It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola in Baltimore? Patient quarantined at Maryland hospital

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

A suspected Ebola patient has been quarantined at a hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. The unidentified patient was transferred to the University of Maryland Medical Center at around 6pm tonight following a request from state health officials. Hospital directors would not confirm where the person was transferred from or whether they had recently arrived from abroad.

What's up with the secrecy? Why not reveal where this person was transferred from or whether they had traveled abroad? Could this be a previous Ebola patient we heard of and that subsequently disappeared?

In a memo sent out to hospital employees, read by CBS, a spokesman said: 'We have accepted the transport by DHMH (Public Health) of a potential Ebola patient for further assessment. 'They are appropriately isolated and receiving further assessment and care.' The news comes hours after state officials agreed to take on the CDC's newly-revised guidelines that advise all health workers returning from West Africa to avoid public transport and undergo daily check-ups at home.

Imo this is a public health emergency and we have the right to know where the person has transferred from, where in this country said patient has been since diagnosis and travel itinerary overseas (if applicable).

I could go on with more questions but I'd have to put on my tin foil hat.

www.dailymail.co.uk... l
edit on 27-10-2014 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
WOW, Here we go again except this time it is a mystery person. Hopefully this does not get out of control where we start hearing of 2 a day, then 4, then 8 etc., until the news media just quits reporting.

I do not understand why the mystery. Unless this is a possible person who was infected by an ebola patient such as the Dr? It may be the nurse they let go home today. It could be a public figure too. Looks like we will have to wait and see what they tell us if and when they decide.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

On 10/24/2104:

Governor Martin O’Malley announced today that Maryland health and hospital officials have agreed upon a coordinated strategy for caring for potential Ebola patients. No cases of Ebola have been diagnosed in Maryland to date. Under the strategy (1) all hospital emergency departments in the state will continue to be prepared to evaluate patients suspected of having Ebola; and (2) should a case of Ebola be confirmed, the patient would be treated at one of three designated hospitals, if no federal facility is available.

Maryland health officials, hospitals set Ebola strategy

To date, as in they thought they may have one but are awaiting results?

You know, if they weren't so damned cagey with everything we just might trust them a bit more, eh?

edit on 27-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed tag

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Nothing to add except smdh

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
we need more details..

sounds like ebola thou...

I think this week just may reveal how bad last week was...

We just need more details and information before we get to quick to judge..

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This really is suspicious because one of the first things "they" are quick to announce is that the person has just come from an ebola infected country. No such additional info with this one.

Could he/she have been bowling in NY last week?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
About midway through the report an official was quoted as saying "Ebola is life threatening and we anticipate more possible cases".
Why?

CBS Baltimore

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You know folks, I lurked here for a long time. Read many a thread about doom, war, natural disasters, govt crackdowns and the like for years. None of that ever phased me. I always knew what I had to do to train and prepare for to defend myself and those close to me.

Now a possible ebola patient is in the hospital in was born in. The hospital my family has worked in. The truth is that this worries me. Quite a bit being it's 5 minutes from me. I have no way to move from here and the little bit of prepping I have been able to do will not save me from a virus that I cannot see. It's a feeling I have never had until this moment.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sounds more like, "Someone has a fever, we don't know the exact cause, it could be anything from the airline food to a street vendor selling roadkill burgers to Malaria or Ebola. Until we know the exact cause, we are keeping the patient under observation. Though, we suspect it is more likely one of the first two"

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I would imagine at this point they don't want to disclose if the person is from West Africa or not because regardless, people will start going nuts. The general population in my opinion wants travel bans, the Whitehouse doesn't. The people who have come from West Africa have wondered all over like they're having a field day when the general population (again imho) want's quarantine of these incoming and the government doesn't. If the suspected person is someone who actually got infected inside the US and isn't involved in the health industry or from West Africa, well, the chts gonna hit the fan and it's gonna be a big pile and a big fan.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Let's hope it's another negative!

The secrecy is really weird, though.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Why are people still ranting over Ebola? If people would quit reacting and being so dramatic about it, they will shut up about Ebola.... Just like the whole bath salts thing. It's basically a shock factor.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Why are people still ranting over Ebola? If people would quit reacting and being so dramatic about it, they will shut up about Ebola.... Just like the whole bath salts thing. It's basically a shock factor.

I must have missed the story about the highly contagious 70% fatal bath salts...

This is freaking ebola, a virus we are discussing. Where do you get the comparison to bath salts.

Des

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: magnum1188

well don your mask and start shopping.

no really if your worried and thinking about having to sit it out, go out in the opposite direction of the hospital and buy what you can afford this week. do the same next. just don't go slap crazy doing it. in other words don't go all prepper. keep your wits and use common sense. use the same practices as you would with the flu and you should be all right.main thing is to avoid the risks that have been told.

P.S. for god's sake don't ride the bus.

edit on 27-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Thanks for that. Problem is that I cannot get away from the city. Now I known that the possibility of this getting full blown will take a few months. I just dont feel like I will ever have the preps to help those close to me.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: magnum1188

get with them and pool your resources. look out for one another.
if they can't pitch in any cash maybe they got a skill.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I know this is a stretch but, could this person (obvious uninformed speculation here) be a patient from earlier in the month that was sent home due to having malaria or dengue fever or whatever it was? Now the incubation period of around 21 days is up and BINGO now it is active (symptomatic) ebola?
Probably will get beat on this for being a dumb question/questions.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
I know this is a stretch but, could this person (obvious uninformed speculation here) be a patient from earlier in the month that was sent home due to having malaria or dengue fever or whatever it was? Now the incubation period of around 21 days is up and BINGO now it is active (symptomatic) ebola?
Probably will get beat on this for being a dumb question/questions.

Not a dumb question at all. And a good speculation based on the secretiveness of how ebola patients are being presented in the press now. So many waffles on their stories, one would think it's a waffle hut we are sitting in.

It could be anyone left to speculation so far. From a Duncan family member to anyone who has treated him, to someone new exposed through new cases walking the streets due to not stopping flights from the effected areas.

We are dumb struck at the ineptitude of those supposedly in charge.

Good post TNmockingbird...

Des

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

no it's not dumb, it's plane to see that the people in charge have their head up their a@@ and don't have a handle on it like they say.

unless we hold their feet to the fire and keep on putting pressure on them about it. things will continue to go the same way.

remember they have shills on here and every post is logged on google, so they Know what we are talking about. also remember that ATS has been received credits for a couple of issues being spotlighted here.

edit on 27-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: 3u40r15m

I must have missed the story about the highly contagious 70% fatal bath salts...

This is freaking ebola, a virus we are discussing. Where do you get the comparison to bath salts.

Des

Do I really got to explain the comparison I was making......Yeah it's highly contagious that's why THOUSANDS of Americans DON'T have Ebola. In fact, less than 20 people have came across it. But since you can't see the point I was trying to make, I don't expect you to understand the overreaction of Ebola. Swine flu was highly contagious....Get my point now??

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join