It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duncan family playing the race card

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I kind of would love to know his blood type, and here's why. Brantly, the first doc brought to the U.S. has flown to Nebraska to donate blood to the doc taken there and is now donating blood to the journalist brought there. I would assume he is of a different blood type than Duncan. If not? Hmmmmm.

Also? I'm sure I've missed this...but is the hospital Duncan wound up at a BSL4 like Emory and, I'm assuming, the one is Nebraska are? Why did they not fly him to one of the two?
edit on 10/9/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

I believe his hospital bill is around $500,000 which will have to be absorbed by the hospital.

at the very least i say a lawsuit should not even be entertained until this hospital bill is paid in full.
then, maybe...and thats a big maybe.

he was not a citizen....

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think it should come down to personal responsibility.

did he walk into the clinic or hospital and say he had just travelled from Liberia, cared for a person who had just died from ebola and was now himself showing symptoms of ebola and believed he was infected?

It doesnt sound like that is what he did.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

The hospital has admitted that he or his wife informed that he was from Liberia.

From the family's perspective, he was in the hospital with Ebola - which has a 60 to 90% death rate - and did not get the experimental drug for one week. The statement from the hospital was that he was not given it until his condition allowed it. LOL! What!? Were they worried it was going to kill him?

Just playing devil's advocate, mind you.

Regardless, this seems to be an inept and cruddy hospital as evidenced by the fact that they let him leave the first time. Why anyone - the family or the CDC - had any confidence they would do a sufficient job from then on is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
The fact remains every other case of Ebola in the U.S. was handled better and given experimental treatment sooner. They have lived, he died. He's black, they're white.

Now, that's not to say there's not *A LOT* more to it - but the optics are bad.

So what are we supposed to do? Import a black person and try to treat them to make it all better? Maybe while we're at it, we should make sure we get a sick Asian and Latino, too, you know, cover all the racial bases so everyone knows we didn't mean for this one to die.

I am so sick of everything being viewed through a racial lens, even disease now.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

It doesnt sound like that is what he did.

it dont sound like he did because he didnt.

he went to a hospital in a country where he is not a citizen, lied, then got free care.

thats what happened.

now the family wants to get paid

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

a reply to: vkey08
According to the link though, he did disclose to the hospital he was from Liberia.

My question is this:

How did he say he was from Liberia? Did he simply tell the nurse, "I'm from Liberia?" If so, how did she take that? There is apparently a large community of former Liberians there. Simply telling her he's from Liberia could have meant a lot of things, but if they regularly treat that community, she's likely seen a lot of people who are "from Liberia."

Or did he say, "I was just in Liberia a couple days ago, and I helped my neighbor who had Ebola get to the hospital." If he said that and she blew it off ...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I am bringing more to the table on his timeline. I'm not so sure he knew that the pregnant woman he and the neighbors helped to the hospital had Ebola, she and all who helped her are now deceased. She was the first case in the neighborhood. He left three days after her death and even though the article says it was from Ebola, who knows if she was diagnosed with that before he left. And yes, there is a $500,000 hospital bill which we will absorb. I'm angry that he has brought the disease to the US but I don't think it was planned. I thought he was planning o n marrying his fiancé here but he bought a round trip ticket which I didn't know. I know, it's Brietbart but the info's all the same and their sites load quicker for me.

September 2: Duncan bought his plane ticket to the US, according to a United Airlines employee, reports GotNews.com:

He had a round-trip ticket, which was purchased on Sept. 2 from an IATA accredited travel agency in Lagos, Nigeria. It appears his ticket was purchased by a company named “Silson Global Business Liberia Ltd.”. His return flight was scheduled to depart Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) on Oct. 19. The return flight was scheduled for DFW-IAD-BRU-FNA (FNA is Lungi Intl Airport in Freetown, Sierra Leone).

September 4: The New York Times reported that Duncan abruptly quit his job on September 4, a few weeks after his sister visited from the US. He didn’t give a reason for resigning, but he’d been trying to get his visa approved since June. He wanted to see his son graduate from high school in Texas in June. Duncan’s visa wasn’t approved until early September.

______beforeitsnews/alternative/2014/10/the-tangled-timeline-of-thomas-duncans-last-days-3041386.html

www.nbcnews.com...

NBC News

STORYLINE Continuing coverage of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa

Timeline: How Ebola Made Its Way to the U.S.

The state of Texas said Thursday that as many as 100 people might have come into contact with Thomas Eric Duncan, the first patient diagnosed with Ebola in the U.S., or had contact with those he came across. Health officials are finding them and monitoring symptoms — and seeking to calm public fear of a wider outbreak.

Here's a timeline of the case, compiled from information provided by federal and state health authorities; Dallas school, fire and hospital officials; and NBC News reporting.

Sept. 15: Duncan takes his friend and neighbor Nathaline Williams, 19 and seven months pregnant, in a cab to a hospital in Monrovia, Liberia, believing that she is having a miscarriage, according to an interview with the cabdriver. The cabdriver later tells Dr. Nancy Snyderman of NBC News that Duncan carried Williams back to her apartment after four hospitals would not take her. Williams later dies from Ebola. The driver later says Duncan appeared to be well.

Sept. 19: Duncan leaves Monrovia on Brussels Airlines Flight 1247 to Brussels, Belgium, the first step of a trip to the U.S. to visit family. He takes United Airlines Flight 951 from Brussels to Dulles airport outside Washington, D.C.

Sept. 20: Duncan takes United Flight 822 from Dulles to Dallas. Health officials later say Duncan was not showing symptoms while he was traveling. Ebola is spread only through direct contact with the body fluids of an infected patient who is symptomatic.
Sept. 24: Duncan begins to show symptoms.

Sept. 26: Duncan goes to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital. He is examined and sent home with antibiotics. He tells hospital staff that he recently traveled from Liberia, but that information is not passed along.

Sept. 28: Dallas fire and rescue is called to the apartment complex in Dallas where Duncan is staying. He is taken to the same hospital and admitted.

Sept. 29: A relative, Josephus Weeks, calls the 800 number of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and is told to call the state health department, according to Weeks' account. He is called back several times, he says. He later accuses health officials of not moving fast enough. A state health official later tells NBC News that a call took place and that Weeks and other relatives told health authorities that Duncan had no contact with anyone who had Ebola.
Sept. 30: Medical tests confirm that Duncan has Ebola. The CDC and state health officials call a news conference and alert the public.

Oct. 1: Dallas fire reports that all its ambulance workers have tested negative for Ebola. They are sent home, to be monitored for 21 days. Dallas schools report that five children in four schools may have had contact with Duncan but are not showing symptoms. Schools stress to parents that there is "no imminent danger to your child." Dallas County health officials say they are watching 10 to 18 people who had close contact with Duncan, mainly family and close friends, and would "not be shocked" if a second case surfaces.

Oct. 2: Duncan is listed in serious condition by the hospital. State health officials say they are looking at about 100 people who may have had contact with Duncan or his relatives. Dallas County says 80 people had contact either directly with Duncan or with people who had contact with Duncan. Duncan's family is ordered by state health officials to stay home, with no visitors unless health officials give their approval, until Oct. 19. The hospital says a software flaw kept a physician from seeing that Duncan had recently traveled from Liberia, leading the hospital to initially send him home. United Airlines says it is trying to notify as many as 400 people who may have been on Duncan's flights to the U.S., referring them to the CDC.

First published October 2nd 2014, 1:17 pm

Compromise, a few early entries from BIN and the rest from NBC

edit on 9-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

experimental drug for one week. The statement from the hospital was that he was not given it until his condition allowed it. LOL! What!? Were they worried it was going to kill him?

now i am not a doc and know nothing about what he got but...

maybe he couldnt get it until his blood pressure came down or it would kill him.
you know, just cause medicine x is the treatment for illness x does not mean you can have it no matter what.

not just with this med or ebola either....

patients need to be stable before they get certain meds...

i know that is a lame example and more than likely not the reason but hopefully you understand what i mean...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

It's a very valid point.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Uninsured and wrong social class.

Is there any doubt that the response would have been the same if it was Jose, Wu or Bubba?

How was he supposed to be insured? He is not in the open enrollment period for Obamacare, and even had he signed up for Medicaid, it would not have kicked in yet.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

thats a very good point.
also, are hospital staff supposed to be geography savants? are they supposed to know where every place in the entire world is and what diseases are rampant?
i think not

why would a hospital in texas think ebola when there has never been a single reported case in the us?

is this an episode of house md?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I agree..I used to think he came for the health care but not so much now.

Several people interviewed in West Africa indicate that no one knew the pregnant woman had Ebola, she was apparently asymptomatic or hid it well. A pregnant person collapsed and several people rushed to help - all now dead. Who among us might not do the same thing?

But alas...ATS frowns upon BIN as a news source so....maybe find another...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Well, too bad for them...how much more money is Dallas, it's county and the CDC absorbing due to their failure?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
fact is none of us are doctors..
we may think we know a lot about the way it works cause we read links and discuss things on a board but that is no substitute for medical school.

and to what i said above.

if a person in osaka japan goes to the ER with headache, fever, and muscle pain do you think those doctors would suspect say rocky mountain spotted fever?
probably not
unless the patient was very clear that they were just back from say colorado,,,

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Several people interviewed in West Africa indicate that no one knew the pregnant woman had Ebola, she was apparently asymptomatic or hid it well. A pregnant person collapsed and several people rushed to help - all now dead. Who among us might not do the same thing?

if 'they' can get a pass about not knowing she had ebola even though they were in the hot zone then 'we' need to get a pass for not knowing he had it a world away.
seems logical

edit*

also, didnt that prego lady die the day after duncan tried to help her?
i thought ebola was this nasty mofo......back in the early pages of this thread all kinds of people were saying how sick duncan was and how he would have been too sick to do much besides lay in bed and barf on front of the complex yet this lady who died the very next day hid her symptoms so well people thought it was just your normal pregnancy issues????

i dont believe that...

you have ebola in the hot zone and the day before you die people dont know its ebola??

dont think so
edit on 9-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

LOL! I can't argue with that.

But, either way, it's pretty head-up-the-ass stupid. Not you, them.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

experimental drug for one week. The statement from the hospital was that he was not given it until his condition allowed it. LOL! What!? Were they worried it was going to kill him?

now i am not a doc and know nothing about what he got but...

maybe he couldnt get it until his blood pressure came down or it would kill him.
you know, just cause medicine x is the treatment for illness x does not mean you can have it no matter what.
not just with this med or ebola either....
patients need to be stable before they get certain meds...
i know that is a lame example and more than likely not the reason but hopefully you understand what i mean...

I think they thought he was getting better and the drug hadn't ever been used for Ebola but when he started failing, it was a desperate attempt to help him. It seems many of the Ebola victims seem to do better for a few days initially after going to hospital then crash and finally burn.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I think they thought he was getting better and the drug hadn't ever been used for Ebola but when he started failing, it was a desperate attempt to help him. It seems many of the Ebola victims seem to do better for a few days initially after going to hospital then crash and finally burn.

well that would be 1 logical reason out of what 100 or 1000 as to why he didnt get the meds the nano second after he got admitted...

i like how for a week all everyone has been talking about is how debilitating ebola is but now all of a sudden it is plausible nobody know this pregnant lady had it even though she died the next day.
sorry but i am not buying that one

edit*
i wonder what kind of foul the family would be crying if he did get the meds the second after he got there and that killed him.
i mean it hadnt been used before so how would they know?
the family is trying to get paid. thats obvious.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

if 'they' can get a pass about not knowing she had ebola even though they were in the hot zone then 'we' need to get a pass for not knowing he had it a world away.
seems logical

edit*

also, didnt that prego lady die the day after duncan tried to help her?
i thought ebola was this nasty mofo......back in the early pages of this thread all kinds of people were saying how sick duncan was and how he would have been too sick to do much besides lay in bed and barf on front of the complex yet this lady who died the very next day hid her symptoms so well people thought it was just your normal pregnancy issues????

i dont believe that...

you have ebola in the hot zone and the day before you die people dont know its ebola??

dont think so

Well she was 7 mos pregnant and it appears everyone thought she was having a miscarriage. I think I read she was having convulsions. If she was feeling pukey the days before, she easily could have thought it was prego related and not thought much about it. I don't know if they would have know much about what was going on much around them. Do they have a lot of computers and televisions? Depends on close they were to the other neighborhoods. And if they did know the other neighborhoods had the illness maybe they were self isolation to prevent contamination.

Nope on the TV's and computers. I just checked this site www.nytimes.com... for more info and there are pics of her deceased brother and dying female friend.
edit on 9-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join