It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL statistics of those killed in Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
A 1 to 1 ratio is historically outstanding and must really frustrate Hamas and the rest of the militants as they hope for mass civilian casualties so they can enrich themselves further from aid collected around the world.

With new tech coming out in the world, guided bullets, drones, invisibility, the ratios will come down even further. Soon human shields will be obsolete.

This is why they lie about militants being civilians.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: HisRoyalJewness

I guess radiating a land they want to steal wouldn't be in their best interest but was trying to infer that Palestinians pipe bombs are firecrackers against a much stronger military opponent. More of an annoyance than a real threat.

Israel sites tell the latest Qassam IV has a maximum range of 9 miles. Iranian missiles have a maximum range of 1200+ miles. So if Iran was helping Hamas, its a sure bet they'd already have missiles with at least a 100+ mile range.

Common the tigers!

Israel already left all of Gaza (Sinai and South Lebanon) so your first point is not correct.

Hamas missiles, their country of origin and range:

www.bangngangan.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Israel damage control out in full force.

There's no way of knowing how many terrorists have been killed, but it is a fact that innocent men, women and children have been killed. That's all we need to know. There's no way to sugar coat but it doesn't stop people from trying. It's genocide. Boycot Israel

And no one at all will think you are biased with a name like: Hisroyaljewness

I'm a proud Zionist and Pan-Israelist.

Genocide involved the deaths of more than 100 people. Syria might be more like it with 150,000 dead in 3 years.
edit on 17-7-2014 by Anglojew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: HisRoyalJewness

originally posted by: Vovin
Isn't it funny though how Hamas was democratically elected by the Palestinians to run their government, only to be immediately labelled as terrorists and bombed and assassinated ever since? I swear the pre-9/11 definition of "terrorism" was violence used to destabilize political institutions. For example: targeted killing of Hamas officials, intentional bombing of public infrastructure, and mass-murdering civilians in the process to scare the Palestinians into thinking that Hamas cannot protect them so the Palestinian untermensch will submit to Israeli liebensraum programs if they want the indiscriminate killings to stop.

They were labelled terrorists before they were elected because of their suicide bombing campaigns which killed over 1000 Israeli civilians.

en.wikipedia.org...

Apologists for the Palestinians always say crap like this. The fact is both the Fatah President and Hamas were elected for 4 years in 2006. They're presently in their 8th year of a 4 year term. Some democracy.

Well it doesn't matter what you think.

Hamas was democratically elected by the Palestinian people, making Hamas the official government of the Palestinian people.

Israel intentionally targeting government officials is terrorism, it is assassination. There is zero moral justification or legal basis for Israeli aggression. Israel has committed literally thousands of war crimes and crimes against humanity where if its leaders were ever sent to The Hague, they would surely be convicted.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
I'd like to add a little something from The New York Times from July 9, 2014

www.nytimes.com...

JERUSALEM — The call came to the cellphone of his brother’s wife, Salah Kaware said Tuesday. Mr. Kaware lives in Khan Younis, in southeast Gaza, and the caller said that everyone in the house must leave within five minutes, because it was going to be bombed.

A further warning came as the occupants were leaving, he said in a telephone interview, when an Israeli drone apparently fired a flare at the roof of the three-story home. “Our neighbors came in to form a human shield,” he said, with some even going to the roof to try to prevent a bombing. Others were in the stairway when the house was bombed not long afterward.

Seven people died, Mr. Kaware said, a figure also stated by the Palestinian Health Ministry in Gaza, which also said that 25 people were wounded. The Israeli military said that targeted houses belonged to Hamas members involved in launching rockets or other military activity, and that they had been used as operations rooms.

But the events on Tuesday were another example of a contentious Israeli policy in which occupants of a building about to be bombed or shelled are given a brief warning in Arabic to evacuate. The Israelis have used such telephone calls and leaflets for years now, in a stated effort to reduce civilian casualties and avoid charges of indiscriminate killings or even of crimes against the rules of war.

I'm sorry, but this tells me that this is not intentional killing. What army tells it's target they will be bombed soon and they should run? Then people go up on the roof and into the building trying to stop a bombing mission? Sounds like "Suicide by IDF" to me. I believe that the Israeli forces are going out of their way to prevent deaths while still telling Hamas that they are tired of having to shoot down incoming rockets and herding their citizens into shelters.

Half the country in shelters? Can you even imagine that?

Then Egypt proposes a cease-fire, Israel says "sure" and Hamas says "No way, Jose." This tells the Israelis that Hamas is going to keep fighting. The only sane thing for Israel to do is to strap on their swords, and go back to trying to stop the attacks.

OK, everybody involved is bad, but not equally bad.

How many times has Israel actually provided proof that these homes actually belonged to Hamas members? Too many people turn a blind eye to these actions just because Israel says it belonged to Hamas. It's time for the world community to demand proof from the Israeli's and if they don't provide it then arrest the Israeli government that is responsible and put them on trial for war crimes.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

We often disagree, but not to the extent that my jaw drops and I have to re-read the post the next day to make sure it says what I thought it said. Here, you've outdone yourself.

I don't even mind that you didn't address the issues I was devoting myself to in the portion you quoted. A little change of topic can be refreshing, but this?

How many times has Israel actually provided proof that these homes actually belonged to Hamas members? Too many people turn a blind eye to these actions just because Israel says it belonged to Hamas. It's time for the world community to demand proof from the Israeli's and if they don't provide it then arrest the Israeli government that is responsible and put them on trial for war crimes.
You really want the Israelis to gather incontrovertible proof that a home belongs to, or is being used by Hamas? In which war between countries has this ever been required? It never has, but now you want to create this new rule to affect Israel's army, and Israel's alone?

If you decided to apply it fairly, then let Hamas show us that it can provide proof that every rocket they fire is going to land on a legitimate military target. They can't, of course, and that's even worse than what Israel is doing by miles. Hamas is saying "Let's just send a bunch of rockets into Israel. Maybe we'll hit something, maybe we won't, these things aren't that reliable. But if we send enough over we might hit something. Even if we don't, we've forced Israel to spend half a billion on air defense systems, and we still shut down portions of the country as we force them into shelters." Well, they've finally killed someone, through sheer, blind, bad luck. War crimes for each rocket irresponsibly sent to explode wherever they happen to land?

Besides, let say that Israel provides proof to the world saying something like, "We sent our secret informer, buster2010, into Achmed Street. He discovered that number 666 had 200 rockets in the basement. Here are the photos and the videos he took as he walked down into this secret, inaccessible, hideout. Notice he fooled all of the Hamas soldiers into letting him see this secret space."

Then the world replies, "Let's take a look at it for a few days, and we'll let you know what we think." The next day, Israeli aerial reconnaissance shows that a couple of trucks filled with rockets are leaving 666 Achmed Street. The world sympathizes, but insists that Israel can't bomb the place now. As the Israeli military leaves, the world says, "That was fun. Come back next time and we can do this all over again."

If you're going to insist on that incredibly bizarre standard, which has never been, and never will be used, arrest the government of every country in the Mid-east, most of the countries of Africa, Russia, China, the US, and feel free to go back in history to charge every government that ever existed with war crimes.

And of course, this doesn't even begin to touch on the precautions the Israeli's are making, such as phone calls and roof knocking.

After reading your comment for the fifth time, I'm still astonished. I would appreciate any explanation.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Just a little more on the subject of war crimes, from Wikipedia:

After Operation Pillar of Defense, Human Rights Watch stated that Palestinian groups had endangered civilians by "repeatedly fired rockets from densely populated areas, near homes, businesses, and a hotel" and noted that under international law, parties to a conflict may not to place military targets in or near densely populated areas.

One rocket was launched close to the Shawa and Housari Building, where various Palestinian and international media have offices; another was fired from the yard of a house near the Deira Hotel. Human Rights Watch said it had not been able to identify any instance where civilians had been warned to evacuate an area before a rocket launch by Palestinian militants.

New York Times journalist Steven Erlanger reported that "Hamas rocket and weapons caches, including rocket launchers, have been discovered in and under mosques, schools and civilian homes." Another report published by Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center revealed that Hamas used close to 100 mosques to store weapons and as launch-pads to shoot rockets. The report contains testimony from variety Palestinian sources, including a Hamas militant Sabhi Majad Atar, who said he was taught how to shoot rockets from inside a mosque.

Hamas has also been criticized by Israeli officials for blending into or hiding among the Palestinian civilian population During the 2008–2009 Israel–Gaza conflict. The Israeli government published what it said was video evidence of human shield tactics by Hamas. Israel said that Hamas frequently used mosques and school yards[279] as hideouts and places to store weapons, and that Hamas militants stored weapons in their homes, making it difficult to ensure that civilians close to legitimate military targets are not hurt during Israeli military operations. Israeli officials also accused the Hamas leadership of hiding under Shifa Hospital during the conflict, using the patients inside to deter an Israeli attack.

It appears that Palestine is quite happy to have it's civilians killed if it means bad press for Israel. That is sick beyond words.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
After the last Israeli Hamas war a study was done by some reporters.

First there were no natural deaths during the combat period. no one died from cancer, heart attacks, or any other non war caused disorder.
And people were being buried two to a grave because photos of cemeteries only had half of the number of graves as what was listed as war dead.

All deaths in Gaza were listed as having been caused directly by Israeli fire.

The crude death rate in Gaza is about 8.5 per 1000 per year.
Normal mortality not war caused would be about 14 people a day at a population of 1.8 million.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Isn't it funny though how Hamas was democratically elected by the Palestinians to run their government, only to be immediately labelled as terrorists and bombed and assassinated ever since? I swear the pre-9/11 definition of "terrorism" was violence used to destabilize political institutions. For example: targeted killing of Hamas officials, intentional bombing of public infrastructure, and mass-murdering civilians in the process to scare the Palestinians into thinking that Hamas cannot protect them so the Palestinian untermensch will submit to Israeli liebensraum programs if they want the indiscriminate killings to stop.

They were labelled terrorists before they were elected because of their suicide bombing campaigns which killed over 1000 Israeli civilians.

en.wikipedia.org...

Apologists for the Palestinians always say crap like this. The fact is both the Fatah President and Hamas were elected for 4 years in 2006. They're presently in their 8th year of a 4 year term. Some democracy.

Hamas was democratically elected by the Palestinian people, making Hamas the official government of the Palestinian people.

Israel intentionally targeting government officials is terrorism, it is assassination. There is zero moral justification or legal basis for Israeli aggression. Israel has committed literally thousands of war crimes and crimes against humanity where if its leaders were ever sent to The Hague, they would surely be convicted.

1. Hamas is 4 or 5 years past its elected mandate of 4 years.

2. Hamas is a terrorist group that calls for killing all Jews in its charter and tries its best to do this;

avalon.law.yale.edu...

I guess that's why you like them so much?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
After the last Israeli Hamas war a study was done by some reporters.

First there were no natural deaths during the combat period. no one died from cancer, heart attacks, or any other non war caused disorder.
And people were being buried two to a grave because photos of cemeteries only had half of the number of graves as what was listed as war dead.

All deaths in Gaza were listed as having been caused directly by Israeli fire.

The crude death rate in Gaza is about 8.5 per 1000 per year.
Normal mortality not war caused would be about 14 people a day at a population of 1.8 million.

They also blamed Israel for the deaths of political opponents they killed eg fatah. The site is filled with useful idiots who believe it all.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anglojew

en.wikipedia.org...

1. Hamas is 4 or 5 years past its elected mandate of 4 years.

2. Hamas is a terrorist group that calls for killing all Jews in its charter and tries its best to do this;

avalon.law.yale.edu...

I guess that's why you like them so much?

Oh gee you got me! I must be one of them Jew-haters I hear so much about, never thought I'd be so lucky for a vicious Israeli to label me as one of those.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join