It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism and Ebola - A Bigger Conspiracy Picture.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

What ''government''? Africa is a continent. Unlike here in the U.S., there is no ''African'' government per se. And as for the part about slavery, it was another poster I was addressing. I apologize for that.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

That's so kind of you. I have my own issues too, but I still care about other people, and that includes disabled people.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: poloblack

That's so kind of you. I have my own issues too, but I still care about other people, and that includes disabled people.

What do you want? A medal? Get over yourself. Blacks aren't the only group that's had to deal with negative issues.

Would you prefer I lie?

I'm tired of hearing about racism. I'm burned out. I don't care. Bear your burden in silence like the rest of us.
edit on 10/13/2014 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Ebola does not care what color your skin is everyone is a potential host it kill indiscriminately.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ebola isn't the cause of the current swath of racism driven behavior around the world.

The rise of far right nationalist parties is responsible for increased racism, nationalism, and intolerance of immigrants.

In the USA, the TEA Party, driven by hysteria from far right hosts such as Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Sean Hannity, are anti immigrant, anti black, anti gay, anti Muslim. They are not too far away from becoming the American National Front - America for Straight, White Christian folk, that sort of thing. When the time comes for the ANF to form, it will be an extremely easy jump to persuade people in the TEA party to come on board, given their current levels of racially driven hatred.

IN the UK, UKIP are making huge gains, and have many policies similar to the US TEA Party, without the religion driven element. However, many of their beliefs are nationalistic, anti immigrant, anti gay, anti everyone that's not just like them.

In France and Germany, nationalist parties have just gotten their first MPs elected since the 1930's.

Before World War 2, a very similar set of circumstances festered, not that far under the surface. In Germany, there was a major false flag attack (the fire at the Reichstag) which was blamed on Jews in order to start turning the public anti Jewish. In the USA, ever since 9/11, Muslims have been made to be the bad guy. In many other countries around the world right now, replace the word "Jew" with the word "Muslim" and many of the policies of NAZI Germany are starting to take route all over again.

Now with Ebola, the media are taking those racial biases and blaming blacks for starting the whole thing. It's a frightening set of circumstances, where the media have built up Muslims as the bad guy in terrorism, and are now creating blacks as the bad guy in Ebola.

The idea that the black patient in Dallas died because he got less care because he was black is ridiculous - he had a team of 50 doctors and nurses treating him at one of the best hospitals in the nation. If anything, he got less care because he had less insurance, not because he was black.

However, media on ALL sides are claiming he got less healthcare because he was black, fanning the race wars that are starting in places like Ferguson. If the indictment against the Ferguson cops come back as thrown out, I wouldn't be surprised in the USA explodes in race riots.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Like Restricted I am disabled, my illness is progressive, degenerative and incurable. It affects more women than men AND the majority of suffers are Caucasian, it is much less common in other ethnic groups. Do I think that the disease has been manufactured to racist and sexist because it affects mainly white women ? Where is the spokesperson for white, disabled women, we have obviously been targeted and as the disease does not affect other ethnic groups in the same way, using your logic, it must have been devised by one of those to wipe out white women ?

Ebola affects mainly black people because it's origin is in Africa, where the population is unsurprisingly mainly black ! Bird Flu affected mainly Asians because the outbreak was in Asia.

Being disabled means you get discriminated against all the time, you learn to live with it, as I presume Restricted has had to and I have had to. You have a black President in the US, black senators come back and argue discrimination when you have a disabled President.

Diseases may prefer certain races, it doesn't make them racist, diseases are living entities, all they are trying to do is survive and spread and they will use the local resources to do that, in Africa that means the black population.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The phrase you're looking for is that you COULDN'T care less, not that you could care less. Anyway, good for you that you don't care about racism. It's not your kind so who cares, right? You can bring it up or not and it's STILL alive and well. Racism is not simply not liking someone because of their color. It's deeper than that. That's called being prejudiced or a bigot. Racism is when the majority race owns and operates pretty much everything and can exercise that power by making things very difficult for the minorities. Discrimination doesn't really exist, does it? FOH with that crap.

since the majority race in Africa is black are you saying they are racist?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I happen to work with disabled kids of ALL colors and I don't want or need any medals, so you can cut that crap. And I never said blacks were the only ones that have to deal with negative issues. If I have a beef or burden, I'm not the silent type. Speak for yourself about that ''burden in silence'' crap. The .gov loves people that think this way. Enjoy your day.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Nice try, but no cigar. In Africa, the majority of blacks own and operate NOTHING. Therefore, they can't implement racism. They don't control the diamonds, gold, or any of the other multitude of resources there.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Each year the Western world give Millions of pounds to indivual African Governments, They -Africa- find enough cash to then Buy Weapons, ie Tanks, Fighter planes etc.etc.etc. A Disease / Famine crops up in Africa and the UN start telling the Western World 'You Must All Help',. WHO shout the same argument, yet nothing is said about the Massive Corruption In Africa. Charities that support African citizens need have been collecting Money from us since I was at school, I am now 68 years old, so how come the Charities are still asking for More ??????

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: poloblack

I was taking the quote at face value, so your saying that blacks can not be racist?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I',m saying blacks can be prejudiced. And I thought that I explained that a few posts ago, but I'll bite. You see, blacks don't have enough POWER to be RACIST. Blacks can dislike you because of your race but THAT alone does not constitute racism, good sir. There is POWER and SUPREMACY within in racism, which blacks don't possess. With money, power, and the numbers, racism can be exercised. Without that, well....

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I take it that you have never been in the middle of a bunch of black youths playing the knock out game? who are they targeting? Other blacks?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Blacks can dislike you because of your race but THAT alone does not constitute racism, good sir.

I respectfully disagree on that point.

If you dislike someone because of his or her race, then you are a racist.

Racism is not an action or position. It is a mindset.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I was born and raised in Georgia. Been a lotta places but this my home. Where I'm from, that kind of thing doesn't happen here. You might want to ask that question to someone up north. To my understanding, that's where that type of crap usually happens. And I don't condone that kind of cowardly behavior and I feel that the spineless, punk-ass cowards that pull that crap should be dealt with in a brutal fashion. I don't care if they are black. But that has nothing to do with what we were discussing.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

And I respectfully disagree with you.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints

Blacks can dislike you because of your race but THAT alone does not constitute racism, good sir.

I respectfully disagree on that point.

If you dislike someone because of his or her race, then you are a racist.

Racism is not an action or position. It is a mindset.

Text

That quote did not come from me, any people group can be racist and has nothing to do with social power.
edit on 13-10-2014 by guitarplayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I',m saying blacks can be prejudiced. And I thought that I explained that a few posts ago, but I'll bite. You see, blacks don't have enough POWER to be RACIST. Blacks can dislike you because of your race but THAT alone does not constitute racism, good sir. There is POWER and SUPREMACY within in racism, which blacks don't possess. With money, power, and the numbers, racism can be exercised. Without that, well....

Wow, just wow! Not liking someone because of their race is NOT racism? You jump into a thread that accuses the evil white powers that be of manufacturing a strain of Ebola which is targeting only blacks, and then try to say RACISM can only be practiced against blacks, not by them. What rock have you been under for the last 6 years or so?

I spent the last three years of elementary school in an all black school. Not integrated, not predominately black, but all black, save for me. This was from 1965 thru 1968, and I have never in my life felt more hatred toward myself and my family. But according to you I could only feel the prejudice, not racism. It is an abomination to see you come into any thread and spread your utter lack of knowledge regarding this subject.

No, whites are not trying to kill off blacks with Ebola. Yes, blacks can be racist. When you wake up and realize the absurdity of your statements, you may grasp the idea that racism does exist in this world from all sides. It is not the driving force behind all the ills in the world, but you are welcome to cling to it, along with Al and Jesse. I don't like Obama, so the POWER and SUPREMACY I have makes me racist. Yeah, right.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

First of all, you come off in a very disrespectful manner. You don't know me. Secondly, I don't like O, Jesse, or Al, so take that crap to someone else. I'm not the one. You can play with semantics all you want but it is what it is. Look it up. There's way more to racism than simply not liking someone because of their race and you know it. Sorry about your troubles in school, but try being treated like a second class citizen everyday, all of your life. I'm black and I tend to be a pull yourself by the bootstrap type of man, but let's not pretend it's great being black ANYWHERE. My family has fought for this country since WW2, in which my paternal and maternal grandfathers proudly served in, and my paternal grandpa even received a Purple Heart up to present day, and some still hate me for my color and most of their families never even served this country. I went to a mostly white elementary school, and I liked it very much. I had very close friends there. But that didn't stop a few from calling me a n#####. My dad was military also and told me to never call anyone out of their name, but if I was called a n!!!!!, kick ass, and that's what I did. My great-great grandfathers on my mom and dad's side were white men. That's how I got my last name. My wife is white and our daughters are mixed, so make no mistake about it, I'm far from anti-white. To be that way is not in my blood, so don't come at me like I am. Even though I got my last name from my white great-great grandfather, to society, I'm seen as black, and I'm fine with that. It is what it is and so is TRUE racism.True racism is racial prejudice and the POWER to discriminate. Now what in the hell kind of power do black people have to discriminate against anybody? THAT's what I thought. NONE.
edit on 13-10-2014 by poloblack because: Punctuation error

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You may call it disrespectful, but I tell it like I see it. Second class citizen? Hah! So tired of hearing that crap. You started with the semantics, I just pointed out your lack of understanding. Everyone in this country, either in their families or their own self, knows about multiculturalism and has most likely been affected by it. I'm Indian and Irish. My granddaughters are half black. My two 3 year olds are Honduran. See, we all know just as much about it as you.

I'm far from being anti-black, but I do accept the fact blacks can be, and are racist, just like everyone else. As long as blacks continue to deny that fact, and play the race card at the drop of a hat, this divide will continue to fester. There is a lot more to racism, and yes, blacks are and can be racist. Quit hangin' with the in crowd, and expand your horizon's and accept that ALL races can be racist. Until this is embraced by everyone, the hate is just going to be propagated and we will never get beyond it.

I hope you get a good nights sleep, and think on this. That TRUE racism is letting yourself be consumed by it. Get beyond that and see the possibilities.

Good night.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join