It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Spreading Worldwide?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Just want to say how brave I think Mr Pooley the British nurse is and wish him a speedy recovery as he is getting the drug therapy. Apparently this wonderful individual wants to go back and help as soon as he's fit enough.

What a star, I just hope he isn't in a situation purely man made with culling as its agenda.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Apparently helps political campaigns too.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

EXCELLENT site. Thank you S&

....The Congo strain is supposed to be different and unrelated. Any more news on that?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Ebola Cases May Rise to 20,000: WHO

www.bizjournals.com...

The Ebola virus has killed 1,552 people in West Africa since the outbreak began in January, the World Health Organization has announced.

According to Thursday’s update, 3,069 people were affected in Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leone and Nigeria.

More than 40 percent of cases were recorded in the last 21 days, the statement said – a sign of the disease’s accelerating growth.

The mostly affected country is Liberia with 378 cases and 694 deaths.]/b]

www.aa.com.tr...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

S&
...but I call bs on that one. I think it will be much, much worse than 20,000. ...By Tuesday August 26, the cumulative number of reported cases was 3069, including 1552 deaths. Another big jump.

* We know cases are vastly under-reported - the UN estimates the actual total is around 12,000 at 3-4 times greater than reports show - but 10 times greater is more likely. [There's no one to diagnose and test: there are only 1-2 doctors per 100,000 people there and many are dead now; most people aren't even near a hospital and most of the few hospitals have been deserted by staff; the biggest charity clinic has 120 beds -the few other clinics have 10 or 12 beds- and it was overwhelmed on the first day it opened.]

...U.N. ....assumes that the actual number of cases in many hard-hit areas may be two to four times higher than currently reported. If that's accurate, it suggests there could be up to 12,000 cases already.

* The epidemic is out of control - it will be at least a year before anyone can even think about containment, and Ebola will continue spreading in West Africa.

* Reported cases jumped by almost 300% in less than a month between July 23 and August 26 - from 1,201 to 3,069. Increases will be exponential, but even at a flat 300% we're looking at 9,207 by the end of September - 27,621 by the end of October - 82,863 by end November - 248,589 by end December.... [Where on earth are they getting "20,000"?] NOTE:

In Geneva, the agency released a new plan for handling that aims to stop Ebola transmission in affected countries within six to nine months and prevent it from spreading internationally. ...The goal is to take "the heat out of this outbreak" within three months, he said. That will enable WHO to start using classic containment strategies to stop transmission altogether.

This is not a tragedy - it's a monumental FAIL.

Response to Ebola chaotic and inadequate

International response to the West African Ebola outbreak has been "chaotic and entirely inadequate," according to a statement issued Wednesday by the humanitarian group Doctors Without Borders, which has been treating patients in affected countries for months.

Doctors Without Borders' newest Ebola treatment facility — a 120-bed facility in Monrovia, the capital of Liberia — is already overwhelmed. The group plans to construct three additional tents with space for 40 more beds.

Doctors Without Borders' guidelines were written for Ebola treatment centers with just 20 beds. "We have to constantly adapt" to address a crisis of this scale, Lindis Hurum, the group's emergency coordinator in Monrovia, said in a statement. "The numbers of patients we are seeing is unlike anything we've seen in previous outbreaks," Hurum said.

The new treatment center can slow the spread of the outbreak by isolating patients, preventing them from infecting friends and family. But overworked health workers have had to reduce the level of care they provide, according to Doctors Without Borders. They can no longer administer intravenous treatments, for example, which could limit doctors' ability to help dehydrated patients.

"It is simply unacceptable that, five months after the declaration of this Ebola outbreak, serious discussions are only starting now about international leadership and coordination," said Brice de le Vingne, director of operations at Doctors Without Borders. Referring to other countries that have the potential to help, he says, "They can do more, so why don't they?"

edit on 28/8/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

VIDEO: Ebola epidemic unprecedented and unmanageable: MSF

Poor response to Ebola causing needless deaths - World Bank head

The world's "disastrously inadequate response" to West Africa's Ebola outbreak means many people are dying needlessly, the head of the World Bank said on Monday, as Nigeria confirmed another case of the virus.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: twfau
Thats not what I've read, I read two articles that only skin touched an infected person and ebola was passed to someone. The bodily fluid must have been sweat.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Ebola Cases May Rise to 20,000: WHO

www.bizjournals.com...

The Ebola virus has killed 1,552 people in West Africa since the outbreak began in January, the World Health Organization has announced.

According to Thursday’s update, 3,069 people were affected in Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leone and Nigeria.

More than 40 percent of cases were recorded in the last 21 days, the statement said – a sign of the disease’s accelerating growth.

But we know those number are only 25% of the actual numbers. I will guess there are already 10-15,000 people dead right now. 30,000 by the end of September.....God only know how it will go from there...

The mostly affected country is Liberia with 378 cases and 694 deaths.]/b]

www.aa.com.tr...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CatLady3912

RE: "More than 40 percent of cases were recorded in the last 21 days, the statement said – a sign of the disease’s accelerating growth."

....I'm waiting to see what ikonoklast says, but I think we're looking at a runaway train.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I think it's spreading and in just may be active in areas we wouldn't expect to see it.

I read the CDC was contacted over scares in several US states, I don't have the article on hand but it goes to show you how much they'd try to bury something that could "panic" people.

Also the Western world isn't as clean as we think it is. Garbage, littering, urine and feces on sidewalks in many major cities, filthy public bathrooms. Unhygienic restaurants, transportation, bad hygiene (try being in a crowded standing room only bus with sneezing, coughing NYers). Honestly, we're more "aesthetically hygienic" than most countries but we're still coated in germs, many fear hospitals or have other stigmas against medicine so they won't contact help unless it's something severe.

It could spread, but I don't know if it would be a global killer like some sites are claiming. Knowing the media and their games, if they report on Ebola I'm looking at Ebola but I'm also aware of the other less reported incidents. That's where they get you. Distract for as long as possible.

I agree with everything you've said here. I read somewhere also that the CDC was contacted about 66 possible cases in the u. S. They interviewed the patients to decide who to blood test? Why?! That kind of stupidity is what will lead to issues here. Just one of those ppl walking around the country could infect dozens. I really cannot believe they don't want it to spread when they do things like this. An interview? Take a blood sample and run it. It won't kill you CDC, but Ebola might.

Found an article about this. Won't be hearing this on TV.

Quoted From Breitbart.com:
When contacted for consultation, the CDC examines the patient's symptoms and travel history to decide whether or not a blood test is needed. In most cases, the CDC is able to rule out Ebola without the need for a blood test.

ABC News reported Wednesday that the CDC was contacted 68 times since the end of last month. In 58 of those cases Ebola was ruled out. In the ten remaining cases CDC ordered a blood test. Seven of those tests have already returned negative, and three are still outstanding.

The CDC did not have up-to-date information on the location of the 10 patients who have received Ebola tests thus far, but reports indicate at least one patient was tested in New York, California, New Mexico, Maryland, and Ohio. Patients in California and New Mexico are currently awaiting test results.

Two patients who were transported to America after contracting Ebola in West Africa were released from a hospital in Atlanta this week. Both recovered after treatment which included an experimental drug called ZMapp. The CDC pronounced both patients cured, issuing a statement saying, "They no longer have Ebola virus in their blood and therefore pose no risk to household contacts or the public."

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A cure is needed in a hurry. The only way to stop it is to get a easy cheaper way to treat it. Not that the CDC or WHO want that. I'm beginning to think I should order silver. The CDC called it a pesticide and insisted Africa not use it. Why? If I get Ebola I will try anything. sorry, the CDC needs to stop working for big money and help stop this stuff. What were they afraid of? Thousands are dying. The word it could do is work.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I just don't understand why people think this will die out or worse why they think it isn't a threat to us in the USA if it arrives here.

As a parent I can tell you it would be a disaster when it reaches our country and here is why I believe that.

Take away the very simple question "Have you been to Africa or been around anyone with Ebola?" That question is out the window when it arrives.

Ebola presents itself with flu like symptoms. If your kids starts to run a fever and vomit do you run them to the more than likely completely overrun medical facilities for treatment? Think about that, would you expose them to Ebola when they may very well just have the flu? I do not believe you are going to want to be around a crowd of sick people if you can possibly help it.

Is there anything you as a parent wouldn't do to care for your child even if you knew they may have Ebola? I would have to write myself off at point because I would do everything in my power to care for my child.

I don't think I'm crazy, I don't spend all my time thinking about this, but common sense says this isn't going to end anytime soon. What exactly am I missing?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Fullblast

I agree with you as a parent I've been reading up on what's been written about possible ways of home treatment. People say we have the best Healthcare in the world are dreaming. We have a serious doctor shortage and millions (#'s?) of illegals who will need care. I doubt our medical system could hold up to this.

The doctor who treated the patients in Atlanta said the virus depleted their potassium among other things. Google an article about that. Get lots of pedialyte. Vitamin C. Colloidial silver 10 ppm - this is the amount the military report recommended for treatment. I've never seen said report. It likely doesn't exist but with my family, I want to feel like I've prepared in some way. There are lots of ppl that take the stuff daily and claim to never get sick. Penicillin came from mold, right? Cures are sometimes very strange indeed.

I don't mean to freak out. But you are right it is impossible to not imagine the worst when you are responsible for such precious lives.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
On Meet The Press this morning, Chuck Todd asked POTUS about Ebola. POTUS stated we have nothing to worry about in the US in the short-term. But he also indicated that in the long-term, if this crisis in Africa isn't addressed and gotten under control, the virus will continue to mutate and mutate, and will become a worldwide problem.

The US will have to step in with assistance, as usual. I assume this will mean US military on the ground in Africa, setting up isolation units, bringing supplies, assisting with the proper disposal of bodies, and security. I just imagine the reaction of the people living there, who do want help, but following military orders won't sit well with them.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatLady3912
On Meet The Press this morning, Chuck Todd asked POTUS about Ebola. POTUS stated we have nothing to worry about in the US in the short-term. But he also indicated that in the long-term, if this crisis in Africa isn't addressed and gotten under control, the virus will continue to mutate and mutate, and will become a worldwide problem.

The US will have to step in with assistance, as usual. I assume this will mean US military on the ground in Africa, setting up isolation units, bringing supplies, assisting with the proper disposal of bodies, and security. I just imagine the reaction of the people living there, who do want help, but following military orders won't sit well with them.

This needs to happen immediately or the window will close, and it won't be possible to stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join