It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pair of possible Ebola patients at NYC's Bellevue Hospital - Both recently returned from Africa

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted yet. If it has been ~ mods please close.

Two people with symptoms similar to the Ebola virus were taken by Fire Department ambulances to a Manhattan hospital, sources said Monday.

Both patients were picked up at a New York City address and both are believed to have recently returned to the city from Africa, the sources said.

The two — both believed to be adults — were put into isolation at Bellevue Hospital.

source[

Two Bellevue Hospital staff members wear hazmat suits to protect themselves from two people possibly infected with Ebola.

Anyone see something wrong with this picture

edit on 13-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
It's a flu !

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I hope these people test negative. We all know the close proximity of people in NYC make Ebola extremely dangerous. I really hope we wake up one day and this all turns out to be a nightmare.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
NYC is filthy, it would spread there like wildfire. Walk down the streets it's garbage, urine, feces, the smell of sewage, dirty bathrooms, dirty transportation, filthy surfaces (ATMs, money, credit cards, Average Joe's hands). NYC is like a farm, people are herded from the subway to Starbucks. It's very very easy for something like Ebola to spread. Take it from a New Yorker, DeBlasio won't do a thing, Schumer won't do a thing and the gov won't do a thing. All our advancements and the streets still smell like Deadwood 1870.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
All of these mind-frick cases make it seem all the more necessary to simply quarantine people at the source before they fly into the U.S. or STOP the flights all together.

Seriously - someone crunch those numbers. Somewhere I read that the U.S. receives about 150 people per day from the affected areas. I doubt seriously that many of them are gainfully employed, tax-paying people of the U.S. Some sure, like returning doctors, missionaries or profesionsals, etc. Others are just visitors or are trying to immigrate, like Duncan.

How much is each of these incidences of suspected Ebola costing the local, state and federal governments? How much does it cost the airplines/airposts to screen/train/clean/prep?

Versus the economic potential of flights from the affected areas?

I bet we would be shocked.
edit on 10/13/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

They won't shut the borders or restrict flights because they have to be PC.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Guess we should have helped West Africa when it was still possible to stop. If we make it through this hopefully we learn something from it. Stop playing us vs them games. We're all human.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

They won't shut the borders or restrict flights because they have to be PC.

It has nothing to do with PC this is what they want you to believe. It is about money and power this is the real reason.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

That's a hazmat suit? Doesn't look right to me. Holy eff, will they EVER get this right?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

And the money and power is dominating money and power with PC nonsense.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

That an awful lot of exposed skin on that person on the right.
Different foot coverings as well.
That's frightening if that's what they're wearing around patients.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
NYC is filthy, it would spread there like wildfire. Walk down the streets it's garbage, urine, feces, the smell of sewage, dirty bathrooms, dirty transportation, filthy surfaces (ATMs, money, credit cards, Average Joe's hands). NYC is like a farm, people are herded from the subway to Starbucks. It's very very easy for something like Ebola to spread. Take it from a New Yorker, DeBlasio won't do a thing, Schumer won't do a thing and the gov won't do a thing. All our advancements and the streets still smell like Deadwood 1870.

NYC is many things, has many problems (yes DeBlasio, I mean you) but, seriously man, you make it sound like a third world city. You clearly don't live here so I'm guessing you live in some suburban paradise and, when you do come to the city, you dread it which, to me, is sad. Yes, there's some trash on the streets (thanks global warming awarness day!) but there's trash on streets everywhere and, guess what, the majority of the people I see tossing crap on the street turn out to be tourists.

If (when) ebola does find its way to NYC, it will be a terrifying situation given the volume of people passing through the city each day.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Crakeur

I live in Brooklyn and yes it is filthy. I don't know if you can't smell it but the place is like a 3rd world country.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

If not now, then later. Meaning, until we ban flights in and out of infected countries, with the exception of humanitarian and health aid workers, this thing is going to insert itself into urban areas all around the world, and spread.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I read an article after Duncan died, from a person in Liberia that knew, him, no only this person explain what happen in Liberia with Duncan but also that is hundreds and hundreds of Liberians right now that will do anything and pay anything to get a visa to get into the US right now

The article is very interesting, very incredible and credible at the same time.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

What's wrong with this picture is that these poor healthcare workers, unlike CDC workers, are not wearing level 4 Biodefense gear. 'Nuf said.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

That's quite the large brush your using to paint a smelly picture. I live in Manhattan, in the 50's and the smell is fine. I even wake up to the sound of birds in the warmer months and I'm not talking about the flying rats the tourists call pigeons.

If there's a case in NYC, tracking down everyone that came in contact with the infected could be a logistical nightmare.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Crakeur

Thankyou I bought it in Manhattan! And I figured you lived in one of the "nice" areas. I know the police make sure the smell doesn't reach your noses

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So Just what constitutes as "Symptoms"??
As we are approaching winter by the sounds of it everyone and there dog will have "Ebola like Symptoms.....

I say wait until the Blood is running from every orifice before we start panicking and closing down Hospitals and Doctors waiting rooms the length and breadth of the World...Oh, I just sneezed, i might have Ebola....My Head Hurts, i might have Ebola, I feel sick and my....Blah Blah Blah...Take a Couple of Brufen and go to bed for a few days and self monitor.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur
NYC is many things, has many problems (yes DeBlasio, I mean you) but, seriously man, you make it sound like a third world city. You clearly don't live here so I'm guessing you live in some suburban paradise...

I can remember when you DID NOT go to Times Square unless you wanted a fake ID or to see a sex show.

Now it has a freakin M&M store.

New York City is one of the cleanest, safest cities on the planet and people who actually live, work and/or spend time there know this.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join