It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pair of possible Ebola patients at NYC's Bellevue Hospital - Both recently returned from Africa

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I am sure that the screening procedures adopted by NY airports are very extensive, most airports in the nation since the case of the Liberian man from Dallas was found with ebola have changed to the better.

Ebola Screening to Start Saturday at JFK Airport in New York

news.health.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: MrLimpet

That's a hazmat suit? Doesn't look right to me. Holy eff, will they EVER get this right?

Hypothetically if that Dr with exposed forehead gets a sudden stream of puke on his face he is toast! IIf I was Dr and I had to treat a possible ebola patient Id have a hazmat suite on full time.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So glad these fellows are dressed in hazmat suits.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I just read they do not have Ebola. At least this is what they're reporting.

NY Daily News

Update Ebola NYC
edit on 13-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I don't see where it says they do not have it?
It looks like they do not yet have a diagnosis, unless I am missing something?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Right in the title:

Bellevue Hospital says patients feared to have Ebola do NOT have the disease

'Two patients there this morning were evaluated and it was quickly determined that did not have the virus,'

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you! The entire article has changed since I looked.
Or the page was cached or something.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I walk thru times square every night on my way home from work. there are a dozen, or more, characters for kids to take pictures with (elmo, superheroes etc) several topless women (strategically painted) for grown men to pose with, chairs to sit and enjoy the people watching and, for one night at least, freakin zombies. (walking dead promotion).

NYC is nowhere as nasty, dirty, dangerous or smelly as it once was. Perhaps, our brooklyn friend, needs to come over the bridge once in a while and enjoy some other parts of this fine city.

before DeBlasio burns it to the ground.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

That's a hazmat suit? Doesn't look right to me. Holy eff, will they EVER get this right?

That was my thought along with no shoe coverings and skin exposed on the guy on the right and no goggles on either.

Let's hope that was just a poorly done photo-op and not the real deal.
edit on 13-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This one REEKS of this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur
Perhaps, our brooklyn friend, needs to come over the bridge once in a while and enjoy some other parts of this fine city.

I concur. I can recall so many sections of the City that were 'no goes' back in the 90's; Alphabet City, The Bowery, Harlem, huge swaths of the Bronx, the entire Chelsea waterfront, Meatpacking, Dumbo, etc. I would not have any issue walking around in those places now.

before DeBlasio burns it to the ground.

Gah. He is going to turn out to be the Obama of New York City. I think buyers remorse will set in much quicker with this tool however.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Crakeur

I do, 5 days a week, often 6 if I go on Saturdays. Don't school me. You live in a yuppie area, nuff said.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
And here's another.

Patients with flu-like symptoms being evaluated on Emirates Flight at Logan Airport; none of the patients have traveled to West Africa - @TedDanielFOX25

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

And this:

Maine Medical Center said Monday that the CDC has asked the hospital to hold a patient for observation as a precautionary step. Maine Medical Center said it is not a confirmed case of Ebola.

Maine Med Patient Under Observation

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I do, 5 days a week, often 6 if I go on Saturdays. Don't school me. You live in a yuppie area, nuff said.

you know where I live? that'd be a bit creepy.

if you were right.

Trying to make me look like some elitist something or other because your vision of NYC is dated by about 35 years isn't really necessary in a thread about a potential ebola case in NYC, is it?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

what if the medical mystery shoppers aren't real.

what if there's an effort by the gov't to make it look like they are sending people out there so that, with each potential case reported, the fear wanes a bit.

there are a large number of "potential" cases leaked to the press that might now not get attention because the press will start to think they're all phony cases set up to test the system.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

And trying to make me look like a tourist in a thread about a potential ebola case in NYC just because I don't live in the "better parts" and disagree with you is necessary?

Perhaps if you spent some time in the less prosperous areas of this gleaming example of a sanitary utopia you would see the things Manhattanites pretend don't exist

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur

what if the medical mystery shoppers aren't real.

what if there's an effort by the gov't to make it look like they are sending people out there so that, with each potential case reported, the fear wanes a bit.

there are a large number of "potential" cases leaked to the press that might now not get attention because the press will start to think they're all phony cases set up to test the system.

That is always a possibility, but they have been around for quite some time. Its not a new practice.

Now, the idea of them presenting with threatening symptoms-THAT is new.

But medical mystery shoppers are not.

I personally think its an attempt to muddy things up-an attempt to manage panic.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

And trying to make me look like a tourist in a thread about a potential ebola case in NYC

you did that all by yourself

just because I don't live in the "better parts" and disagree with you is necessary?

I never mentioned anything about where you live because I haven't a clue as to where you live, nor would it matter in the discussion. you said NYC smelled like deadwood, I think it was and that NYC was an ebola risk due to the filth of the city. I disagreed and, based on your apparent dislike for any part of the city that you don't live in, I think it's safe to assume that all of NYC is not some massive cesspool of filth because you seem to admit that there are areas that aren't filthy, like all of Manhattan (although it stinks where the carriages are by central park - deadwoody even).

Perhaps if you spent some time in the less prosperous areas of this gleaming example of a sanitary utopia you would see the things Manhattanites pretend don't exist

Perhaps we can talk about how queens isn't a cesspool. we can swap places to get ices.

or brooklyn, which has some incredible parks and fields although there is one near a sewage treatment plant that, if the wind is blowing right, does have an odor but the area is spotless and clean.

NYC is a small area with lots of people and, like most cities, it has clean and dirty areas but it ain't deadwood, that's for sure.

Now that we know the ebola patients aren't ebola patients, can we go back to being civil?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

panic management was what I was implying. or a general malaise towards the repeated stories that turn out to be nothing more than overworked fears.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join