It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor: Gov’t ‘Tight-Lipped’ on Respiratory Virus, May be From Illegals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Breitbart is total trash, a complete waste of electrons. If you believe anything they tell you, you are a FOOL.

Another nativist hit on immigrants. Some things never change in this country.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

A bit more about the virus and older research:

Places where HEV-D68 has shown up in the past:

CA, MN, NY, MD, MO, WI, TX

table 1

It would seem that rhinovirus and enterovirus are more closely related than first thought:

The prototype strain, Corn, is the only known example of HRV87. Recent molecular and antigenic characterization has shown that HRV87-Corn is actually a strain of EV68, based upon cross-neutralization studies and comparison of partial capsid sequences (Blomqvist et al., 2002; Ishiko et al., 2002; Savolainen et al., 2002).

Enterovirus 68 is associated with respiratory illness and shares biological features with both the enteroviruses and the rhinoviruses

Perhaps the reason it's hard to find much older research about EV-D68 is that, for one thing, the designation has changed from HEV-D, EV-68, and one or two other abbreviations.

Also, it would seem as though that it may have misdiagnosed as rhinovirus.

It is concluded that EV68 is primarily an agent of respiratory disease and that it shares important biological and molecular properties with both the enteroviruses and the rhinoviruses.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
Thank you!
Yes, I was reading about how closely related they are, and that having to do with possibly many misdiagnosis.
So, for the people saying why isn't in the border states, it has been, and very well could be, just being misdiagnosed. Not to mention possibly mutating, which isn't good.

I guess at this point, we can just be thankful that no matter how it got to us, it isn't more serious than what it is.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well, every single state, including the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico has received at least one child. (I wonder who paid for those flights?)

List by State

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grumble
Breitbart is total trash, a complete waste of electrons. If you believe anything they tell you, you are a FOOL.

Huffington post and Daily Koz are total trash and a complete waste of electrons,if you believe anything they tell you,you are a FOOL.
I am a nativist because I am a native and illegal immigration needs to be stopped by whatever means are necessary.This great influx of illegals can be placed on the doorstep of this administration.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Nothing but fear mongering..

The disease was first identified here in the US in 1962. And there have been outbreaks in the US before; they’ve come in September of those years, which seems to correlate with the return of kids to school

Full article here.LGF

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I live in Denver (which is a sanctuary city for illegals), and I have NEVER seen so many sick people with repertory problems. It’s absolutely horrible!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ah yes, Enterovirus D68, the gift that keeps on giving. It's quite likely I'm enjoying its company right now, with a hacky dry cough that wont quit, occasional feeling of feverishness, and congestion that seems like it halves my breathing capacity.

I wouldn't be too surprised either. Government isn't doing much about illegal immigration other than a bit of hand waving. Outbreaks of this respiratory illness appear to be along three major interstate highway corridors, and guess where they all point or converge. So yeah, I might have reason to agree.
edit on 19-9-2014 by pauljs75 because: Mixed up entero with adeno in regards to virus... fixed it. But it's that bug that's going around.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
When all those illegals were coming through, it was known they were carrying diseases. Some were separated from the healthy by those long tapes cops use to rope off a murder or accident scene. Like that's going to do anything. They complained of never seeing such high numbers coming here at once and how hard if not impossible to process them all. Then...they ship them all across the USA, with many States not even knowing these kids were coming. Then...we have lots of kids getting sick all over the place. Can't say I'm surprised. Maybe it's because of the illegals, maybe it isn't, but it seems pretty likely.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I'm in Houston, Tx and I'm pretty sure this is what was spreading in my sons elementary a few weeks ago. Son still has a cough after being fever-free for a week. During the worst of it, he had all the symptoms of this enterovirus. Hoarse/voice gone, wheezing from inflammation in the throat, etc.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Spreading ...

BOSTON (CBS) — More than 150 children are being treated for possible cases of Enterovirus at Boston Children’s Hospital, officials said Friday. Doctors said they are seeing a sharp increase in the number of children with respiratory problems, and several with suspected cases of the virus are on life support. There are about 12 children in critical care and about 24 in intermediate care, doctors said.

12 in critical care. Not good. Are they high risk kids, or is this getting worse?

boston.cbslocal.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
Thank you!
Yes, I was reading about how closely related they are, and that having to do with possibly many misdiagnosis.
So, for the people saying why isn't in the border states, it has been, and very well could be, just being misdiagnosed. Not to mention possibly mutating, which isn't good.

I guess at this point, we can just be thankful that no matter how it got to us, it isn't more serious than what it is.

Speaking of misdiagnosis, my sons dr called it croup and the school attendance lady said "the flu" was spreading.
edit on 19-9-2014 by BanTv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
Spreading ...

BOSTON (CBS) — More than 150 children are being treated for possible cases of Enterovirus at Boston Children’s Hospital, officials said Friday. Doctors said they are seeing a sharp increase in the number of children with respiratory problems, and several with suspected cases of the virus are on life support. There are about 12 children in critical care and about 24 in intermediate care, doctors said.

12 in critical care. Not good. Are they high risk kids, or is this getting worse?

boston.cbslocal.com...

Massachusetts received close to a thousand of the illegal kids. Link below provides a list of States and how many kids each State had to take on.
www.conservativeinfidel.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
For any who are interested, there is information on the fatality from EV-D68 my thread:

Is this why Obama updated EO 13295?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

until we have a patient zero we should not jump to conclusions.

it would not be above our political leaders to use an outbreak & blame it on some poor kids, to advance their own agenda. i'm just not buying it.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

originally posted by: Grumble

Huffington post and Daily Koz are total trash and a complete waste of electrons,if you believe anything they tell you,you are a FOOL.
I am a nativist because I am a native and illegal immigration needs to be stopped by whatever means are necessary.This great influx of illegals can be placed on the doorstep of this administration.

You are a Native American? If not, STFU and go follow your passion of listening to a college dropout on talk radio tell you what to believe.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It's just another piece of the master plan. I believe it is called the enterovirus. Who really knows where it originated? Most likely another engineered virus like aids and ebola. Like I said, it's all part of the plan.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This virus isnt just from central america. It was discovered in like the 60s and there had been a few cases in the US (like 100). It has been seen around the world. It just happens to have broken out and been spreading in the US this year. I dont think you can really pin it on illegals. Could have been someone from anywhere, here legally. Who knows?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Captain Beyond

Again.. its been around since the 60s and been found in the US before.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Yes, I understand it is pretty common.
Hope I don't get it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join