It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trail cam: Something big smashes a log into powder

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I had a write up but I deleted it because I thought I saw an anomaly in the video. Quick summary, Something destroys a log against the tree.
The anomaly seems to be a quick edit at 30 sec but I'm not sure what happens there.
edit on 11-7-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

That has got to be a Cuban Sasquatch . He will shortly be shaved down and sent to the MLB.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Nice Hoax. Bigfoot! always have to laugh at these. It's a "trail" cam. OF COURSE it is silly. It's a camera, on a trail, in the woods, so people can make up bigfoot hoax films and mess with them in photoshop! And I must say. Bigfoot is REMARKABLEY accurate witha piece of wood, it never touched before. And why would "it" throw the log directly at the camera? Like "it" knows what a camera is spying on it? Total TOtal Hoax, and the one other tell, that's ACTUALLY in the flim, PROVES it. But it looked cool!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tencap77

You can't claim a guy in a suit can smash a log with such force it bust right open. Can you?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Yes, if it's rotted wood, or if it was prepared before hand.

I really don't know about Bigfoot. He's never seemed to have a really big impact on people. If he wants to hide out in the woods, I say "Leave him alone, and he'll leave you alone."

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

If it is an old dead log, it could be done easily. Some of them don't weigh much (dead trees) and they shatter like that too.

That is an interesting video, but gut and head both scream hoax.

No matter what though, even if a hoax, it is cool.

s&f

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Depends on the condition of the wood. It could have been a dead rotting branch, for example. I enjoyed the clip though.

edit on 11-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tencap77

And why would "it" throw the log directly at the camera? Like "it" knows what a camera is spying on it? But it looked cool!

Likely a hoax, but I would think a creature, such as Sasquatch, would recognize a man made gadget. If they are real and elusive as they seem to be, I would think it would smash a field camera if it came upon it. That would be a reasonable response for an intelligent animal that came across a strange object that smelled like the humans it tries to avoid.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It is possible, if log is very dry or insect ridden. And it looks that this was, indeed, the case.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I can't put my finger on it but something about the video seems off to me, leading me to believe that this is most likely a fake.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Yes, I don't rule that out. But judging by the amount rot dust, I would say that was a fair sized log. Pause after it's thrown towards the camera. It looks pretty big.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: tencap77

You can't claim a guy in a suit can smash a log with such force it bust right open. Can you?

He didn't just bust it into powder, he chunked it at the camera with real force. That would have had to be a prop log, made of light material, for a human to throw it like that. Papier Mache?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Exactly. But a prop log? That could be a stretch Along the same theme of BF and trail cams, I would like to add this. Just zip to 24:44 minutes because that's where the action starts.

edit on 11-7-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Don't mean to go off track, but I've got a couple more questions.

Why did he smash the log in the first place? He was just feeling exuberant and wanted to smash things? It wasn't for food, water, or sex, so why?

Second, if he was throwing at the camera, his aim was poor. He missed it by what, a yard? Look at the angle from which the camera was viewing him. If he was throwing at the camera with good aim, the log would have stayed in the center of the frame until it hit the lens. As it was, it went off to the viewer's right. My guess is that the log hit some branches which knocked the camera down. (Wouldn't the camera be better secured than that?)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Well to be devil's advocate, if it were a hoax then wouldn't you make sure you got a direct hit?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Yes. I used to do it all the time whe I was a little kid, playing in the forests of new england. it's called "dry rot" or some crap like that. the wood becomes like super dry and super "powdery" and super light weight, since all of the water and sap are gone from the wood, it's like holding onto a paper straw. when you smash it against another tree trunk or something it "exsplodes". when you do it and catch the sunlight just right, it really makes your buzz worth while!

Again, I have to ask the question. Why was the bigfoot so remarkably accurate. why did he specifically target the camera. why? I was unaware that digital cameras made a lot of noise. My trailcams don't make any? It's not that i don't believe there is a possibility of a bigfoot type of creature to exist. They are like UFO's, NO EVIDENCE! None! My family has been on this continent a long, long, long time. We have many. many, many relatives who are the people that were here BEFORE the Europeans (the ohter half of the tree) showed up on north american soil. When I asked My grandfathers and grandmothers about the bigfoot thing, they said it sounded like a fairy tail to keep the people of the dawn away. Also, they said it could have been to much whiskey !

Want a bigofot? put a decent sniper team in the field. Easy Peasy.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It could be a real gorilla.
On the other side the video is strange, so it may have been modified somehow.
Anyway, this is not enough to make a difference, IMO.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

Why did he smash the log in the first place?

To make noise. It is common for gorillas to break limbs as a territorial warning. I have received advice from an Innuit in bear country to carry a heavy stick and beat on trees to avoid a bear attack. They tend to attack when surprised, especially if they have cubs.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

As a cinematic endeavor, the film is very entertaining. looks like a graphic novel. but no, having the bigfoot attack the only peice of human technology around, and destroy it on the first shot? It's not like it's an M1A2 or something. Also, there is one more tell in the film, and it's a lock. Still waiting for you to find it.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

Why did he smash the log in the first place? He was just feeling exuberant and wanted to smash things? It wasn't for food, water, or sex, so why?

I think we're intended to believe that it was a threat display in reaction to the trail cam's proximity light turning on.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join