It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the militia groups, when tyranny and oppression are crushing the people?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Besides, Beez was right. The militia was there--comprised of local citizens and defending their shops from the looters and arsonists.

link   
a reply to: GetOutOfMyLight

I defend people's right to defend what is legally theirs. I defend people's right to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I defend people's right to be unmolested and unharmed if committing no crime.

As of yet... no one is there. Bundy was wrong - legally; and so are these protestors, them because it was anything but peaceful.

The kid, that's a different story altogether, but for making any judgement call against the cop, an investigation needs to take place, (by an entity that does not involve Ferguson police) and a jury trial commence, just like any other possible crime.

But the cops showing up like they did had nothing to do with peaceful protestors, and if I lived there I would have welcomed them - because they showed up to protect innocent people. THAT was the right thing to do. I cannot protest that.

None of what I stand for is cultural, unless you consider basic American values to be a culture, which it possibly is, but only in the wide sense.
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: LDragonFire

Ohh, so you will address my questions.

Well, again. Why should Militia members assist those that are looting and rioting???

They shouldn't and nobody here said they should.

The people of Ferguson seem to be dead set on destroying their own town, as the rioting continued on last night as well.

I watched what happened live and what I saw doesn't agree with watch your saying.

This is what happens when Govt gets big and bloated. This, in Ferguson, is exactly what many on the "right wing" have been warning about. A Govt not concerned with the People. A Govt that has the ability to bring in weapons that the people don't have. A Govt that has the power to decide what happens.

I agree, and is why I wonder why the militias haven't shown up to support the people by standing against tyranny and oppression.

You, and every other Progressive here are front row witnesses to the Progressive Govt in action.

Don't know why you guys are complaining. This is the Govt that the people there deserve, as they have voted them in year after year.

LOL ok so isn't that more justifications for the militia to be there.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Were the "news crew" (who they are is not known from the 90 second snippet) not where they were supposed to be? Were they interfering? Were they inciting people?

That last sentence says a lot to me. "Were they inciting people?"

I would bet that they were, not overtly, but rather covertly. The bigger the story, the better the pay. They know how to interview/ask questions that get under peoples skin.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Ya i get the 'point' you are making and I 100% disagree with it.
And when the cops started using force one the protestors for no reason other then to just stop the protest, it did get out of hand I agree. But seems it was more of a cause and affect type thing. Maybe if they just let them peacefully protest then they would.
Good to know you think that if the good apples don't stop the bad apples then they are ALL bad apples.
I will be sure to remember that in future threads in this section as the "not all of them are bad apples" defense gets used by many.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You know the sayin'.

"One bad apple ruins the bushel"? There is a reason for that. Perception is one's reality.
edit on 14-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: ETA

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: NavyDoc

Were the "news crew" (who they are is not known from the 90 second snippet) not where they were supposed to be? Were they interfering? Were they inciting people?

That last sentence says a lot to me. "Were they inciting people?"

I would bet that they were, not overtly, but rather covertly. The bigger the story, the better the pay. They know how to interview/ask questions that get under peoples skin.

Well, and that's the thing. Shops are being looted and burned down. Driveby shootings are going on. People are being assaulted and robbed. The police need to restore order and that is an appropriate use of police powers. Sharpton and his ilk of race baiters and opportunists are just fueling the fire so they can get their mugs on TV and their pockets filled.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

They shouldn't and nobody here said they should.

I watched what happened live and what I saw doesn't agree with watch your saying.

News report offer a differing statement.
And to second the statement. Militias don't want violence. That is the biggest falsehood peddled by Progressives.
Once the rioting and looting stops, I would agree that maybe they should come out.

I agree, and is why I wonder why the militias haven't shown up to support the people by standing against tyranny and oppression.

Why should they go and support people that are getting the Govt they want and deserve?
Looks like the horse that didn't want to drink from the well, is now pissed because that time has passed and it is thirsty.

LOL ok so isn't that more justifications for the militia to be there.

Again, I personally wouldn't go there. The people there are truly getting the Govt they wanted, voted for and deserve.

I am not going to waste my time, nor put myself in harms way for people that have for some time now, been directly opposed to what me being there would mean.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You fit right in with the rest of the inciters for sure...There is NOT ENOUGH info to go on yet. Stop the nonsense and let them conduct a freakin investigation, then you can incite all you want. The militia is smart enough to know its too early, or they will protect those that are being burned and looted as that is needed. Once everything has been looked at and ALL facts are reviewed, then you can start your burn it all train....

The worst part is, you really think your doing what needs to be done, but people like you just make things worse when you literally jump the gun...Take a breath, give it time to find the truth. Only then can you decide how to proceed.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So explain the demilitarization of the situation by the authorities? If this is a continuing riot looting situation way would the main bulk of police withdraw?

I bet they got the organized instigators.

We won't hear the MSMalarkey saying this right away though.

And we don't know for certain they are actually "withdrawing" do we.

Why should anybody believe what the compulsive liar politicians say ?

Why would they all-of-a-sudden become truthful ?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

So the bad apples of the police department's ruin the departments.
I am glad we can agree on something

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If the store owners felt comfortable being trained to be armed to defend their businesses without fear of getting in trouble with law enforcement if they dare apply it... any problems would have been over before anyone could call 911.

In fact, it wouldn't have been started because there wouldn't be an entire community terrified of defending themselves mixed in with another community that feels it can get away with anything so long as there aren't any police around.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think it's possible that some of them might be withdrawing for fear of making the situation worse.

If it's true and they do withdraw, I hope they stop the rioting too and keep to peacefully protesting... but in this, only time will tell.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ranchers don't care how much or loud the cows moo... so long as they go in the pen.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So the bad apples of the police department's ruin the departments.
I am glad we can agree on something

Yep, and I have said so many times.

I don't like how the Police Unions protect the bad apples any more than you do and think that they should be held to a higher standard actually as enforcers of the law.

Back on topic though. You do realize that many militias are state run, right? What would give, say the Governor of Ohio authorization to send them to Missouri. They are volunteers after all. And I seriously doubt that any state militia would go to Ferguson, considering loss of wages, effects on their family and whether they are even wanted there or not.

Only a idiot would raise their hand.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I would agree that they may not even be wanted, but they could at least make a statement. Reach out the community in a response to what is going on and see if their presence is wanted. Not just silence.
Or show up and if the response is negative, get out of dodge.
If they want to hold the title oath keepers then they need to live up to it. Not pick and choose when they want to defend the oath.
Inconvenience should never be the reason they can't answer a cause they are need for either imo

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Only Progressives and Dems live in the world of statements and solidarity. Those things don't mean much for others.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The people in Ferguson that are protesting are not the right demographic for those groups to get involved.

They will come out armed in defense of some cows...but not for blacks.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Any genuine militia crazy enough to walk into a situation like the one in Ferguson, will pay a very high price for their patriotism. The media will turn each militia members life inside out, and make them out to be terrorists and anti-American. And the public will believe every word of it. It's a no-win situation.

When the American people decide they want their country back, the militia will have a leg to stand on, and supporters at every turn. Until then, they have no hope of winning a battle. Let alone the war.

Exactly. You would have to high moral ground to make a stand. This is why STL police allowed the looting because the STL police perps needed to regain the high moral ground they lost with the murder of Mike Brown.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Of course you can speak for what all of dems and progressives do, you of course know everything about them.
And ya solidarity is such a horrible thing, we should definitely not live in a world of such a terrible, terrible idea.
solidarity
Houghton Mifflin

n.noun

Unity of purpose, interest, or sympathy.
And of course republicans and conservatives never, ever make statements regarding things.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join