It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola in Baltimore? Patient quarantined at Maryland hospital

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I would imagine at this point they don't want to disclose if the person is from West Africa or not because regardless, people will start going nuts. The general population in my opinion wants travel bans, the Whitehouse doesn't. The people who have come from West Africa have wondered all over like they're having a field day when the general population (again imho) want's quarantine of these incoming and the government doesn't. If the suspected person is someone who actually got infected inside the US and isn't involved in the health industry or from West Africa, well, the chts gonna hit the fan and it's gonna be a big pile and a big fan.

I agree. This is going to be one very big pile and one very big fan. Very big.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

when it started in west africa there was only ten at one point then as time went on thousands more got it and have died.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
]

Imo this is a public health emergency and we have the right to know where the person has transferred from, where in this country said patient has been since diagnosis and travel itinerary overseas (if applicable).

www.dailymail.co.uk... l

Hipaa.... so actually we have no rights, the patient does. As it should be.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

when it started in west africa there was only ten at one point then as time went on thousands more got it and have died.

Well West Africa doesn't have the resources we have in the US. Big difference on that one.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Here's a little more information on this patieint (not much):

Dr. Jacquelyn Duval Harvey is with the Baltimore City Health Department and says the patient flew internationally before landing at an area airport.

and......not so encouraging:

This comes as the state intensifies their monitoring of people traveling from West Africa to the US, asking those who have had close contact with the virus to self-quarantine in their homes for 21 days, take their temperatures at least four times a day and regularly update state health care workers about their condition. “What we are predicting is that there’s been a slow uptick in terms of the number of people being monitored,” Harvey said. Meaning Monday’s transport won’t be the last patient monitored for Ebola in Maryland.

baltimore.cbslocal.com...

I'm hoping for better news in the morning. This is getting ridiculous. Good night everyone.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

true, but if they don't get their a@@ in gear and put HCW'S and anyone else coming from the area in quarantine,
our resources could be overwhelmed very easily.

94% of hospitals are not equiped to handle ebloa in the U.S.

Only 6 percent of U.S. hospitals prepared to handle Ebola patients, survey shows

now tell me again they can handle a breakout.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

true, but if they don't get their a@@ in gear and put HCW'S and anyone else coming from the area in quarantine,
our resources could be overwhelmed very easily.

94% of hospitals are not equiped to handle ebloa in the U.S.

Only 6 percent of U.S. hospitals prepared to handle Ebola patients, survey shows

now tell me again they can handle a breakout.

Yeah but they also said the same thing when swine flu came about's, Ebola might be worse as far as a virus, but it's not going to spread like a plague and kill everyone. One person may get it next week, that's still low #'s considering how long it's supposedly been around.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

It can still spread here. We might not be as tightly packed everywhere but we're still in close quarters everyday. Buses, trains, waiting rooms. Shaking hands, etc.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Officials: Maryland Patient Tests Negative For Ebola

BALTIMORE, Md. - Maryland health officials say a patient who was being held in isolation at University of Maryland Medical Center with Ebola-like symptoms has tested negative for the disease.
A spokesperson for the hospital announced on Twitter Monday that the patient was, “appropriately isolated and receiving further assessment and care."

Not much info out on this one. Seems like they are either being tight lipped about it, or the media has decided to stop releasing as much info since there are increasing numbers of people being tested. Either way, I am glad this person has turned up negative.

~OkieDokie

edit on 28-10-2014 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OkieDokie

Not much info out on this one. Seems like they are either being tight lipped about it, or the media has decided to stop releasing as much info since there are increasing numbers of people being tested. Either way, I am glad this person has turned up negative.

~OkieDokie

So how many people in the US have caught Ebola and not brought it from Africa? 2 (The 2 nurses that handled Duncan). The total freak out in these threads is just crazy. Duncan is turned away from the hospital the first time while symptomatic and none of his family gets Ebola. He had contact with roughly 50 people and none, zero, zip have gotten Ebola.

How many false alarms have been reported, I counted at least 20 threads here on ATS where people reported Ebola symptoms only to be Ebola negative. Ebola is a very deadly disease but it is not very contagious. Based on what has happened so far it seems to confirm what the CDC has said that you must come in contact with bodily fluids and that you get more contagious as you get closer to death.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

BALTIMORE, Md. - Maryland health officials say a patient who was being held in isolation at University of Maryland Medical Center with Ebola-like symptoms has tested negative for the disease.
A spokesperson for the hospital announced on Twitter Monday that the patient was, “appropriately isolated and receiving further assessment and care."

~OkieDokie

Once again guys.... If a person does not want their name released. It Isn't released. It would be like if you went to the hospital for emergency HIV treatment. Do we the public have the right to know that Frank OkieDokie Wilson went into a hospital for HIV testing and treatment? Hell no. You would sue their ass. Hipaa laws apply to every patient.

This isn't a government tight lipped conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Why? From the link YOU just gave in this post:

A patient that was admitted and isolated at The University of Maryland Medical Center while undergoing tests for Ebola has tested negative for Ebola.

That's LITERALLY the first paragraph of the article.

By the way, I live in Baltimore. I'm not worried in the slightest about this.
edit on 28-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This goes right to the point of the thread I started here: www.abovetopsecret.com... There seems to be a lot of obfuscation surrounding how many/where Ebola cases are actually being told to the public.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well, that's a relief...I was getting ready to leave work or an impromptu vacation

Personally I think not releasing the name may be a good idea. Interview the infected, send in the bunnysuits ET style and keep panic down to a minimum. Nip it in the bud before those who had contact with patient X freak out. Besides you can't rely on everyone coming in voluntarily as some will be in denial and possibly spread the disease further going about their daily routine.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

~OkieDokie

Thank you for posting this! I've been in and out this morning and didn't find anything on this person.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m

Well West Africa doesn't have the resources we have in the US. Big difference on that one.

The resources are only a benefit if they are used properly.
So far, I see very little advantage due in large part to the failure of CDC leadership.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen

So far, I see very little advantage due in large part to the failure of CDC leadership.

So lets recap, since the Ebola outbreak in the US a total of 2 nurses have contracted the disease here. That is a total lack of leadership? Or is it that people here are just freaking out of proportion?
edit on 28-10-2014 by blargo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: blargo

So lets recap, since the Ebola outbreak in the US a total of 2 nurses have contracted the disease here. That is a total lack of leadership? Or is it that people here are just freaking out of proportion?

Two nurses is all the MSM has reported. Could the number possiblhy be higher? No, I believe this admin. is telling the truth. They've never lied to us if you don't count Benghazi, Fast and Furious, IRS, etc. (eyeroll)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

How about explaining how the Obama administration can issue a squelch order on ALL hospitals in the United States in regards to new Ebola patients, while letting 2 slip through the cracks. Because your tale of lies and deceit isn't adding up. Is Obama employing a secret army of CDC informants stationed in every hospital so that new cases don't go public or something?

Last I checked, hospitals don't report directly to the Executive branch of the government. Heck many are private hospitals and only report to their shareholders. So I REALLY want to know how the Obama admin would be able to keep a lid on all these unreported cases you are inferring about. You know, sometimes a duck really IS a duck.
edit on 28-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: blargo

Yes. That is a total lack of leadership. There should have been zero. They even stated that Ebola in the U.S. was a very remote possibility. For it to be here demonstrates how every decision they have made (or failed to make) allowed this to happen.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join