It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, prepare for long haul

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I bet they learned their lesson there.

I don't think they really care at the top. Whats the world going to do, protest?

Like all the other protests in the EU, Middle East, US-- occupy and Ferguson for instance, Argentina Chile, etc, etc.

Who was successful? Have we heard anything from Egypt for instance? Remember all that Morse and Muslim Brotherhood drama to bring about change? And what? The media eye has turned away, the dissent squashed, the dissidents purged.

Same thing will happen here. You are right, the worlds regimes have learned their lesson. They do it differently now and the most complicit organization that enables despot dictators and militarized police states to get away with their crimes is the International media corporations. Aren't they all owned by large corporations themselves? Don't the International corporations own the governments around the world? Don't the banks hold the purse strings?

grrr…

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm hoping for the best for these protesters, but with China's past track record of using military force to squelch descent, speaks for itself. I'ts a shame people all over the world are at the mercy of their governments. Unarmed civilians are at the mercy of tyrannical governments. They use our tax money to create a military to keep us from demanding change.

What's even more depressing are the people who take orders to squelch public descent, are average citizens that are being manipulated to keep their own families, neighbors, friends and the general population in line.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
Original image from Reuters. All i did was convert it to a format friendly for ATS.

This is totally phenomenal.

Protesters hold their mobile phones as they block the main street to the financial Central district, outside the government headquarters, in Hong Kong September 29, 2014.

Thank you for that adjustment it's a great picture.
It beats the snot out of Steve Perry singing "Faithfully".
OK I'm an old softie, but those islanders have had to deal
with PRC almost as long as I've been alive, and I'm REAL old.
I wish them not only safety but success!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

These types of protests are becoming more frequent, in a variety of political climates and geographic areas. It is truly encouraging. I wish the best for the protesters, and anticipate there will be many more like this in the months/years to come. Just look at how the governments of the world have pissed off their citizens. People are beginning to push back,

GO FREEDOM!!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Hong Kong (CNN) -- A midnight deadline imposed by pro-democracy demonstrators calling for Hong Kong's top official to step down passed Friday, with Chief Executive C.Y. Leung vowing to stay and warning of "serious consequences" should protesters cross police lines.

www.cnn.com...

It seems Ebola is overtaking the news out of Hong Kong today on ATS, however, this is important too.

Protesters demanded Leung step down from his position to which he said no way.
Warnings have gone out to clear the streets, and protesters are threatening to overrun Gov offices.

This is about to get real bad.

I just wanted to bump this thread so people keep aware.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I agree, Go Freedom, however, the cost is always high, and always bloody.

That I am not looking forward to.

<< 1   >>

join