It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona-9 Year old girl kills gun instructer

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
From the 'you must be this tall' signs to enter the ride.

If you can cycle the bolt to load it then you can shoot it.

Since the show will go on there, I wonder if other 'instructors' worry about getting shot or if it goes with the job.

most autos have a heavy slide bolt and i very much doubt many 9 year olds can load that first round and start the action off.

you start them off on a nice bolt action one shot rifle and shoot melons and stuff.
edit on b39391123 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I feel like an uzi was not the way to go either relevant to teaching a youngster to shoot. That being said, responsible training is a good idea I think. This is a changing world...who knows if youngsters may need to know how to shoot for hunting purposes if an EMF event or grid failure of long duration occurred. Self defense can be an issue at times. We had an incident in a nearby town where a lady let 2 teenagers into her house to use the phone. They shot her and went after her 9 year old son. He ran into his room and got his BB gun, hoping that it would be enough...of course, it wasn't and the boy was killed. So sad.

We also have to watch this anti gun stuff relevant to kids doesn't swing too far the other way. Nowadays, kids get in trouble for making a motion with their hands like pointing a gun or by chewing their pop tart in the shape of a gun and no more cops and robbers games or cowboys and Indians to be played on the play ground. Yet, what is the first thing that happens when they enter Senior High School...the recruiters swoop in and wanna put a gun right in the kids hand to go fight some nonsense war for big business or religious reasons or minerals or the fake war on t*rror. Way to go. And when these kids/vets come back home from war, the govt. would just as soon they no longer have a gun again. Geez.
edit on 30-8-2014 by shrevegal because: error

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal
I feel like an uzi was not the way to go either relevant to teaching a youngster to shoot. That being said, responsible training is a good idea I think. This is a changing world...who knows if youngsters may need to know how to shoot for hunting purposes if an EMF event or grid failure of long duration occurred. Self defense can be an issue at times. We had an incident in a nearby town where a lady let 2 teenagers into her house to use the phone. They shot her and went after her 9 year old son. He ran into his room and got his BB gun, hoping that it would be enough...of course, it wasn't and the boy was killed. So sad.

We also have to watch this anti gun stuff relevant to kids doesn't swing too far the other way. Nowadays, kids get in trouble for making a motion with their hands like pointing a gun or by chewing their pop tart in the shape of a gun and no more cops and robbers games or cowboys and Indians to be played on the play ground. Yet, what is the first thing that happens when they enter Senior High School...the recruiters swoop in and wanna put a gun right in the kids hand to go fight some nonsense war for big business or religious reasons or minerals or the fake war on t*rror. Way to go. And when these kids/vets come back home from war, the govt. would just as soon they no longer have a gun again. Geez.

that is a sad story but it doesnt justify nine year olds with machine guns for a second.

yes if that kid had a powerful gun he COULD have done somthing, but he could have hurt himself too

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

when bullsnort hits the fan like that.

RUN THE HELL AWAY!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

What is the percentage of the population who don't need to breed because of stupidity? The world will never know.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

so you supplied some information to back your assertion that the only reason your country is marginally safer than the U.S., is because of it's gun control laws?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

He would be surprised how many gun owners are in the UK. There are many, many. The problem is, due to irrational fear and prejudice, they keep quiet and to themselves--sort of like gay men in the American Bible belt during the 1950's.

How would you be aware that "there are many, many" gun owners in the UK if "they keep quiet and to themselves" about it "due to irrational fear and prejudice"?

Dr.Spock, is that you?

sort of like gay men in the American Bible belt during the 1950's.

Or military men up until..... now times.... perhaps???

edit on 30-8-2014 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

so you supplied some information to back your assertion

Yes. That's more than you have done , to back up your idiotic notions that The U.K. is no safer than The U.S.

Either put up or shut up.

edit on 30-8-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
gun control in the uk is very tightly controlled, very highly policed and strict and in forced border restriction.

gun ownership is for large land owners (shot guns) for pest and bird control.

hand guns are completely banned, also machine guns of any kind. some rifles are allowed but you cant own one without a good reason and place to use it.

you cant live in a built up area and get one, pretty much every fire arm is countryside or no side.

its the same with explosives, you cant just walk into a gunshop and buy a gun, you need a very heavily guarded police permit first. you dont just ask for one and get it a week later and go buy a shotgun.

edit on b4646620 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
also: i believe actually police have to check your property and make sure you have a secure place to keep it, like a secure gun cabinet or safe to make sure other people without a gun license can steal it and use it

in addition to this, if you use that on anyone in your home on your propriety weather they want to harm you or not, its highly illegal and you will go to prison, weather you are defending your self or not. so owning one for self protection is pointless
edit on b0404720 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs No kidding. No where in my post did I say kids should have machine guns and in fact, I started off the post saying that they should not. Reading comprehension score for you today...zero. have a great day and cheers.

(post by DisgruntledPatriot removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

absolutely no substance...you read it right.

you made a claim, have not backed it up, and you keep insulting people...

i have no issue whatsoever, either reading, or comprehending passages written in english.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

you're leaving out the operative bit...

you made a specific claim with regards to gun control....you failed to back that claim.

honestly, have you looked at the violent crime stats for your country? you may have less gun-related violence, and criminal acts, but you have MORE of everything else.....

so in america, you might get shot...in the UK, you might get stabbed, or bludgeoned....just because you want to ignore the fact that a problem exists, doesn't suddenly make it not exist...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

this is true, i have to not be near a violent person. theres no chance to be shot by anyone, kids with machine guns simply cant happen.

yes i could get stabbed up in town and thats a far more real threat than any gun wielding 9 year old.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What is required to say about this cut-and-dried event that takes 30 pages of discussion?

We all know it is stupid.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

you're leaving out the operative bit...

you made a specific claim with regards to gun control....you failed to back that claim.

honestly, have you looked at the violent crime stats for your country? you may have less gun-related violence, and criminal acts, but you have MORE of everything else.....

so in america, you might get shot...in the UK, you might get stabbed, or bludgeoned....just because you want to ignore the fact that a problem exists, doesn't suddenly make it not exist...

YOU have to compare what is considered a violent crime in each country have you looked at that

Some considered as a violent crime in the UK may not be considered so in the USA.
How well crime is reported in each country also varies!!!

Well here is some DATA to chew on UK v USA

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

ok, but you're missing the point...whether you're shot or stabbed...you're still either injured, or dead. there's no difference.

and gun-wielding 9 year-olds aren't a very real threat over here....

you take one isolated incident, and then, through the magic of hyperbole, paint a mental image that would suggest that my country is going the way of africa, with armies of child soldiers with automatic weapons, terrorizing the citizenry....

utter bollocks..
edit on 8-31-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

i am aware of the differences between the legal systems of the U.K. and the U.S., with regards to the definition used to decide what constitutes a "violent" crime...

even when you filter out all that, the U.K is still a pretty violent place....of course, you can't even compare the two, honestly, given the MASSIVE difference in population..

what he said was crap, and that's really all there is to it...

i said that the UK is no safer than the US, because of gun control...he says "actually it is safer", and then posts something that shows that the UK is only MARGINALLY safer than the US, but doesn't prove that gun control had ANYTHING to do with it.....so when he's reminded of that, he chooses to deflect, and insult, instead of actually addressing it....

that's the long and short of it..

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

well its about range.

To get stabbed you have to be 1v1 in close proximity, a gun needs no range control.

Sure we have bows and crossbows but no criminal uses one of those

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join