It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown Autopsy Report Leaked by NYT

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
a reply to: kruphix

The Doc also mentioned possible deflection, I just remembered that, but I think someone brought it up a few posts ago. It looks like, the way he is laying, both his arms ended up under him.

Yes, his arms are under him.

Again, not an expert...but wouldn't that be difficult if he had his hands up in the air?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It seems to me that if someone is running directly toward you it would be more likely for a shot to hit them in the top of the head than in the chest. In addition, the fact that the officer fired many shots indicates that he was afraid for his life. If you are in a situation where you feel in control it is not necessary to "empty the clip."

Edit: spelling
edit on 18-8-2014 by itguysrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: itguysrule
It seems to me that if someone is running directly toward you it would be more likely for a shot to hit them in the top of the head than in the chest. In addition, the fact that the officer fired many shots indicates that he was afraid for his life. If you are in a situation where you feel in control it is not necessary to "empty the clip."

Edit: spelling

It would also be more likely for a shot to enter the top of the head if the target were prone or falling. As for the number of shots fired, this could also happen for a number of reasons. Anger for one. Another might be that it didn't appear that the first few shots had struck their mark?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Another might be that it didn't appear that the first few shots had struck their mark?

I did not see anything on the caliber of weapon used, if it is a 9MM it would not surprise me if Mr. Brown was not stopped by several shots to the arm or shoulder as it is an ineffective weapon when not hitting center mass. Even then an enraged, or adrenaline-heightened person may not be stopped with the first few rounds.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.

The Doc also mentioned possible deflection, I just remembered that, but I think someone brought it up a few posts ago. It looks like, the way he is laying, both his arms ended up under him.

Yes, his arms are under him.

Again, not an expert...but wouldn't that be difficult if he had his hands up in the air?

Why would that be difficult? Do people leave their hands up in the air once they've been shot and just fall over like a statue? Wouldn't a fatal head shot cause the muscles to stop contracting and the arms to fall? Would your arms stay up if you were shot in one of them?

Looking at the pose, the most apparent thing is that he appears to have been at the very least unconscious before he hit the ground, or given the grievous nature of the fatal wounds, dead, as it doesn't look like his hands were in a position to stop him from falling.

What's your hypothesis? That he was running with his arms lowered and at his side?
edit on 2014-8-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Hey so no GSR on the hands correct? So that means the story of him reaching for the gun goes out the window ?

They lied or were mistaken about the shot in the back so all of their testimony is no longer credible.

Or the cop missed the shot when he was running away. More then one witness describes 8 shots, and we see 6 wounds.
The shot may have cause him to turn around so they thought he got hit
edit on thMon, 18 Aug 2014 13:14:32 -0500America/Chicago820143280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thMon, 18 Aug 2014 13:29:57 -0500America/Chicago820145780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Hey so no GSR on the hands correct? So that means the story of him reaching for the gun goes out the window ?

Not necessarily. He could have pulled back his hands if he saw the officer aiming his weapon and there could be residue on his clothes instead. That is why Dr. Baden said he could not make a complete determination on a struggle in the cruiser without the clothing.

edit on 18-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer so I am going to harvest his liver

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Tardacus

We don't know if GSR may have been found in the first autopsy AFAIK. If the body was washed after the initial autopsy, there may not have been anything to find during subsequent autopsies.
I don't know, I am not a forensic pathologist or CSI.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well the account I keep hearing, and what 'josie' said is that it was the officer trying to get his hand away from his gun that caused it to go off, but then again they have not released the official police report yet so I guess it is all speculative.
Wonder where that police report is.... Does it usually take over a week to write it up?

Also, we keep hearing how this throws the arms up out the window, but as ante pointed it out, the autopsy is shown with his palms facing up. Which would be the same way the arms would be if his hands were up.
Also as pointed out if you do the bend with the arms, it provides a way for re entry.
edit on thMon, 18 Aug 2014 13:31:54 -0500America/Chicago820145480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Wasn't the one leaked to the NY times the first autopsy? And that is the one that said no GSR on the body?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Nope second autopsy performed for the family at the mortuary. The first one done by the St Louis County has not been released yet. The third one from the DOJ is still to come also.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

...the autopsy is shown with his palms facing up. Which would be the same way the arms would be if his hands were up.

The post mortem diagram is always shown palms-up, it is a standard depiction and has nothing to do with this specific case.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
That was painful to read.

Were that my son laying in the street, you can bet that I would be rioting, too.

All it takes is some honesty and communication to help prevent rioting in cases like this. It is when you try to act coy that everyone starts to think you are hiding something.

I don't know what happened in those few minutes that resulted in Brown's death. But I do know what happened in the hours and days subsequent to that. And THAT is what I condemn FPD for.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
opinions vary don't they.

In addition, Brown had marijuana in his system when he was shot and killed by a police officer on Aug. 9 in Ferguson, according to this person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation.

County investigation: Michael Brown was shot from the front, had marijuana in his system

Rumors galore.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

of course he had pot in his system. He had stolen a fistful of cigarillo's.....

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And we all know how violent those pots heads are!!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
opinions vary don't they.

In addition, Brown had marijuana in his system when he was shot and killed by a police officer on Aug. 9 in Ferguson, according to this person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation.

County investigation: Michael Brown was shot from the front, had marijuana in his system

Rumors galore.

Oh, was he stoned? Given my experience with stoned people, the bum rush scenario is sounding a bit less plausible.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Plus toxicology reports aren't expected back for a couple of weeks.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb
a reply to: Sremmos80
Nope second autopsy performed for the family at the mortuary. The first one done by the St Louis County has not been released yet. The third one from the DOJ is still to come also.

And I don't know a damned thing about autopsy, but they were discussing it on CNN and a guest said that the body would have been washed after the first autopsy.

Wouldn't washing the body remove any residue from the gunpowder if it was ever on the body to begin with?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Now if they knew that a second, even third autopsy had already been ordered and authorized, would washing it be tampering?
Cause I agree that washing the body would take away gsr, or take away the opportunity to say conclusively that it was not on the body by the other autopsies.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join