It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama signs $8.7 billion food stamp cut into law

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So as long as food stamps are not being cut, people complain about worthless bums and "get a job losers" but soon as they're cut, THEN people see the need for them.... interesting indeed.... yes they are needed. people need to eat. jobs are still and always will be scarse.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

I couldn't find any bill titled S520C on govtrack.us The only proposed bill I could find titled S.520, and that was for safety and fraud enforcement for seafood - that one hasn't been passed by the senate or house yet.

www.govtrack.us...

I did find a bill titled S.510, called FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, which passed the senate on Nov. 30, 2010 - but never passed the House. Even still, I see nothing in that bill that involves prohibiting private gardens.

www.govtrack.us...

So, unless you can provide a link from govtrack.us that shows the bill you are referring to being passed by the house and the senate, I'm going to have to say you are wrong.

edit on 24-8-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Back in 07' krsone said it. Stated that if you look at the demise of some of the american cities that have fallen they all had black mayors in the end. Not that they caused it but more of here is your turn and hurry before things fall apart.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Wasn't this (food stamp cut) made last Feb. 2014? If my memory serves me correctly. I'm just saying.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Wasn't this (food stamp cut) made last Feb. 2014? If my memory serves me correctly. I'm just saying.

Well the article is dated;

" 02/07/14 03:40 PM—Updated 02/07/14 09:38 PM "

Maybe now the question should be;

What have the consequences been for 6 months ?

And what "good" things have happened like Obama said they would ?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

That is not all, US also in behave of the American tax payers will provide Israel with oil even if the US oil is restricted.

Memorandum of Agreement between the Governments of the United States of America and Israel - Oil

Under a 1975 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) the USA guaranteed all Israel's oil needs in the event of a crisis. This Memorandum of Understanding is quietly renewed every five years. It commits U.S. taxpayers to maintain a strategic U.S. reserve for Israel, equivalent to $3 billion in 2002 dollars. Special legislation was enacted to exempt Israel from restrictions on oil exports from the USA. Moreover, the U.S. government agreed to divert oil from the USA, even if this causes domestic shortages. The U.S. government also guaranteed delivery of oil in U.S. tankers if commercial shippers become unable or unwilling to carry oil from the USA to Israel.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

I guess this means that even if the poor starve in the US we need to keep aiding foreign nations including Israel

What that tells you, we the American people, voters and tax payer are the last one in the list of our own government priorities

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Many of them also military, remember that is a growing number of disable veterans that live on welfare and even active military families, since I was a military wife in the 80s it was always the reality that many active military families receive welfare in order to survive.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

This was discussed on ATS, I will try to go back if the archives are still up and pull it up for you. Having a problem with teh ATS search as it won't load right.

Until then, as much as I hate Alex Jones and them this will have to tie you over.

hxxp://www.topix.com/forum/city/paintsville-ky/TU04QDO2GRRBGG3DT
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHfpZmtN5fQ
hxxps://www.google.ca/search?q=professor+griff+illuminati&client=ms-android-bell-ca&tbm=vid&ei=izf6U_mlB4e6ogSgsoCYCQ&start=20&sa=N&biw=360&bih=640&dp r=3#q=senate+bill+s520c+illegal+to+grow+food&tbm=vid
edit on 24-8-2014 by ArchPlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Back in 07' krsone said it. Stated that if you look at the demise of some of the american cities that have fallen they all had black mayors in the end. Not that they caused it but more of here is your turn and hurry before things fall apart.

Except Chicago. That one will always fall on the ineptness of its white leadership.

Harold Washington was the best mayor EVER and he was killed, but that is another conspiracy story.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Being honest, I can't even tell anymore. I just know what was reported Friday under the cover of Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Xeven

That is not all, US also in behave of the American tax payers will provide Israel with oil even if the US oil is restricted.

Memorandum of Agreement between the Governments of the United States of America and Israel - Oil

Under a 1975 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) the USA guaranteed all Israel's oil needs in the event of a crisis. This Memorandum of Understanding is quietly renewed every five years. It commits U.S. taxpayers to maintain a strategic U.S. reserve for Israel, equivalent to $3 billion in 2002 dollars. Special legislation was enacted to exempt Israel from restrictions on oil exports from the USA. Moreover, the U.S. government agreed to divert oil from the USA, even if this causes domestic shortages. The U.S. government also guaranteed delivery of oil in U.S. tankers if commercial shippers become unable or unwilling to carry oil from the USA to Israel.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

I guess this means that even if the poor starve in the US we need to keep aiding foreign nations including Israel

What that tells you, we the American people, voters and tax payer are the last one in the list of our own government priorities

What nation can survive under that pretext, unless they are planning to reseed America the promised land with "new recruits".

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The bill was never passed, they tried to changed to make local growers to abide by the FDA when it comes to selling products to restaurants and the public, still the part of the bill that would have made Mospanto the head of the all food supplies in the nation was killed.

It was very dangerous and very nefarious bill, with Ronald Rumsfeld, Monspanto and other political whores pushing for it.

This doesn't mean that they are not still trying.

edit on 24-8-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I tell you, when you have a government that no longer take into consideration the voices of their own people, you know that is not longer working for the people.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

Only way to create jobs is remove the money from the elite who cant possibly spend it all and give it to poor and middle class who will use it creating demand on goods which will require companies to hire people to keep up with demand. it is just a fact. You cannot argue this point. it is 100% correct. We the people need to rise up and stop the theft, demand higher wages and maybe even a wealth cap.

Net worth more than billion? Spend it to keep it down or return it to the people creating it though hiring or higher wages. Simple law that would fix the economy.

Quoted for truth. Stagnant money is stagnant money. Which is why I fail to see the rationale of folks who cannot step back, and see the bigger picture here.

The first people most affected by this are simply going to be the predecessors of the rest of us. If you don't stand up for them, it's like not standing up for yourself. :/

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Except Chicago. That one will always fall on the ineptness of its white leadership.

Harold Washington was the best mayor EVER and he was killed, but that is another conspiracy story.

Sorry my words were not as clear as his but the premise was that after white leaders brake things they prop up a black leader to usher in the demise and to keep the black community pacified in their spoil.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Being honest, I can't even tell anymore. I just know what was reported Friday under the cover of Ferguson.

It might help if you look at the date of the article.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I'm not thinking nor talking about feeding the world right now, when America is starving its own.

Lots of good food here, but people are lazy and they eat process foods loaded with salt, sugar, carbs and 50 chemicals. It isn't GMO corn doing it, it is processed corn products that might as well not be corn anymore.

I'm not saying to not watch what you eat and to be carful with what meat you buy etc, but the problem I have is the whole debate on GMO foods is there is nothing supporting it other than to suggest it affects you at the cellular level. Change the genes in an apple and you get a great apple but also cancer...just do not believe it, and it is not testable or even remotely questionable, except by those who need a bogyman to promote organic foods.

The whole thing with roundup in our food is a great poster child for organic foods, but about as false as it can get... This is the reason why I suggest that organic producers are the ones to push all this false propaganda for the all mighty buck.

The biotechnology company Monsanto genetically engineered the alfalfa plant to be able to resist the herbicide Roundup, a huge moneymaker for the company. This is done by invading an alfalfa plant cell through the use of E Coli bacteria in order to deliver a soil bacteria gene into its DNA that will allow it to survive exposure to glyphosate (the main ingredient in RoundUp). The plant thus becomes a GMO that is resistant to Roundup.

So our cows eat this...take me down the path to where this affects us in any way as we eat the meat...

edit on 24-8-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Depends on where you are at, and even then, you are still regulated by local and/or state government. Senate Bill S520C passed on November 30, 2010 made it a felony for Americans to grow their own food. If they choose to enforce this, growing your veggies would give you a smuggling felony. Again, when I was in Chicago, the city was adamant about salting the backyards of the old folks who grew private gardens. Only on the north side in predominately white areas did you have a CoOp situation and it was a lot of money to get into it.

I think that is a far stretch on S520C...

We pick and chose where we want to live. Lots of land just outside the big city....

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Agree 100%. Crime will rise as hunger does. The pure stupidity of our govt almost seems like they are tempting revolution or trying to see what they can get away with...both of which will end with the same conclusion. a reply to: Soloprotocol

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What about the billions still spent on useless defense resources? I'm sure you could cut much more than $8.7 billion from the defense budget.

Democrats and Republicans work for their own self-interest and for the benefit of corporate America.
edit on 24/8/2014 by ProphetZoroaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join