It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Cop Investigated For Offensive Ferguson Facebook Post

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Single quotation marks are used for a reason.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: interupt42

It doesn't but Michael Brown and Dorian Johnson are black, the cop posted a picture of two black men looking 'thuggish' to further sway public opinion against them.

Than if the color of their skin in the picture has nothing todo with them looking like thugs, why is he a racist?

Perhaps It is you that jumped to the conclusion that he is associating color as the SOLE reason for not being a model citizen?

It would have been rather hilarious if he posted a pic of two white men looking 'thuggish' and claimed they were Brown and Johnson.

Are you trying to say now that white men can't be 'thuggish' ?

As of right now you have made several comments that could be miscontruded as being racist on par with what the cop said. Perhaps you are a KKK member acting as a non racist with the hopes of flaming the racial tension. You may say that you are not racist but your first intuition and some comments appear to suggest eitherwise.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

As of right now you have made several comments that could be miscontruded as being racist on par with what the cop said.

No I haven't and you're being ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

As of right now you have made several comments that could be miscontruded as being racist on par with what the cop said.

No I haven't and you're being ridiculous.

Am I?

You are the one associating thugs based solely on color, eitherwise you could see that their color is not what makes them look like thugs.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Then why not post a picture of a white person who wasn't a model citizen? And why post a picture of a guy who isn't even Michael Brown? And why make a sarcastic statement insinuating that Michael Brown is not a model citizen, when he doesn't even know Michael Brown, nor has he completed any kind of official investigation on the matter? Why would he come to that conclusion about a guy that he doesn't even know, while posting a picture of another black guy who is obviously not a model citizen?

And why make a statement about whites not rioting after O.J. was acquitted? You never did answer my question about that. Why specifically mention whites? What does skin color have to do with it? Hmmmm?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Single quotation marks are used for a reason.
paraphrase is the reason usually.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Or setting the tone of the person you are referring to or attributing something to the person you are referring to and still yet sometimes to infer sarcasm.
edit on 8/20/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You never did answer my question about that.

I did answer those questions with other possibilities as to why he said what he said and other meanings in regards to the picture. However you and some other appear to want to make everything about racism and continue to create further tension so it never goes away . In essence you are stereotyping white people.

First I never said he wasn't racist, I just said to not jump to racism right of the bat like many have done and already prosecuted the guy without having any additional evidence to suggest as such.

Now I'm speculating to some of the answers below but the point is that their is the possibilty that he did what did not just out of racism.

Then why not post a picture of a white person who wasn't a model citizen?

Its possible since Brown was not a white person a picture of a white person would not relate. He might have thought that it was Brown?

why post a picture of a guy who isn't even Michael Brown?

It isn't a racist thing to incorrectly be fooled by a hoax or a incorrect news story?

why make a sarcastic statement insinuating that Michael Brown is not a model citizen, when he doesn't even know Michael Brown, nor has he completed any kind of official investigation on the matter?

You don't know the Cop either, but that hasn't stopped you from prosecuting and labeling him as a racist. Also their has been information leaked throughout the event that Brown may not be the nice kid as pertrayed by the media and intial reports stated that he had held up a store.

why make a statement about whites not rioting after O.J. was acquitted?

Well first its true, there wasn't any riots.

Then speculation as too his thought process: maybe like the black guy in the video and Bill Cosby he feels that its time for the Black leaders to step up and take responsibility for some of the violence and issues that are occuring in the black communities. in this case the riots broke out before any information about the facts on the case were released and yet they were already accusing one of his colleague as being racist and a justification to riot? Would he be racist for thinking like Bill Cosby,Charles Barkley and that other Black Youtube poster in feeling that the Black community needs to have some leadership and be critical of some of their own actions?

Regardless, like the Ferguson rioters and the forum prosecutors with super powers here and on the news who defended the shooting or labeled it as a racist crime from day one: they appear to have had their own agenda and were not concerned with the truth or really fixing the problem.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So the cop makes a statement that whites don't riot like the blacks do. The whites got it all together - blacks should take a lesson from the whites, right?

settingitstraightblog.com...

You can say that blacks need to work on improving themselves. But to compare whites with blacks, implying that whites do it right, while blacks do it wrong - well, that's just racism - pure and simple.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So the cop makes a statement that whites don't riot like the blacks do. The whites got it all together - blacks should take a lesson from the whites, right?

settingitstraightblog.com...

I agree that could be racist , but nobody has made such statements. The cop never said that whites don't riot like blacks nor that the whites got it all together nor they should take a lesson from the whites. That was all your imagination and improvisation.

You can say that blacks need to work on improving themselves.

I didn't say that: BIll Cosby, Charles Barkley, and the guy on youtube commented that blacks need to also work on improving themselves . For the record I doubt they were saying that ALL blacks, just in case some here label them racist as well.

But to compare whites with blacks, implying that whites do it right, while blacks do it wrong - well, that's just racism - pure and simple

Agreed, but that again was your imagination and improvisation. As far as I know there was no statement made?

edit on 37831America/ChicagoWed, 20 Aug 2014 18:37:09 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

(oh but wait they don't keep conduct records on cops, any conduct reports against officers are attached to the case they were working on, oops)

That was only true until they got a new police chief in 2010. There should be a personal file on Wilson for the last 4 years.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It sounds like he fell for some Facebook misinfo before he made that post. I remember my dad describing Brown's main FB picture a week ago and it sounds like the same photo in the OP.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sorry, I'm backing his first amendment right to be an ass [snip]!

I don't care what he posted, don't care how inflammatory, he has the right to say it.

Anyone with a problem with that should go [ snip] themselves.
edit on 20-8-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Good to know, ty.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Absolutely has the right to say what he did, anytime, anywhere. He does not have the right to protection from repercussions.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

a reply to: HauntWok

Absolutely has the right to say what he did, anytime, anywhere. He does not have the right to protection from repercussions.

Just what repercussions are warranted?

Are these baseless accusations or facts that defy department policy standards?

What's up?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

There's no inherent protection in the freedom of speech from others calling him out for being an ass [snip].

Use all the words you like to express your opinion of his opinion.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: interupt42

The guy made an idiotic post but why does it have to be racist?

He is a Cop and ussually deals with arresting people who always claim innocense.

I'm not saying he isn't racist but why does it always have to come to racism?

Maybe he thinks "all blacks look alike", so he thinks we won't know that this isn't Michael Brown OR, he is trying to say that all young blacks are criminals (like the man in his picture), so Michael Brown must be a criminal too.

Also, the statement he made about whites not protesting over the acquittal of O.J. Simpson implies vague racism IMHO (whites don't cause as much "trouble" as blacks).

When was the last time you read about a bunch of Amish youth playing the knock out game?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Don't, just, don't...

The "knock out game" is simply assault. That's it, don't make it more than it really is.

Its assault. Don't make racist remarks, that's what stormfront is for, spread your racist hate there.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

People are idiots at 18. He was signed up to start college. I mean, I was a total ass at 16-18. He never got a chance to become a pillar of the community.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join