It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much does Hobby Lobby pay their employees?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: xuenchen

" minimum wage " has a specific definition .

using minimum as a synonym for avareage is not confusing - its deliberately dishonest behaviour by your sources

Maybe that's why I put "minimum wage" in quotes.

But Hobby Lobby *IS* better than Walmart yes?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
they just won the right for all relgious employers to deny their employees access to birth control?

That's not true.

- Their right to religious freedom as promised in the US Constitution was confirmed.
- Their right not to have to pay for abortificants was confirmed.
- Hobby Lobby pays for 16 types of birth control including 'the pill'.
- They did NOT deny employees access to birth control. That's not even possible. Anyone in this country can go into a Planned Parenthood clinic and get free birth control. Anyone in this country can go into a drug store or gas station store and buy a boatload of cheap condoms. No one has been restricted in their movements.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Win.. Unless you are suggesting the OP PERSONALLY has a stake in the reputation and outcome of this matter for the Hobby Lobby ownership or corporate interests, then I'll call this what it is. One member posting about a topic in the headlines today, for the interest of seeing what everyone thinks.

I am curious you view it and the need for response in such clear agenda driven terms.

Hobby Lobby is a business. Just that. Nothing more...nothing less...and they no more deserve to be demonized for a Supreme Court decision going their way than any other U.S. Citizen or entity should "suffer" for winning in a Court of Law.
edit on 7/1/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

they just won the right for all relgious employers to deny their employees access to birth control?

That's not true.

- Their right to religious freedom as promised in the US Constitution was confirmed.
- Their right not to have to pay for abortificants was confirmed.
- Hobby Lobby pays for 16 types of birth control including 'the pill'.
- They did NOT deny employees access to birth control. That's not even possible. Anyone in this country can go into a Planned Parenthood clinic and get free birth control. Anyone in this country can go into a drug store or gas station store and buy a boatload of cheap condoms. No one has been restricted in their movements.

Please provide a citation proving that the Supreme Court addressed the use of 4 types of contraception only.

The Supreme Court delivered a blow to universal birth control coverage on Monday, ruling that closely-held corporations can refuse to cover contraception in their health plans for religious reasons.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

That mean a Catholic business can deny any and all birth control, if it's against the employer's sincerely held belief.

The science of birth control is not an issue in this ruling.
edit on 1-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Wrabbit2000

All that is fine and valid, but this thread's purpose is to bail Hobby Lobby out of it's PR nightmare, right now, by promoting this guise that HL is such a saintly, benevolent employer! Puleeeze!

Hobby Lobby is selfish and hypocritical at every turn.

I think the ones with the "PR Problem" right now are:

1) The White House

2) The Obama Administration

3) The Democrats in Congress

4) The Democratic National Committee

The "Artists" in those outfits need more lessons.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

That's your opinion. I strongly disagree with it.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

That's what defines a free nation. You can disagree as I can and no one can do a thing to us for it.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Sounds like they can afford their own contraceptives.

well since women are the only ones that have to come with the out-of-pocket expense that once was born by hobby lobby...women just took a pay cut....but, who gives a crap, as long as god says it's ok, they can discriminate all they want

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Please provide a citation proving that the Supreme Court addressed the use of 4 types of contraception only.

I didn't say that. Read what I posted.

That mean a Catholic business can deny any and all birth control, if it's against the employer's sincerely held belief.

If a Catholic Business ... lets say EWTN (The Catholic Cable Network) ... says it's against their religion to pay for all birth control for it's employees, then they shouldn't have to pay for it.

If a Muslim Business ... lets say a Muslim who owns/runs a limo service, says it's against his religion to have/serve alcohol and he doesn't want to supply it or have it in his limos, then he shouldn't have to have it.

People have a right to run their business according to their religious beliefs, as long as those beliefs don't discriminate according to the law. If EWTN says they won't pay for birth control, then the employees who don't like it can either leave and work elsewhere, or they can go get their free birth control from Planned Parenthood, or they can buy it at the local drug store.

Ditto the Muslim business. If employees or customers don't like it ... they can go elsewhere.

No one would be stopping people from getting birth control.
No one would be stopping people from getting booze.

What is wildly amazing is that the left wing is so intolerant of the rights of those that they disagree with.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hobby Lobby announced this last year. I was excited about it then because my wife and I have a dear friend that works for HL and she really could have used the increase. But that increase is an average of all wages and most of the increase went to upper management. Not sure, but I believe she got 50 cents out of the deal.

So why is this being trudged-back out now and why are people being misleading about the increase?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
can't wait for the next "god" decision to be made into a law by our supreme court...ah yes, mythical beliefs, from a mythical god, written only by men, from at least 1600 years ago....hey!! lets bring back slavery!!!.... it's in the bible you know, at least all the black people will be fully employed

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

If a Catholic Business ... lets say EWTN (The Catholic Cable Network) ... says it's against their religion to pay for all birth control for it's employees, then they shouldn't have to pay for it.

That's what the Supreme Court ruled. This ruling wasn't about Hobby Lobby. It's about how the law will be applied to closely held corporations with religious objection to birth control, et al.

If a Muslim Business ... lets say a Muslim who owns/runs a limo service, says it's against his religion to have/serve alcohol and he doesn't want to supply it or have it in his limos, then he shouldn't have to have it.

That is so non sequitur! Apples and sawdust!

No one would be stopping people from getting birth control.

Your a fool if you really believe that. Tell that to the women who live hundreds of miles from a Planned Parenthood. Try Googling "The Push to Defund Planned Parenthood".

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think the ones with the "PR Problem" right now are:

1) The White House

2) The Obama Administration

Doesn't matter = Lame Duck

3) The Democrats in Congress

4) The Democratic National Committee

Don't be fooled. This will enflame the "War on Women" and Democrats will gain the support of more women and minorities. I see a Democratic White house for decades to come because of this ruling.

Here comes Hillary! Ya Betcha!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Tell that to the women who live hundreds of miles from a Planned Parenthood.

Ever hear of 7/11? Walgreens? Target? The freak'n grocery store? Heck ... gas station bathrooms? All have birth control. All have condoms that cost from 50 cents to $1 each. A 12 pack of Trojans is $7.00

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

This will enflame the "War on Women"

There is no 'war on women'. THat's an MSNBC soundbite.

Here comes Hillary! Ya Betcha!

Then all this should make you happy. Smile.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

flyersfan...you seem to forget the long history of religion, as it portains to cruelty, discrimination, and deadly intolerance, I guess that is only a "belief" held by the left...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

There is no 'war on women'. THat's an MSNBC soundbite.

You are incredibly out of touch, or, you're in denial.

Proof of the GOP Was on Women

A recent report from the Guttmacher Institute details the extent of 2011′s war on Women’s Reproductive Rights. The report states,

By almost any measure, issues related to reproductive health and rights at the state level received unprecedented attention in 2011. In the 50 states combined, legislators introduced more than 1,100 reproductive health and rights-related provisions, a sharp increase from the 950 introduced in 2010. By year’s end, 135 of these provisions had been enacted in 36 states, an increase from the 89 enacted in 2010 and the 77 enacted in 2009. (Note: This analysis refers to reproductive health and rights-related “provisions,” rather than bills or laws, since bills introduced and eventually enacted in the states contain multiple relevant provisions.)
Fully 68% of these new provisions—92 in 24 states—-restrict access to abortion services, a striking increase from last year, when 26% of new provisions restricted abortion. The 92 new abortion restrictions enacted in 2011 shattered the previous record of 34 adopted in 2005.
Abortion restrictions took many forms: bans (6 states), waiting periods (3 states), ultrasound 5 states), insurance coverage (3 states joined the existing 5 with such restrictions), clinic regulations (4 states), medication abortion (7 states).

There really are too many instances to list.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Kinda had to work that race and explosive slavery image in there somewhere, huh?

I'm entirely missing where the Bible mentioned the slavery of Africans by Western powers for economic empire building, as you'd be referring to in U.S. history with it.

More tho.. where does that fit with a Super Court decision about offering specific types of Birth Control, by force of law, within company furnished basket of benefits for employees, or the pay that company offers them aside from it?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
a reply to: Aazadan

No one is losing their rights. They don't have to work there.
And they can always be responsible and not get knocked up in the first place.. I know that's a radical thought.. but..

If you haven't noticed, peoples choices of where they work aren't all that broad. There is no marketplace on labor. As far as not getting knocked up goes, most people can't resist the urge to have sex and even fewer can resist that urge just because they're poor. It's actually the opposite, the less money you have the more appealing it is because you have nothing else to do. So what you're advocating is to put women in the situation where they're statistically going to have more sex, take away their options for birth control, and then demonize them for getting pregnant. Good job there.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

more to the point - how has christieanity developed an anti-contraception stance ?

it is certainly not from the bible - as the only reference i can think of was gods failure to punish a man who used the " withdrawl method " despite gods explicit instruction for him to inseminate his brothers widow

so the aledged bible god must approve of contraception

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join