It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC news crew threatened with arrest for filming a FEMA camp??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
It is under tight security because they are shooting a film there.

From your source:

With prisoners vacated, the only people on the grounds were a movie crew and corrections staff. Why the super secrecy?

See Magnum's post below yours, and even if the NBC crew were there to take sneaky peak at the movie filming, that must be surely out of law juristriction, and anyway, the reporter was doing his piece to camera on a totally different subject at the time, and the fact that the blockade car was something less than a blockade kind of proves that.
I guess that Lt Dome, or Doran has a hard on when it comes to TV cameras..yup, very strange.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I have known a few guys over my career that were based at essentially closed bases that were deemed still important enough to keep a small crew to do basic maintenance and up keep.

At least in my limited access to those situations they never had that many people to keep up a closed installation, they were more in the range of 15-20... 76 seems excessive for just a prison.

Not saying its a fema camp, but it wouldn't surprise me if something extra was going on there.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Did they catch them filming for the next false flag?
We should watch out for events involving prisons!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Its a prison for trolls watch out

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I smell grounds for a major lawsuit, given members of the public were allowed on cottage grounds without incident.
Take these rent-a-cops to task for their bilious behaviour and donate the proceeds to a trust reserved for the maintenance of this important historical site.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Are you refering to this in Magnum's post?

The part where the lieutenant said your up here for other reasons got me.

Could be that he was suggesting the news crew was there to catch some big-name celebrity on camera. I don't know. That statement could mean many different things.

that must be surely out of law juristriction

It would be their jurisdiction if the prison is still government property.

the reporter was doing his piece to camera on a totally different subject at the time

Irrelevant. If he was not supposed to be filming in the area around the prison, it doesn't matter what they intended to film.

the fact that the blockade car was something less than a blockade kind of proves that

Forgive me. I'm not understanding what you mean.
edit on 8/7/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
How does this become a FEMA camp thing? You have a prison being shut down so that it can be torn down for developers and a park and that has some film crew that bored and over zealous guards have no doubt been told to be on watch for people like TMZ who will be trying to get some inside info on the film. How would one connect this to a FEMA camp again?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What do prison guards have to do with a local historic site, and a entire mountain? Generally private security has police powers when on the clock at the property they work at. They don't work at the historic site nor the mountain itself??? They certainly don't have policing powers on the public road? Lt. Dorne and the one that blocked the entrance should be charged with impersonating a police officer, unless they can prove they were working for the Historic place.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Did you film the prison?
Dude I been sneaking around here for months, yes I filmed it.
And you're just now noticing? Yes I did, I filmed the ovens, i
filmed the shackles, the rail cars and barracks. I even got some
shots of you shine'n up the guillotines. And Im not just gonna fork
em over that's for sure. But I might be open to sell'n ya the rights.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
What do prison guards have to do with a local historic site, and a entire mountain? Generally private security has police powers when on the clock at the property they work at. They don't work at the historic site nor the mountain itself??? They certainly don't have policing powers on the public road? Lt. Dorne and the one that blocked the entrance should be charged with impersonating a police officer, unless they can prove they were working for the Historic place.

They assumed they were heading to the cottage because that was the best vantage point to film the movie production. No doubt they assumed that a news crew doing a story on the cottage at the same time a movie was being flimed was just a cover story. They were not stopping anybody else so they no doubt were on alert for TMZ types.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Seems there are a lot of apparent absurdities going on
lately that are being caught on video.

It reminded me of a video I watched of John Leer driving
up to the gates of Area 51, but even then Security never
approached him.

Rebel 5

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

There job is to observe and report, to block the entrance then yield when other cars comes tells you they had no real authority. Again impersonating a police officer is a felony and they have the whole thing on tape.

This is not normal and they need to get a film crew up to that prison and film whats really going on there. You could tell the Real cop was questioning why he needed to take there film, apparently they had no legal reason to take there film.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
FEMA camp or no, I must admit that the demeanor of the gaurd was questionable. Looked like the responding state PD was kinda like, "wtf am I here for exactly?"

Curiouser and curiouser.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Were I a card-carrying conspiracy theory lunatic, I might suspect that those folks are capturing future "stock footage"... all directed and produced for our consumption.... but then... nah... right?... that's a paranoid notion.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Looks like it's time to send in the bumble bee camera drone and check it out.

I really want an insect sized drone for checking out things like this.

Imagine flying in behind personal and riding the elevator to the bottom of 51 or Denver airport. You know, just checking things out.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247
Probably something really important like another Super Hero Movie or a Reality TV Show with muscles and nudies!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I bet that FEMA camp is FULL of people who have Disapeard.
some one needs to hide and stake it out.
to see if they bring in food and stuff.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Sure, I suppose I believe that the term private security firm could be a nice way to explain away anyone asking questions.

I guess what I am saying is that any alphabet agency could go under that terminology, I guess Blackwater has forever changed my view of a private security firm!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: magnum1188

especially with the new executive order on quarantine

What executive order is that then?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

You may be right, perhaps it is as simple as you describe and it is just a matter of policy.

Also maybe it was just LT Dorne on a power trip, the whole situation is weird, hopefully it is as you have described and there is simply nothing to see here!

I am very leary of the Prison industry, the amount of money spent on new prisons alone, considering our for profit prison industry. Given the nature of our government and its secrecy I still see merit to there being more going on here than meets the eye!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831pmThursday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join