the Bible claims occurred in Egypt even happened...so on the flip side, I should ask for proof of this right? And quoting the bible isn't going to work, I need a source.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

You know something Krazy.....you just owned the thing. You know that there are real deal christians. I am not going to make excuses for these fake fools anymore than you would and probably feel the same as you do about them. They are known as "weeds" the thorny sort and will be pulled up out of the ground at a certain time. Sometimes I think Gods meaning was to put them there to dissuade certain from the truth.

But then they end up wielding insane amounts of influence over the people looking to connect with god. That doesn't sound like a test, that sounds like a big "F you" from god. How are you supposed to become equipped to fight against these people's lies if you can't trust the people who are supposed to be guiding you to god? This has clearly been going on since Christianity has been invented, so that is 2000 years of perversion of what the message was supposed to be, and not ONCE has god come back and straightened the Christians back onto the right track. That to me tells me that god, if he exists, doesn't love us like all the claims. At most all I feel from said god is indifference, and at this point, he might as well not exist.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Those are perhaps the worst analogies I've ever read. Please keep politics out of religion discussions. Both of those two topics by themselves are nasty enough as it is without someone like you combining them.
edit on 14-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I like how you changed the subject there, real smooth, but Ill play along.

All civilizations have common moral laws: no stealing, murder, lying in court, adultry with a married person, etc. You have only proven that the Egyptians were a race of humans living on earth.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I've actually been saying it since the OP, it's just individuals continue to harp and query about one thing. I provided links to 10 figures the Church "borrowed" from, but only 2 are being even remotely discussed. There are dozens though...but I'm aware, most are ignorant in this regard and only know of maybe 1 or 2. Again, I'm not busting out books, you can easily google anything about Buddha and see. I provided you a link of the 10 that sums it up, yet you want more sources? Since when did we have to continuously provide more and more sources from neutral sights? Oh yeah, when they don't fit your ideology.

Yes, the Egyptians were a race living on Earth that just so happens to have the exact same commandments of Moses? In addition, there's more proof the Egyptians exist than Jesus and Moses...you care to prove that either Jesus or Moses exist outside of the bible. ******If I remember correctly, Jesus not once writes a single passage...ever wonder why? Because he was merely a borrowed idea.******

And going along with that...since there's more proof of Osiris existing (Being that Egypt's history and accounts are much more extensively chronicled and literally "set in stone", unlike the ever changing bible), is it safe to assume you'll agree that the similarities of Osiris...who supposedly predates Jesus by such an amount as he was already in history BEFORE Moses...that it was a borrowed story?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Here are 99 negative confesstions from the Egyptian Book of the Dead. The list is so long, its hard not to find overlap.

1) I have not committed sins against men. 2) I have not opposed my family and kinsfolk. 3) I have not acted fraudulently in the Seat of Truth. 4) I have not known men who were of no account. 5) I have not wrought evil. 6) I have not made it to be the first [consideration daily that unnecessary] work should be done for me. 7) I have not brought forward my name for dignities. 8) I have not [attempted] to direct servants [I have not belittled God]. 9) I have not defrauded the humble man of his property. 10) I have not done what the gods abominate. 11) I have not vilified a slave to his master. 12) I have not inflicted pain. 13) I have not caused anyone to go hungry. 14) I have not made any man to weep. 15) I have not committed murder. 16) I have not given the order for murder to be committed. 17) I have not caused calamities to befall men and women. 18) I have not plundered the offerings in the temples. 19) I have not defrauded the gods of their cake-offerings. 20) I have not carried off the fenkhu cakes [offered to] the Spirits. 21) I have not committed fornication. 22) I have not masturbated [in the sanctuaries of the god of my city]. 23) I have not diminished from the bushel. 24) I have not filched [land from my neighbour's estate and] added it to my own acre. 25) I have not encroached upon the fields [of others]. 26) I have not added to the weights of the scales. 27) I have not depressed the pointer of the balance. 28) I have not carried away the milk from the mouths of children. 29) I have not driven the cattle away from their pastures. 30) I have not snared the geese in the goose-pens of the gods. 31) I have not caught fish with bait made of the bodies of the same kind of fish. 32) I have not stopped water when it should flow. 33) I have not made a cutting in a canal of running water. 34) I have not extinguished a fire when it should burn. 35) I have not violated the times [of offering] the chosen meat offerings. 36) I have not driven away the cattle on the estates of the gods. 37) I have not turned back the god at his appearances. 38) I have not committed sin. 39) I have not committed robbery with violence. 40) I have not stolen. 41) I have not slain men and women. 42) I have not stolen grain. 43) I have not purloined offerings. 44) I have not stolen the property of God. 45) I have not uttered lies. 46) I have not carried away food. 47) I have not uttered curses. 48) I have not committed adultery. 49) I have not lain with men. 50) I have made none to weep. 51) I have not eaten the heart. 52) I have not attacked any man. 53) I am not a man of deceit. 54) I have not stolen cultivated land. 55) I have not been an eavesdropper. 56) I have not slandered [no man]. 57) I have not been angry without just cause. 58) I have not debauched the wife of any man. 59) I have not polluted myself. 60) I have terrorized none. 61) I have not transgressed [the law]. 62) I have not been wroth. 63) I have not shut my ears to the words of truth. 64) I have not blasphemed. 65) I am not a man of violence. 66) I have not been a stirrer up of strife. 67) I have not acted with undue haste. 68) I have not pried into matters. 69) I have not multiplied my words in speaking. 70) I have wronged none. 71) I have done no evil. 72) I have not worked witchcraft against the king. 73) I have never raised my voice. 74) I have not cursed God. 75) I have not acted with arrogance. 76) I have not stolen the bread of the gods. 77) I have not carried away the khenfu cakes from the Spirits of the dead. 78) I have not snatched away the bread of the child, nor treated with contempt the god of my city. 79) I have not slain the cattle belonging to the god. 80) I have not made light the bushel. 81) I have not acted deceitfully. 82) I have not uttered evil words. 83) I have not slain a bull which was the property of the god. 84) I have not pillaged the lands which have been ploughed. 85) I have never pried into matters [to make mischief]. 86) I have not set my mouth in motion. 87) I have not been wroth except with reason. 88) I have not been a man of anger. 89) I have not turned a deaf ear to the words of truth. 90) I have not stirred up strife. 91) I have not committed acts of sexual impurity, or lain with men. 92) I have cursed no man. 93) I have not acted in a violent or oppressive manner. 94) I have not acted [or judged] hastily. 95) I have not done things to effect the cursing of [the king]. 96) I have not acted with insufferable insolence. 97) I have not sought to make myself unduly distinguished. 98) I have not increased my wealth except through such things are [justly] my own possessions. 99) I have not scorned [or treated with contempt] the god of my town.

kingdavid8.com...

See what I did there? That's called, "citing an ancient source". The Book of the Dead is available on PDF in the link if you dont believe me.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz

The actually Library of Alexandria was destroyed to cover up the fact that Christianity pulled it's sources from much much older texts and claimed it to be their own.

Several scholars have stollen scripts to preserve the truth so several stories are scattered and broken up, but manuscripts can be located. 10 commandments were stolen for example from the book of the dead.

You find it interesting that Moses isn't mentioned once in Egyptian Hieroglyphs? There is ZERO mention of what the Bible claims occurred in Egypt even happened...so on the flip side, I should ask for proof of this right? And quoting the bible isn't going to work, I need a source.

This whole thread comes down to one simple phrase/request: Cite your primary sources, please.

Mere assertion is a logical fallacy. You cannot simply state something as fact and compel us to believe it is a valid piece of information. Now, much of what you've written is utterly without support. I'm not going to buy into it at all. I've done my research; I've read "The Jesus Mysteries" and "Jesus and the Lost Goddess," along with other such books. Most of the "similarities" you/others mention are either invented from thin or air or otherwise unremarkable.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkATi

By the same token, produce the primary sources for the claims in the Bible.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkATi

Are you all not seeing the links I'm posting...for gods sake:

I've provided several links and quotes throughout this thread...I'm not going to address each comment in here requoting the previous post with sources. Scroll back or search. THIS IS ALL COMMON KNOWLEDGE. I mean you even notice how there's a missing gap between their lives? They both pop back up around 29-30. Only Buddha is better documented.

Check the Link in the OP as well. I'm still waiting for yalls sources other than the bible ***and the recockulous church biased websites***

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

The problem wasn't God so much as who God had chosen. That's why the Muslims, Mohammad, evented a fake religion and wrote himself up real good. This problem is about race and tribe.

Some of you folks in here trying to defend......forget it. These folks are sadists masquerading as truth seekers. You will be burnt at the stake! They are no better than catholic Spanish inquisitors. They are the only reason I consider that man may have indeed descended from apes.

All religions are fake. They're all made up by humans. Uh..if you're referring to scientists claiming that humans descended from apes, you are seriously confused. Scientists don't say that humans descended from apes.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: TzarChasm

go ahead and look them up. google is your servant. propaganda my rump.

The burden of proof falls upon the person making the claim. Quoting an article that is based on a few conspiracy theory books is hardly proof....

I agree. Prove that God exists and that Jesus actually lived. Testable evidence will prove the former and contemporaneous documentation will prove the latter. If you can't prove those two things, everything in the Bible is moot, plagarized or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join