It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the militia groups, when tyranny and oppression are crushing the people?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The answer to the question is twofold--first of all, nobody is certain what went down there. This could be a case of a wrongful shoot or it could be a case of a LEO reacting to a violent assault. Unless there is a blatant and obvious abuse of power, nobody knows what side to come down on. It may be obvious to the OP because of his preconceived views and prejudices, but it is not plain and obvious to everyone. You have to have an obvious wrong to get excited about.

Secondly, the looting and rioting and the usual suspects of race baiters and opportunists certainly kills popular support for anyone honest and reasonable to come to their "aid."

The police are not smashing down doors and taking citizens off into the night like the Stasi, they are responding to violent mobs who steal, commit arson, loot, and assault their fellow citizens. It is not a huge injustice for the police to respond to it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex
I can see the irony that you want to say you see that the protestors and the looters are separate but yet you continue to lump them together

What militia, or anybody for that matter with a ounce of common sense, want to associate themselves with people who say they are peacefully protesting, yet looting and burning.

So which is it Tdawg, are they separate or is everyone that is protesting also looting and burning?

edit on thThu, 14 Aug 2014 13:54:26 -0500America/Chicago820142680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

How is that not lumping the peaceful protestors with the bad apples?

I already addressed that as well. But will post it a third time, maybe the third time is a charm. Pay attention to the last two words in the sentence. It may just be revealing.

I'm sure that many if not most were peaceful people, but what are they doing to stop the bad apples in the mix...absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

How is that not lumping the peaceful protestors with the bad apples?

I already addressed that as well. But will post it a third time, maybe the third time is a charm. Pay attention to the last two words in the sentence. It may just be revealing.

I'm sure that many if not most were peaceful people, but what are they doing to stop the bad apples in the mix...absolutely nothing.

Well they certainly aren't about to call the police. They don't want to be killed.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

What are the police doing against the bad cops? Local communities don't trust the local law enforcement, just how many local jurisdictions, need the federal government to come in and conduct investigations and over site??

Using your logic, what does this make the police?
edit on 14-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: my government education sucked!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

As long as the peaceful yet silent protesters do nothing to stop the violence, then yes, I lump them together. They may be to scared to interfere, but that is no excuse.

We see this all the time.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

And since the peaceful protesters are not doing anything to stop the bad apples, they are guilty by association. Plain and simple.
edit on 14-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: ETA

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I agree.

That's the only part I have a problem with, when people are comparing it to the Bundy cause.

There you had
Group A= The authorities
Group B= Protestors

But here you have Group C as well. Those mingling in with the protestors, looting, shooting, burning. They are the problem, that muddy the waters. It was a clear line at the Bundy ranch.

But I do agree that rights have been violated, BIG TIME, and that can't be allowed. Not real clear on how that should be handled though right now.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Militarisation of the police is bad. It should have been the National Guard who came to stop the riot.

This is what no one wants to acknowledge... that armed men should have been showing up - stopping the riot and protecting ordinary citizens in the area who aren't rioting.

Now that the tone is slightly changed, which is good I'm all for a peaceful protest... what happens if the police back off now? Will the riot just turn right back into rioting?

We don't know... and I'm sure they don't either. Best bet, is that if you are against those things, then peaceful (actual real peaceful) protests should happen - everywhere BUT Ferguson, because of how it began there - and because that is the ONLY way to diffuse the situation properly at this point..

but that is ONLY if protesting the right thing matters... and being pissed off for no good reason doesn't.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

As long as the peaceful yet silent protesters do nothing to stop the violence, then yes, I lump them together. They may be to scared to interfere, but that is no excuse.

We see this all the time.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

And since the peaceful protesters are not doing anything to stop the bad apples, they are guilty by association. Plain and simple.

So You're taking the side of the police. Meaning? a. it's okay to murder an unarmed kid as long as you have a badge. B. Protesting should be illegal. c. you don't believe in the constitution. d. It's never okay to film cops and report their illegal activities.

Got it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Explain to me again why Militia members should be charging in to assist and defend loiters and rioters?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

I think the militia should come to the aid of the people of the city of Ferguson MO.

link   

originally posted by: macman

Explain to me again why Militia members should be charging in to assist and defend loiters and rioters?

They would be defending the overwhelmingly majority of peaceful protesters, journalists and news crews that are being victimized by the militarized scum on the Ferguson police force. Oh wait, Bundy was white. Never mind, militias only defend white people.

link   

Those last two words are what get me! Not only is it not true, as shown by this thread,www.abovetopsecret.com...
what does it have to do with the cops busting up the peaceful protests? Since they are not doing anything about the bad apples they don't have the right to protest anymore?

Why does them not being able to stop the bad apples put a black eye on the peaceful protestors?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: chiefsmom

Simple answer, what if that didn't happen?

Don't come around with what if's, they don't add anything to conversations

You cannot compare the Bundy event with this one. Apples to oranges, WITHOUT the race card.

And why? What is different?
Are peoples rights not being taken away from them right now? Isn't that what the bundy thing was about? His right to his land?

What rights are being taken away? Peaceful protestors are allowed to protest. The looting and Molotov cocktails and arson and assault are what the cops are addressing and non of those are constitutionally protected rights.

link   
So what your saying is that they should add to the chaos?? As I said, tactically that doesnt make much sense. a reply to: Cuervo

link   
Culture difference. Not racial difference.

The divide is because of different cultures, not different skin.

You have to be a useful idiot or deliberate manipulator to play the racism game. It's plain as day now that people organize based on culture... not race. Thus why someone can be acting "too white" or "too black" and be shunned by their culture. It's the BEHAVIOR and VALUES.

But that's not a politically viable platform, so the idiot drums keep being beat. Also... there are a lot of people who don't want to fess up to their behavior and values. There are entitlement issues on both sides of the coin whether it's for freebies or MRAPs.
edit on 14-8-2014 by GetOutOfMyLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Explain why you can't see that it is not the entire town that is is looting and rioting.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Maybe they should come and defend the journalists, unless eating at McDonald's and using there wifi for there reports is also rioting and looting.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Just like the journalist that have been denied the ability to report and arrested for trying?
And the peaceful protest that were met with tear gas and rubber pellets?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

What are the police doing against the bad cops? Local communities don't trust the local law enforcement, just how many local jurisdictions, need the federal government to come in and conduct investigations and over site??

Using your logic, what does this make the police?

Investigations take time.

Making a snap judgement often leads to even worse consequences, from which I have seen with my own eyes.

This entire thing is being blown way beyond proportions in my opinion. And of course, I think that the Feds are involved precisely because of the rioting, not the death of a teen. They are using this to further their agenda I think.

Kids die violently every day in the US and the Feds don't get involved and there are next to no riots as well. What make this case any different?

I believe what Beez said, but disagree as well. Ferguson already has it's heros, but they also have a big gang problem. And this situation, the gangs are using to their advantage. People tend to think of gangs as stupid criminals, they are anything but stupid.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join